Played Armored Kill on PS3, here's my take

TG_jneagu

Played Armored Kill on PS3, here's my take

Post by TG_jneagu »

I freaking love it to death, these 4 maps are what BF should be! They are all massive even on PS3, but I tell you what, it is going to be even better on PC. The map design is superb both in Rush and conquest. The Gunship is a lovely bonus and increases the fun tremendously. PC benefits on having more flags, which will be even better. With 64 players or even 48 each map will be amazing!

Now off to the bad part: Stingers can lock onto the gunship and take it down quite fast, even faster in HC. Next the parachute drop from the gunship is a complete buzz kill, you think when it would hover over a key area you could drop there, but no all the drop points are already picked--really stupid (could be argued for balance during rush.) also the night map is so freaking blue, and the Moon is extremely bright!

I still dont think Helicopter are useless now w/o the flares on second seat and the OP stingers now, over time i think we will get used to it.

More cool stuff, there is a lot of breathing room and flank options available, you can even go mountain climbing and yes camp from a bridge 2 clicks away on Alborez mountain (my fav map of them all). The scenery is gorgeous on every map except for Armored Shield (the most generic map of them all) It basically is Caspian Border with a lot of hills. Visually it isnt to exciting but nonetheless an awesome map. Plus the new tanks are awesome, there is even a secondary seat on one of them that point directly forward. Plus the ATV's are awesome.

Well thats it, ask questions below if you want.
Last edited by TG_jneagu on September 6th, 2012, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Re: Played Armored Kill on PS3, here's my take

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

What?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Played Armored Kill on PS3, here's my take

Post by OddJob2021 »

TG_jneagu wrote:I freaking love it to death, these 4 maps are what BF should be! They are all massive even on PS3, but I tell you what, it is going to be even better on PC. The map design is superb both in Rush and conquest. The Gunship is a lovely bonus and increases the fun tremendously. PC benefits on having more flags, which will be even better. With 64 players or even 48 each map will be amazing!

Now off to the bad part: Stingers can lock onto the gunship and take it down quite fast, even faster in HC. Next the parachute drop from the gunship is a complete buzz kill, you think when it would hover over a key area you could drop there, but no all the drop points are already picked--really stupid (could be argued for balance during rush.) also the night map is so freaking blue, and the Moon is extremely bright!

I still dont think Helicopter are useless now w/o the flares on second seat and the OP stingers now, over time i think we will get used to it.

More cool stuff, there is a lot of breathing room and flank options available, you can even go mountain climbing and yes camp from a bridge 2 clicks away on Alborez mountain (my fav map of them all). The scenery is gorgeous on every map except for Armored Shield (the most generic map of them all) It basically is Caspian Border with a lot of hills. Visually it isnt to exciting but nonetheless an awesome map. Plus the new tanks are awesome, there is even a secondary seat on one of them that point directly forward. Plus the ATV's are awesome.

Well thats it, ask questions below if you want.
Awesome Julian. Thanks for the sneak peak. I also look forward to the gunship and am actually glad stingers have a purpose now. Before the patch, it would be rare to see stingers being used unless air domination was in progress. Now I think we'll see an even distribution of stingers/rpg/jav on armored kill - I foresee possibly biasing stingers or javi. The stingers being useful on the gunship is critical IMO. I don't like that gunship predetermined drop either. Can the opposite team camp it? and LOL... OP Moon!

I agree with your chopper outlook. I don't think they suck now and like the second seat nerf and rocket buff, it was needed IMO. What would be cool is a second seat for the jets, maybe for locking ATA and ATG missiles - think Topgun :)

I have a friend, all he likes to do is recon, and not in the mix, he likes only getting marksman 1000+ if available. This play style IMO sucks, the person is not helping the team win. But he will love these huge maps, I wonder what distance he'll try for/get.

From what I've seen, Armored Shield looks very similar to Harvest Day from BF:BC. Can you explain more about the second seat in the Tank Destroyer?

And be prepared for jihad ATV's!