Kicked Why?

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Sledge

Kicked Why?

Post by Sledge »

Can't join the games today. The screen says I'm kicked before I even load the map. Is this a punkbuster issue or was I banned for something I don't know about?
Be Brief
Be Brilliant
Be Gone
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Kicked Why?

Post by Swanny-CG »

Keyhash?

New install? If so, did you install the PB update?

Sorry, I'm no good at guessing games ...
C'mon Son
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by C'mon Son »

Please follow the unban request procedure. As far as I can see you were banned for tking on Nov. 5th and hopefully the banning admin will chime in on this.
"Now you're messin' with A son of a bi*ch" Nazareth-Hair of the Dog
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

I can't follow the request procedure because I don't know any details. I don't remember getting kicked. Never got any warnings, don't TK on purpose.

Is there a new PB update? Does this one also have to be manually loaded?
Be Brief
Be Brilliant
Be Gone
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Post by Southern Cross »

Asking Why?
I banned you a few weeks before due to the intentional TK.
We were playing on oilfields. You and I using T72 one by one taking the southern flag.
The flag color didn't change to red, maybe some enemies were hiding in there.
Suddenly you started firing at me. You shot me 3 times. My tank was burning with flame, so I got off T72 .
However you shot at me continuously and I got tk. So I warned you but you kept quiet.
There was no other kill logs and chat. You should have been very easy to see the log and understand.

After 10 seconds later, I spawned on the southern flag because I could use T72 which I got off. Then you killed me soon after I spawned there.
That's why you got banned. It's so odd to hear that you are asking "Kicked Why".
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

I think I remember that. If memory serves, I confused my team color because I was blue on the previous map. It has happened to me before. I'll play a color and get used to killing, Blue, for example. Then a new map starts, I'll be switched to Blue but still be gung ho to kill Blue! I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Sorry about that. I must not have seen your warnings or I would have answered. Perhaps I was distracted by one of my three kids. I don't know.

But anyway, banning is a little harsh for a TK don't you think? It's not like I'm a known TK'r. I've been playing this game for what, 6 years? I would think you know me by now. Do I have a bad reputation? I thought I was one of the "old men" of the sever and had earned a little respect. I'm surprised you are spring loaded to ban someone, let alone me, for TKing.

I hope you will accept my apologies and reconsider your banning policies. I don't want to be forced to move on to BF 3.

Cheers
Be Brief
Be Brilliant
Be Gone
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Post by Southern Cross »

At first time, I thought you mistook color but there were a few of other teammates in there.
You didn't kill them. You just kept killing "me".  And There are many Sledges on this game.
I know about you from old times. You are good as you say, so I didn't think "Sledge" was You.
Taking all things considered on that time, the only thing I could think of "Sledge" is a Teamkiller enjoy killing player of top score.(I was in top score on oil fields)
Such a Tker come back to server and killing repeatedly.

At least I think you saw the massage like "You have been rejected from server". Didn't you notice it too?
I lifted you from ban list but please be careful on massages. You had many chances to know about it.
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

Thanks. I have only seen one or two Sledges in the past and both times it was someone trying to piss me off. I don't play much these days so my skills are pretty rusty. As far as not killing the other guys, maybe I was targeting you because you were in the tank and most threatening. I don't know. Anyway, maybe I'll see you on tonight.
Be Brief
Be Brilliant
Be Gone