Unban Request

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
bRiNK
United States of America

Unban Request

Post by bRiNK »

1. In-game alias: brink
2. DC/BF3: DC
3. Public key hash(If BF3, leave blank): 00cefbdce3c4dcc2211570491021585f
4. Time/date of the ban: 1:30 PM EST 3/18/2012
5. Who banned you: IDK, maybe Colonel
6. What were you banned for: IDK
7. Comments: I was banned today without warning. To my knowledge, I was not breaking any rules. It was Lost Village and I used RPG for the majority of the round. As the next map was loading I received the message "Kicked from server". I barely spoke and the only thing I recall saying in chat is something along the lines of "come on lets get flags" and "nice shootin boon". I hardly ever play anymore because my gaming rig stays home while I am away at college. What's the deal?
BoOn
Canada

Re: Unban Request

Post by BoOn »

Brink,

There has been alot of complaints ever since you started gaming here, Complaints about the legitimacy of your gameplay. Alot of players and admin agree that something does not seem right about your accuracy with weapons, now we can take screenshots of you all day long but we will never catch a no recoil or accuracy hack that a player may be running. Granted you are a good player but overall I strongly believe you have something else on your side that is assisting you in leading the boards and getting KDR's that we have never seen from a infin on this server.

Overall to avoid further complaints from both players and admins about things that have been witnessed that make them ask "How was that possible" I have issued a permanent ban on you. For the betterment of the server population to enjoy the maps and game play I will not be lifting the ban.
ÇreamzØr°

Post by ÇreamzØr° »

In other words, the general population on your server is a joke. The fact that you're abusing your admin privileges because of your lack of knowledge for DC infantry is even worse. It's astounding to me that one such as yourself gets to abuse these privileges, as it's clear you don't really deserve them. If you had any common sense, you'd understand that competition betters the game, it doesn't take away from it. And, at the very least, you could understand that '42 and DC have been out for around 10 years. If he had some kind of "no recoil or accuracy hack," you really think he would be using it in an 11 year old game? Pathetic. I've seen Brink throughout a plethora of games and he's always just been a very talented FPS gamer. 1942, BF2, etc. etc. He's never been bad. This one player cannot have the negative impact or connotation you really assume and I seriously doubt he's as detrimental as you're making him out to be; his permanent ban aside, EA 117 has really took a turn for the worse.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Creamzor,

This forum section is for those involved , Your not welcome to post in this section unless you were directly involved in it which you were not. You always seem to come chime in when there is a issue with Brink , Im sure that he is capable of responding on his own. Any further posts from you in this thread will be removed.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

I don't even know where to begin, Boon.

I thought the admins discussed this topic and agreed to allow me to play in the server. Maybe I am mistaken.

I have been banned once before purely on "suspicion" and I even submitted 37 minutes of footage from the very same round I was banned to prove I am legitimate. The ban was lifted.

I hardly ever play anymore, maybe once or twice a month because of school. My gaming computer stays home while I'm away. So it is not like I am in the server everyday making a mess.

EA 117 is the only U.S. DC server left that is consistently populated. If the ban is not lifted then my BF tenure is practically over.

A warning would have been nice before I was banned. I was left in the dark with no explanation as to why I was kicked. I thought it was by mistake - I didn't even know you had admin rights, Boon. I saw you as one of the more reasonable players who didn't always jump to "oh it must be a cheat" and it really surprises me you would just slap a ban on me without discussing the issue with me in Teamspeak or something of the sort. I would have been willing to change how I play, all you had to do was ask.

This is a 10 year old game, it shouldn't be surprising that there are individuals who excel. This only opens the door to ban every other player who admins may find suspicious - surely I'm not the only suspicious player. I don't see this as being healthy for the server. I would argue that the ban would compromise the server more than my actual gameplay because of the aforementioned reason.

Doesn't this server stream to PBBans? I know it is your server and you all ultimately decide who stays and who goes, but this ban goes against PBBans code. They only enforce a ban when the evidence is undeniable. But, like I said, it is your server not theirs.

Lastly, I have pride in my ability to game, as nerdy as that sounds. I have put a lot of time and effort to be where I am at today in regards to FPS games. How pathetic would that make me if I constantly cheated on a game as ancient as this? I'm above resorting to juvenile methods to gain an unfair advantage. There is no fun in that.

EDIT: To add to my response - BERLIN 247 used to be a great and heavily populated server, I believe part of their servers decline, besides the obvious factors, is because they were so quick to put a ban on almost any player they thought to be suspicious. It is all very subjective. I just do not want to see the only populated server left follow the same path.

One more thing, I love playing this game. Why would I hack and potentially drive away the already diminishing population of a game that's on its last leg? I would love to see this game stay alive for as long as possible.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Two things.

One .. why the hell does this Creamzor only show up when there is an issue with you and then tell us how we should run things. Its a waste of his time and ours so just quit.

Two, we are not a group of admins that just get in game, have a hunch and then hand out bans like candy. That thought can be thrown in the trash. There is discussion that goes into questionable bans as to whether or not we should follow through with it. Boon was kind enough to explain that what is going on we may not catch. Brink if you look back at your post you indirectly admit your gameplay is questionable. Funny thing is, many people want to bash this server and a lot of time those same people will say they want their ban lifted along with changing their ways as its the "last good DC server". We all tend to help people out on this server but you .. well you run around with springs under your shoes, head seeking guided bullets in your sniper rifle, and long range buckshot in the shotgun. Yet instead of offering help you give smartass comments. I know I personally have asked you to help me out with infantry as I am not that good. I have received not one bit of advice. If you really enjoy the competitive style of gameplay why not help make people better.???
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Nightstalker wrote: Two, we are not a group of admins that just get in game, have a hunch and then hand out bans like candy. That thought can be thrown in the trash.
I was not saying that is how you all run things around here. I know that is not the case. I was simply saying I hope that is not how things end up in the long run.
Nightstalker wrote:There is discussion that goes into questionable bans as to whether or not we should follow through with it. Boon was kind enough to explain that what is going on we may not catch. Brink if you look back at your post you indirectly admit your gameplay is questionable.
I realize there may be hacks/cheats that have the ability to go undetected but that seems to be what you all are leaning towards. Sounds like, "I don't know what it is and everything comes back clean, so it must be some new undetected hack". That's the easiest thing to assume/accept. However, I feel if that were the case, there would probably be many other players by now doing the same thing and it would most likely be apparent.

And please enlighten me on how I "indirectly" said I have questionable gameplay. That would counter my whole argument.
Nightstalker wrote:Funny thing is, many people want to bash this server and a lot of time those same people will say they want their ban lifted along with changing their ways as its the "last good DC server". We all tend to help people out on this server but you .. well you run around with springs under your shoes, head seeking guided bullets in your sniper rifle, and long range buckshot in the shotgun. Yet instead of offering help you give smartass comments. I know I personally have asked you to help me out with infantry as I am not that good. I have received not one bit of advice. If you really enjoy the competitive style of gameplay why not help make people better.???
First, stop twisting my words around to make it sound like I am bashing the server/admins because I am not. I am only stating my case. I am more than willing to help people get better and you have given me the perfect opportunity with your statements above and I will address those later in this post. Honestly, I do not recall you asking for help when it comes to infantry. All I remember is when you say "BS" or "wtf" - that's not asking for help. All that does it put me on the defensive and makes me feel less inclined to want to help you. I greet you just about every time I see you or any other TS regular/admin in the server, and most of the time I'm ignored.

In response to "springs under your shoes, head seeking guided bullets in your sniper rifle, and long range buckshot in the shotgun", here are some tips and a breakdown of what Nightstalker is experiencing.

#1 Springs under your shoes: I guess this is referring to how frequently I jump and the manner in which I jump.

What: Jumping, dolphin-diving, double-jumping, and crouch-jumping

How (Assuming default settings): Jumping - space bar, dolphin-diving - jump then prone WITHOUT pressing the forward key at anytime during the sequence. double-jump: jump on an object and as soon as you land, press crouch then immediately jump again. crouch-jumping: jump then quickly tap crouch; repeat.

Why: Jumping - adds another dimension to your movement when trying to dodge. Instead of just moving side to side adding the jump makes the opponent have to adjust their cross-hairs and if they don't then they will be shooting your knees/feet instead of head/chest thus resulting in less damage. When people complain about jumpers it is likely because they do not adjust and makes it harder for them to kill you. They would love for you to do "normal" movements - or better yet stand still. The whole point is to make it harder for them to kill you not just leaping obstacles. Dolphin-diving - this allows your cross-hairs to come together more quickly and they also become more stable while shooting, the drawback is the restricted movement. Crouch-jumping - this can be used two ways, one is to dodge. Crouch-jumping gives an animation that may appear unusual to players who are unaware of this move (hence the spring-shoes/hovering animations). This looks strange and make its more difficult to hit the target. You can also translate this into a shot. This can be referred to as the medium between the dolphin-dive and regular strafing. It allows your cross-hairs to come closer while also stabilizing the cross-hairs and also allows more movement than the dolphin-dive; drawback is that it's not as accurate as the dolphin-dive.

#2 Heat seeking bullets and shotgun sniping

Aim for the head/neck area when firing your weapon. This seems like common sense but a lot of players may be aiming for the body because the target is larger. Once you are able to consistently hit the head/neck area you will see you kill your targets much quicker. Lead your shots to compensate for lag! Lower ping = less lead = easier to kill your target.

The shotgun spread does not change whether you're moving, standing still, prone or jumping. The shots come out the same. When shooting a target long range with the shotgun you want to aim for the body - not the head. This allows more of the shells to hit the target at long range. Because of the shells decreased effectiveness at range, you want as many shells to hit the target as possible.

Hope that clears some stuff up.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Ban will stay in effect for reasons already mentioned , locking thread.