Apparently I think I was banned?

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Skippy

Apparently I think I was banned?

Post by Skippy »

Let me first say, if I posted this in the wrong forum, please forgive me and forward it appropriately…

Also, I would like to start off by saying I know what I did and for the most part would warrant a “kick”, but I truly believe a “ban” was a little harsh; however, I was still in the wrong…

I am registered here under the name “Skippy”, but some of you may know me as (and during this incident) by the name of “HammerHead”. For most of you that do know me (i.e. Nightstalker, Fluffy, etc.) you will know that I am fair player and try to be a team player and support whatever side I am on, however, I do get miffed occasionally (just as the rest of us do) at noobs getting away with unjust gameplay; but know that this is not an excuse for my actions. During the hours of game play yesterday between 2:00pm – 4:00pm PST we were playing the map called Battle of 73 Easting on the red team. There was a player by the name of The Game (or something to that effect) and he was using the MIRS to continually shell the north base. I know that this is a difficult weapon to predict and he was actually doing more harm than good by TK’ing our team including me trying to cap the base. I did type to him asking him to kindly stop yet he continued without a response; I guess I figured he was one of those noobs oblivious (or not caring) about what he was doing. I did not see a recognizable admin on at the time, yet I didn’t ask for one either, and I should have, it’s just that in the past I have tried to tell an admin about disruptive game play, but most times the admin is pre occupied playing themselves and they do not always have the opportunity to deal with everything…again, not a excuse, just saying. In any case, I did warn the player I was going to TK him if he would not stop prior to me doing so, and immediately after that, with no warning, I was banned. As I mentioned, I have witnessed far worse on this server with multiple warnings before just being kicked…but banned for this, ouch! I guess what I am saying is that it was wrong to TK if judged on face value, but I did not do it maliciously or in the mindless sense we all are normally accustom to seeing. So I am throwing myself at the mercy of the court with the promise I will conduct myself differently and politely ask the ban to please be lifted.

In closing, I respect you guys and know how hard it is to deal with rouge players as I too ran a server in another life (or a long time ago) and would not wish to run another one as I got tired of the baby-sitting and now just enjoy the game for what it is. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Skippy AKA Hammerhead
BoOn
Canada

Re: Apparently I think I was banned?

Post by BoOn »

Skippy, If you go back to the main page and look down one more section "below Technical Issues" you will see the Unban request section. Once on that page please refer to this guideline for posting your Unban request located here http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... f=17&t=440 .

Once you make your post there than the banning admin should get back to you on it, it shows you recieved a 3 day ban for your tk of that individual.

Your transcript:
22/01/2012 12:43:04 : # [Allies] HammerHead: you ass, that MLRS is worthless
22/01/2012 12:44:23 : # [Allies] HammerHead: please stop shooting the mlrs into the north base
22/01/2012 12:44:34 : # [Allies] HammerHead: if you do it again, i WILL tk you
22/01/2012 12:45:53 : # [Allies] HammerHead: you understand English now
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Topic moved .. plz fill out the rest of the stuff located in the topic Boon posted .. Mainly the keyhash as I think you have covered everything else. Then the banning admin will respond as soon as possible.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Thank you gentlemen, my mistake for not seeing the obvious fourm; below is the key hash:

f8ffced77c428bf3ea1997d7027d20ea
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Intentional TK is the biggest No-No in the game, no matter for what reason. Most people know not to TK an admin but may care less when it comes to "noobs". Here's a tip, admins do come in different IDs sometimes. If you do that to me and I've seen you in game before, you get a 3-day bench time, no warning since as a regular you know the rules. Longer bans for subsequent violations until perm ban.

As for what happened in that day, there were about 15 players, you were the only one Tked and you got a "sorry" immediately.

You have been unbanned as of yesterday given your attitude in the post.