Mr. Roboto Banned:(

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Mr. Roboto
United States of America

Mr. Roboto Banned:(

Post by Mr. Roboto »

1. In-game alias:Mr. Roboto
2. DC/BF3:DC
3. Public key hash(If BF3, leave blank):142b374749faa35032450e1683a43c5f
4. Time/date of the ban:5:00ish/10/22/2012
5. Who banned you:Not sure
6. What were you banned for:Base camping
7. Comments: Sorry!!! had a little lapse there. I know the rules, they are advertised over and over, there really is no excuse. For some reason I thought it was ok to use the guided missile from the destroyer to blow up planes on the Guadalcanal airfield. I really am a rule follower and have never ever been banned in all the years I've been playing '42.

* If you don't know who banned you or what you were banned for then type IDK for that question.
BoOn
Canada

Re: Mr. Roboto Banned:(

Post by BoOn »

Tisk tisk , The banning admin will address this shortly.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Mr. Roboto wrote: For some reason I thought it was ok to use the guided missile from the destroyer to blow up planes on the Guadalcanal airfield. [/b]
You were going nuts on the airfield blowing up planes with the destroyers guns when I hopped into game, and THEN you hit it with missile to top it off. :18: If your gonna explain, let's hear it ALL. :evil:
Your ban will be up tomorrow.
Play nice or it will be longer next time.

C
Mr. Roboto
United States of America

Post by Mr. Roboto »

I'll start by apologizing again for camping the main, I honestly don't know what I was thinking. Mostly I was just messing around with the guided missile on the destroyer and using the guns to kill time while the missile reloaded. I'm the first to admit that I was breaking the rules and deserved punishment, but what is kind of bothering me is the lack of any kind of warning. as soon as I saw someone was trying to put in a command with my player number it woke me up to what I was doing. I realize I'm new to your server and you don't know me from a hole in the wall, but insta-bans don't make me feel very welcome. Please don't get me wrong, I'm glad I found this server and I love playing here and plan on sticking around. I've especially enjoyed finding people I used to play with over on another server, where I too was an admin (server name dropping probably frowned upon) until they shut down the DC server and my wife had a baby forcing me to step down due to lack of time, I think I remember seeing you there if I'm not mistaken.
One day ban, that's fine and fair, just please don't treat me like I'm a problem child wreaking havoc everywhere I go.

Jon
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

??? I thought Mr Roboto had been on the server a few times before. Not trying to answer for Colonel but that may have been his thinking too. And if so that is why no warning. I do not give (nor do many of the other admins) regulars on the server warnings. After you have played here a few times, most of us feel they (the regulars) are the ones that know the rules and *should* be leading by example.

And to add to it as you said your server was shut down along with some others which has led to people migrating over here. Which personally that is a bittersweet thing. First and foremost, the sweet side is we are getting more people and keeping the server populated. On the other side we are getting more people. Those that cheat, hack, come from servers with no rules etc etc. So with the influx of those types we may be a little quick to ban. ;) ... And I do not mean to make your ban seem less than it is but ... it is only a day. Which is 0.0027472527472527% of your gaming life in a years time. Non leap year of course :P ..... and yes I have been banned before too so I know how it feels ;)

Welcome to the server and thanks for bringing it here to talk about.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Nightstalker wrote:??? I thought Mr Roboto had been on the server a few times before. Not trying to answer for Colonel but that may have been his thinking too. And if so that is why no warning.
Hit it on the head. I have played with you before and do consider you a regular player. A warning or kick in this case may have been justified, but the intensity of your camping brought on the day off. (if you had just hit main with missile, I would most likely just kicked) As Nightstalker has said, we expect more from our regular players than new players.
Just a side note, 3 other players were banned (camping, tk'ing, driving to planes) and 2 of them regulars. Your the only one that just got a day. It was a crazy night with no one heeding warnings.
I'm sorry you feel it was a heavy sentence, but your good to go.
And I do appreciate you coming here and explaining and apologizing. :)

See you on the battlefield
C
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Not to mention that you KNEW better and ackowledged that you've seen it in the server messages many times. Those are all warnings.

I don't think this is a big deal and I appreciate that you came here owning what you did, just "I should have been warned" seems a little silly to me :)