Unban Request #770

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
thotrete

Unban Request #770

Post by thotrete »

1. In-game alias: Moishe
2. DC/BF3: DC
3. Public key hash(If BF3, leave blank): 7a27c2c62203bcd88633d410f07cebb6
4. Time/date of the ban: April 17, midday
5. Who banned you: Stalker or Patches, can't remember
6. What were you banned for: Annoying someone with a car
7. Comments: We were playing midway, there were only 4 people on total or something like that, and I went with my car near an admin and started blocking his way and beeping. I didn't know you were an admin, otherwise I would have listened to you when you warned me to stop. Please identify yourself next time. Second, a kick would have made the point. A ban was totally unecessary. Thanks.

* If you don't know who banned you or what you were banned for then type IDK for that question.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Unban Request #770

Post by Nightstalker »

thotrete wrote:......... I didn't know you were an admin, otherwise I would have listened to you when you warned me to stop. Please identify yourself next time.
Really ??? You are telling me if it was not an admin you would have continued with your annoying ways???? Running into a teammates vehicles and honking the horn non stop for a good 30 to 45 seconds. You were asked what you were doing. You were asked AGAIN. Then told to stop. Yet you continue.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
thotrete

Post by thotrete »

I think my record on your server shows that I do not and have not engaged in this type of behavior in the past. The reason I was behaving this way yesterday was because of a little boredom due to the low number of people on the server. You should show some consideration for normal human behavior. The permaban was a gross overreaction. A simple kick would have sufficed. If it was not an admin, yes, I would have continued this behavior for a little while but I would hardly call this an epidemic. Like I have mentioned before, no one complained about me in the past, so it would be very hasty on your part to immediately conclude that I am a perpetual nuisance.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Its not a permaban ... It is for 1 day. Minimal for a guy as you state plays on the server regularly.

I can not believe I am going to do this but because of your honesty I am going to lift your ban. BUT, saying that you would have stopped what you were doing because it was an admin is not at all acceptable. We admins are nothing more than regular players with a few more buttons to push and alot more to watch while in game. I do not play the I am admin hear me roar game. So how about this. With your mentality on "treat admins different" how about you(we) assume all players have admin rights and treat everyone the same ;) I do not mean for this to sound belittling or anything like that just some friendly advice.

Thank you for your honesty thotrete(Moishe). You are good to go.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
thotrete

Post by thotrete »

Thank you for your leniency Nightstalker... You have great class.
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

I want to run NS over... Just once... :mrgreen: