Banned for a week

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Ramphopper

Banned for a week

Post by Ramphopper »

1. In-game alias: Cro cop
2. DC/BF3: DC
3. Public key hash(If BF3, leave blank): REMOVED just in case it was his CD key.
4. Time/date of the ban: 4/17 10:50pm
5. Who banned you: Nightstalker
6. What were you banned for: team stacking?
7. Comments: Got auto switched to blue on Aberdeen, played for about 10 min or so never died and never switched, somehow blue out numbers red by 3 or 4. Boom - banned by Nightstalker for a week for teamswitching.

Yes, i switched earlier upon the start of the game, and did not switch back per Nightstalker's request since it's already even by that time. Got kicked. ok fine. Came back and played as usual (for a good 10 min after being autoswitched), only to be banned for a week. Mr. Nightstalker, If you feel you have any justification for banning a week, please share - lazy not looking up the logs or having a bad day just want to vent will not count.

It seems recently couple of admins are especially abscessed w/ taking out teamswitchers. It's all fine, except, you DON'T kick/ban people for switching upon starting of a game. Last time I check, only team switching to the winning side is against server rules not at game start. The "auto balance" feature works quite nicely, if you admins stop looking for people to kick and focus on playing, you might enjoy the game more.

* If you don't know who banned you or what you were banned for then type IDK for that question.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Banned for a week

Post by Nightstalker »

I asked you to switch back .. you didn't .. I asked again .. you didn't. You got kicked. You came back on.. Teams are off by 3 or 4 I can't remember but favoring blue. I waited and autobalance kicked in. Teams were even and you were on red. Later in the game I look and now you on blue when we started to take most of the flags. I asked you to go to red as they were down 1... I asked you to go to red again and gave the last chance. Obviously you saw the messeges which you were given time to give some type of response. .. Nothing. No "Why do I have to switch" or "Dude I got autoswitched" ... Nothing.

Here is the deal. Many of these maps get ALL screwed up if we let people choose what side they prefer. Hence why I always say play where the server puts you. I get it when it comes to liking the T72 vs the M1A,the A10 with clusters vs the Frog, Apache vs the Hind or heaven forbid there is a a 50 cal on a map. Like I said .. I get it. BUT if I allow switching at the beginning of the map, is it really fair to the guys on the team that is now loaded (red in your case at the beginning) to be autoswitched when they play where the server puts them everytime. It happens to me all the time. I finally get on the side I would like to be on because that is where the server put me ONLY to see it stacked. Then I die (which is normally really fast :( ) just to get switched to the other side. You are a normal player and I might add a well liked one. I do NOT like having to "admin" our regs but you guys set the standard for all the new guys coming from other servers. So when there is a lack of "trust" if you will I have to do something.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Teamswitching has been a big pain recently , more so than before with new players that come on. New guys that dont know server rules will get a warning , regulars who know the rules yet break them get dealt with more harsh.

I personally kick for teamstacking, NS is nice enough to warn but you didnt listen, I wont wait for autobalance to kick in and have some player who is not teamswitching get switched because of a selfish player, that player will get a instant kick.
Ramphopper

Post by Ramphopper »

I get it. You got tired of getting autoswitched, got mad and started new rules. Most admins here are cool and nice and I have no problem with, but but implementing new rules at hoc is not cool, especially you and sc kept picking on me!? Also, do you honestly always keep an eye on the msg during the heat of the games? I can't. Not only do i have to do that, but also I have to follow your order to switch or face 1wk ban - even though I got auto switched 10 min earlier when the blue was loosing people. Are you being reasonable?

I've been amin for years on different servers. I know how it feels to have to admin everything, and I applaud you guys for doing it. But, the minute you start taking it as a full time job, you stopped playing/enjoying the game and ended up pissing yourself and everybody off. My advice - please be reasonable and take it easy. Same goes, or especially, for you BoOn, whoever you are.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Warnings for Teamswitching is nothing new , ever notice the warnings in the server for it ? with every warning there is a kick command for it if the players continues or doesnt listen. I have seen you teamswitch in the past just to get on the side with the plane you want, others do the same thing and its not fair to other players when selfish players cause them to get autoswitched.

Its not about power tripping on the server for the admins , Its about keeping the game flowing with the rules that are put in place for us to enforce, generally the only ones that get pissed off are the ones that get caught.
Ramphopper

Post by Ramphopper »

When I do switch in mid game, believe it or not, I actually check the team balance to make sure I won't trigger an "auto balance".

So i guess the server rule now is "no team switching" period? When do you plan to update it http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... ?f=64&t=38?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

The unspoken rule is we expect respect for and from every player. Does this need to be explained?

Let me repeat .. respect for and from. Do you find it respectful to switch teams (for what ever reason YOU choose) and cause your fellow player to be autoswitched? How many times have you seen people complain about getting switched. There are the unfortunate times when people log off and you get switched. We can not help those times but we can help out by not switching at all while in game. Beginning, middle or end.

Some may think I am harsh and maybe to an extent that is true. The thing is when regular players are acting up, I feel they do not need a kick. They know the rules. I gave you multiple warnings with no change or rebutal and knowing you switch teams regularly something must be done. I know it sucks. I have been banned before. But like I said, you know what's expected ie Nightstalker and SC pick on me which means we have had to tell you before and YET you still do it.

There are many people that come on here whether a new member and/or a regular to post an unban request or just bitch and moan about what the admin did or is doing. Not one of the admins log in with a smile thinking, "I am going to ban me someone today."Having to watch the server is not the funnest this to do. It would be great just to get in and play. Many times I do not even look for stuff unless its obvious or the server is in an uproar. You say do treat it like a job. We do not but we did sign up for this. We said we would watch the server for any infractions. That is what we do.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I should clarify what im trying to say cause there seems to be confusion, Teamswitching if say its 15 vs 16 and your the extra man on your team is something that I wont bother someone about, Teamstacking is what Im trying to express if you switch and offset the teams to 14 vs 17 than I will kick for that .
Ramphopper

Post by Ramphopper »

Soooo ... which one is it? Nightstalker's "not switching at all while in game. Beginning, middle or end." or Boon's more reasonable explanation? I am honestly not trying to be sarcastic - i need to know so i don't get harassed & kicked around any more.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Not to take away from what Boon said as I can see where if it is 15-16,the odd man doesnt really change much. The reason that is a "more reasonable explination" for you is it allows you to switch. The issue here is we are going to have multiple poeple switching back and forth when they see the odd man situation. And I can guarantee there will be times when the teams are gonna get way off balance if we allow it. And if we allow it for you we HAVE to allow it for all. So for the overall understanding I have always said "No switching, play where the server puts you." Plain ... simple .. understandable.

Oh one more. That is not your keyhash. I removed what you had put to make sure it was not your physical CD key. That you do not want people to have. ;)
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Posting in the unban threads RnR are for Admins and the individuals directly involved in the incident.

Ban has expired so thread locked