My apologies

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Pathfinder
United States of America

My apologies

Post by Pathfinder »

OK, I messed up. I wasn't flying, I was gunning, didn't really notice where we were on the ground, was mostly looking at the sky, looked down (we had been forced down low) and there were two bad guys with RPGs so I shot them.

I know better than to do this at the uncap FLAG. Have gunned for many retards who purposefully fly there, and hold my fire while banging the "negative" key over and over. The hidden bases are different (not the rules, only paying attention to their location...)

Anyway, I understand there was an outpouring of support to unban me, which I am very humbled by and appreciative. However, I'm not going to whine about it here. I'll take my lumps. See you back in 3 days..

I appreciate the hard work the admins do, and my apologies for both the infraction and the distraction of having to deal with the aftermath...

Pathfinder
Pathfinder
United States of America

Re: My apologies

Post by Pathfinder »

Now that I've had some time to mull this over, I'd offer that the real disappointment for me is that, as a "regular", I'm not cut any slack for making a simple mistake. If I were a noob, I would have been given feedback and a chance to respond in game. I would define base camping as purposefully stalking a spawn point looking for easy kills. This was not the case here. I would have hoped as a "regular" I would have had an opportunity to have apologized for the mistake in-game. This event (to me) was akin to an accidental team kill.

What I'm suggesting is that admins should be given pause to wonder why a "regular" would make such a mistake...mistakes do happen, and ask them. If time is a problem, then kick them, they'll return on their own to explain. To me, mistakes should be kicks..intent should drive bans. Understood that sometimes it's hard to know the difference, but I would ask that regulars be given some benefit of doubt. I understand that's asking a lot for an admin in the heat of the battle, but I would offer that the storm that brewed in-game from my being banned was far more time-consuming. Admins make mistakes, too.. ;-) Certainly, some long-time players display a history of "occasionally forgetting" rules (I'm guilty of occasionally driving to planes)...but, given a demonstrated history of team participation and abiding by rules, I'd suggest we've earned some right of respect by having played here in such a manner. Am I wrong in asking this?
Pathfinder
United States of America

Re: My apologies

Post by Pathfinder »

and...won't know why unless one asks...can't ask if fingers are busy banning.. ;-)

Is it three days yet? ;-)

Oh, and the details..

Banned by Fight/SOS

CD key: 1501113880829684172762

for when the time comes..

Is it three days yet? ;-)

Pathfinder