Perm. Ban misunderstanding

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Gold_squadron

Perm. Ban misunderstanding

Post by Gold_squadron »

1. [D5]Gold_squadron
2. IDK
3. A few weeks ago. IDK exactly
4. Admin named "Father" is what other admins in Teamspeak informed me
5. Disrespecting admin
6. Was accidentally kicked by admin (kicked wrong player). Then I came back in and was mad that I got kicked for doing something that I wasn't doing or didn't do nor could I have done so at that time in the game. Was banned for disrespect. Admin did not say anything until after I started "disrespecting." I am sorry for what I said, but if anyone else was in that situation; they would have most likely done something similar. On the other hand, the admin who banned me was silent during and after my kick, and before my in-game comments. Could I not have seen anything in the chat besides "Gold being banned for disrespect" when I had no idea what the rules were nor did I know what the hell was going on (besides being kicked for something I did not do).

I just wish to play on this server (with rules like I always do). toolman said he has seen me play in the server and has noted good conduct and sportsmanship. I think this whole ban and kick problem on my ban day was just a big misunderstanding and in a state of confusion.

Thank you

~Gold_squadron
Gold_squadron

Re: Perm. Ban misunderstanding

Post by Gold_squadron »

Grammar error!
Could I not have seen anything in the chat besides "Gold being banned for disrespect?" I had no idea what the rules were nor did I know what the hell was going on (besides being kicked for something I did not do).
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

GS,

Thank you for bringing your request to the forums. I was not the original banning admin but I do have a question for you. Regardless of any mistakes or misunderstandings you were, rightly or wrongly, permanantly banned from our server.

So could you please share, here as part of your appeal, the explicit method you employed to circumvent that ban and return to our server?
Semper Rugby

Life is better just a half a bubble off dead plumb.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Gold_squadron wrote:1. [D5]Gold_squadron
2. IDK
3. A few weeks ago. IDK exactly
4. Admin named "Father" is what other admins in Teamspeak informed me
5. Disrespecting admin
6. Was accidentally kicked by admin (kicked wrong player). Then I came back in and was mad that I got kicked for doing something that I wasn't doing or didn't do nor could I have done so at that time in the game. Was banned for disrespect. Admin did not say anything until after I started "disrespecting." I am sorry for what I said, but if anyone else was in that situation; they would have most likely done something similar. On the other hand, the admin who banned me was silent during and after my kick, and before my in-game comments. Could I not have seen anything in the chat besides "Gold being banned for disrespect" when I had no idea what the rules were nor did I know what the hell was going on (besides being kicked for something I did not do).

I just wish to play on this server (with rules like I always do). toolman said he has seen me play in the server and has noted good conduct and sportsmanship. I think this whole ban and kick problem on my ban day was just a big misunderstanding and in a state of confusion.

Thank you

~Gold_squadron
Hi Gold_squadron,

Yes, that was me who banned you and thanks for coming here to explain yourself. I might have not said or typed much before or after you were kicked... but I was monitoring your conduct and your friend's. You both were warned to drop all the arguing and non-sense but you both kept at it, especially your friend (clan buddy or whoever he is). My intention was to kick the other player but kicked you instead. After realizing I kicked the wrong player and then you rejoined, I said sorry to you but you still called me an a$$hol3. You instigated the non-sense in game and on top of that you disrespected an admin - so your ban was well deserved.

We run a clean and fair server with reasonable rules so if you respect that then the respect will be mutual. As for a ban lift, I won't remove it yet until you come clean about how you went about bypassing our name/guid ban.

Thanks

IANYF (a.k.a i_am_not_your_father)
Gold_squadron

Post by Gold_squadron »

Here is how i was able to play a round a half on the server. I clicked on "join server" in my favorite servers list. I played until i was kicked/banned for disrespectful language or something which I was innocent of. I was told on teamspeak that it was because i was on a ban list. I am not a skilled programmer. My computer/programming skills go as far as creating the game of pong in my college class. I don't know how what I did to "bypass" your server ban list or whatever it is called. I am telling you all and nothing but the truth. I have no experience, knowledge, or skill in networking abilities.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I made a litte yellow ball bounce across the screen. The program was a small novel on a Commodore 64 I think. Three hours of my life wasted. Unlike here. 8-)

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Gold_squadron

Post by Gold_squadron »

hahaha! Commodore 64....i am guessing that is an early version of the computer (PC)? we have about the same computer skills. I am learning the C++ language though.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Gold_Squadron,

Your ban was lifted. Please follow the rules.

Locking this thread before Sarge hijacks it. Hell..... too late.

IANYF