banned?

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Ogrish

banned?

Post by Ogrish »

I was banned for shooting mlrs at a main. I thought this was allowed. No warning just banned. I was told not to "camp", I said I wasn't. As shooting missiles is not camping.

Ogrish

40b22d2e58b410db66e09bb5c01fadc0

3:30 pst
May 16, 2011
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Re: banned?

Post by c0loNeL »

Ogrish wrote: I was told not to "camp"
And you say you weren't warned???? You were told by other players as well. I also told you to stop a second time or your going on vacation. You continued so you have a week to think about it. Attacking an uncap, with whatever weapon IS camping, and you have been playing here long enough to know that. This is after tk'ing and team wounding the map before. Play by the rules or this is what happens

c0loNeL
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

w/e colonel . I have been playing a long time...with a few year hiatus.
The admins on this server are a cliquey bunch of girls. I have been kicked several times for the most ridiculous reasons. TK'ed as a punishment? lol yet there is no consistency in the decisions.
I am being judged by people who don't even know the difference between your/you're, there/their/they're...but what do I expect anyways... See you in a week or two.
The rules should be revamped...if no flags are held the base should be good to go. Seems silly to have a `home-base``free zone`in a simulated battle.
At least we don`t see those SAS babies anymore...well on BF2
Whining in the in game chat should be discouraged...certain players clutter the screen with their boohoos

First ban ever and it is a week!! a little harsh no
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I was told not to "camp", I said I wasn't. As shooting missiles is not camping.`...is the entire quote.

Missiles should be allowed anywhere. I have spotted the main for other players.

Whats the difference between a sniper rifle and any other gun...if I can snipe a main why not shoot an M16...or if shot down you can`t grab an enemy ride...silly
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LOL .. because the rules state ... SNIPER RIFLES only .... THEY'RE ya go, oh wait that is not proper use of the word ... THEIR ya .. shit thats not right either .... THERE ya go ;)

All joking aside, I know it sucks to be banned so here is the rules on camping ... I would read them so there is not any confusion next time ;) With YOU'RE .. CRAP I did it again ... with YOUR well deserved time off you have some time to read and understand.

Getting back to our one rule: No attacking an uncapturable main. What does this mean? Uncapturable mains are those that the enemy cannot capture, i.e. the enemy cannot change or turn the flag. These are the main spawn locations for each side, although some maps, like Tobruk, only have 1 uncapturable main--red. Wake has an aircraft carrier that is blue's only spawn location; the aircraft carrier should be considered an uncapturable main and not be attacked. Omaha Beach is another exception. The blue spawn is the battleship, but it may be attacked. The Battle of Midway is another exception, the carriers are allowed to be attacked. Medina Ridge is NOT an exception. Blue has the only uncap and is not to be attacked except with the three exceptions noted below. Berlin is not an exception. We don't want Berlin's uncapturable main to be attacked. Attacking an uncapturable main, or uncap, is considered "camping" the main.

There are three exceptions to this rule:
1--Return fire is allowed to any player firing from a main such as the SA-3, MLRS, SCUD etc.
2--Car bombs (honking the horn sets off the bomb)
3--Snipers, who are firing sniper rifles

Any player firing from any main is a valid target. The usual examples are the MLRS or BM (multiple rocket launchers), SA-3 (surface to air missiles), and SCUD, But any player firing any weapon from a main is an acceptable target. The danger here is hitting someone else while attacking an approved target. It is left to the discernment of the administrator whether and how to punish offenders.

Don't basecamp uncapturable bases with anything but a sniper rifle. We believe that good players can hold a base when the opposing team comes to take it back, rather than pinning the other team down.

People for some reason have problems with this (e.g. I'm using a howitzer - isn't that sniping? NO. How about an RPG? NO. Dropping bombs from a plane? NO. How about ... NO). If you're not using a sniper rifle you're camping. Don't do it. We tried having rules that said "this is OK, this is NOT . . . ". Guess what? People don't understand nuance. We had to go one way or the other. If you get caught, you will be kicked. If you do it again, you will be banned. That's it. We've heard people say we're one-sided in our enforcement of this rule. Not so - it's probably because the admin is on one team and can't see either what his own teammates are doing or can't tell who it is that's doing it. Say something - I can't guarantee it will be seen (if we're not playing) but we DO try to be fair. If we know about it, we act on it. 'Nuff said.

This IS a game folks, it should be fun. If you've ever been camped by the MLRS in the Allied base on 73 Eastings or pinned in the Iraqi base by pad campers in Kharkov, you know it's no fun at all.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I have read your rules, I will follow them in the future. As for the killing of innocents while returning fire from base...this is a sticky point. I guess I will note the admins on while considering this form of attack in the future.
As for being pinned...the mlrs has a long reload time and ppl always get out...being held down b fire is only not fun when it is your team getting hit.
I guess car bomb is a suicide run as you have the death shield around the non-caps.
And to take out arty in a main is certain death too.
Your rules need tweaking...they lead to the most annoying part of this game...the whining.
I`m off to shoot Poles now as they have the only other server with a descent amount of players.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Ogrish wrote: The admins on this server are a cliquey bunch of girls.
Not helping your case, and keep it up ban will be longer.
I have been kicked several times
And you continue to break the rules
The rules should be revamped
Not gonna happen so figure it out