Unban Request

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
bRiNK
United States of America

Unban Request

Post by bRiNK »

1. In-game alias: VoZ.bRiNK`
2. Public key hash: 00cefbdce3c4dcc2211570491021585f
3. Time/date of the ban: 8:30 PM EST
4. Who banned you: Nightstalker
5. What were you banned for: Mortar on a ship
6. Comments:
I placed a mortar on a ship and began repairing our ship on Midway. I switched to 3rd person and stood to where it looked like I was repairing my mortar. I was just entertaining myself until the final 20 or so tickets ran out. Nightstalker asked why there was a mortar on the ship and I responded, "It's not hurting anything. Relax."
Then an aircraft spawned on my mortar killing me and another person. I didn't get a team-kill for it and I had just watched a plane take off from a considerable distance from where I placed my mortar. He gave me no warning and then banned me for a week. I am not sure this is a suitable punishment for such an occurrence. I could see an insta-kick and at most 1 day...but a week? It was an accident.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Unban Request

Post by Nightstalker »

bRiNK wrote:I placed a mortar on a ship and began repairing our ship on Midway. I switched to 3rd person and stood to where it looked like I was repairing my mortar. I was just entertaining myself until the final 20 or so tickets ran out. Nightstalker asked why there was a mortar on the ship and I responded, "It's not hurting anything. CHILL."
Then an aircraft spawned on my mortar killing me and another person. I didn't get a team-kill for it and I had just watched a plane take off from a considerable distance from where I placed my mortar.
Almost correct ... it was RIGHT in front of the nose landing gear
bRiNK wrote:He gave me no warning
You have been playing long enough to know what is acceptable. Placing mortars where they will destroy vehicles as they spawn is for obvious reasons disruptive. Being that you are a regular means that 1 I would expect you to know the rules AND follow them. 2 considering I expect you to know they rules I am not going to slap you on the hand when you break them. That is just crazy for me to do when all you are going to do is think "Well that wasnt so bad, I just wont do anything like that around Night again" Then when the next admin gets on he has to deal with possibly the same thing and kick/ban you too. The way I look at it is with regulars they should know better and need enough time to make the rules set in that they should be following. I will let you off in a couple of days considering you kinda sorta admitted to what happened.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Well, my intentions were not to be disruptive. Like I said, it was an accident and I did not intend for the mortar to do any harm. I'll "chill" for however long this ban lasts. Thanks for the quick reply.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hey I will make you a deal ... The other day you said you were recording video that would prove something ... Post it and I will lift the ban early.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

~I totally have no reason to reply to any this specific instance - you both kill me so much that it wouldn't be partial anyway :D
But I would add that I COMPLETELY 'bump' Nights comments about the difference between 'regulars' and 'newer to the server' guys breaking rules and playing disruptive and how they should be handled... Not that it's actually any worse when a noob or reg commits the offense - but if someone jumps on our server and drives a tank out to the airfield and jumps in a plane- several folks will let the guy know it's wrong and hopefully he won't do it again - but it wasn't totally crazy of the guy to do that-taxi... i would if it wasn't against the rules ;) but if a regular does that knowing that all that happens the first time is a warning-people yelling at you, ect - but not kicked, I say wrong... If i knew you were a regular and you did something that you know is wrong - boom, lobby... no pass go and no free parking--(hopefully a little admin reason in the boot).
Brink - I would add that you play here enough that you know you don't need to respond to an admin's question about something with a wisecrack response telling him to basically not worry about it because (you thought) it wasn't hurting anything - might have just answered his question and show possibly give a 'btw, thanks for helping admin one of the last fun bf servers Nightstalker'... or just the answer.
~sidenote... can't say I didn't lift an eyebrow about the early unban offer :D :D :D
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Yeah, I admit I was out of line with the wisecrack and apologize. I totally understand the logic behind the regulars and new players in regards to warnings as well.
As for the offer to lift my ban early if I post my in-server gameplay video...I will have it posted by the end of the night. :)
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hey bud ... I asked you delivered ... see you in game.
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

kudos Brink...

~can't wait to see ya next time on the sever - I'll give ya an extra dip/duck/dodge before I allow ya ya kill me sir :D
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

sidenote - - - again.... Stu - 3am you reply to Mr. Brink??? WTF were you doing up at 3am????.... jus' sayin... :D :D :D
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LMAO ... I don't remember but I think there was beer, jack and coke and a redhead oh and a honkytonk bar hahahahahahahahahaha
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

swodi wrote:sidenote - - - again.... Stu - 3am you reply to Mr. Brink??? WTF were you doing up at 3am????.... jus' sayin... :D :D :D
I think its a cry for help. Someone needs a friend.
Or he was just upset that he has to sleep in the other bed :o

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Oh God .... Swodi gave you more fuel for your fire .... Swodi you dick ... I am gonna go hook up with "red" now. :lol: