Tried to Join - "You've Been Kicked"

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Hav3n
United States of America

Tried to Join - "You've Been Kicked"

Post by Hav3n »

1. In-game alias: HaV3n
2. DC/BF3: DC
3. Public key hash(If BF3, leave blank): 1ac00469defbfa649c158b9e70360a35
4. Time/date of the ban: IDK (sometime in the last week I think)
5. Who banned you: IDK
6. What were you banned for: IDK
7. Comments: Hey guys.

* If you don't know who banned you or what you were banned for then type IDK for that question.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Tried to Join - "You've Been Kicked"

Post by Nightstalker »

You were given time off when you and Cheesemaster were having your "own" game being disruptive, wasting vehicles and TK'ing.

Feel free to read through this for a better understanding.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4644
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

:roll:

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Some lengthly responses over there.

I can't even begin to process how absurd this is....
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Can you address this Nightstalker?

Cannot tell you how infuriating it is to feel falsely accused and to be kicked from the server for falsehoods. You cited disrupting gameplay, wasting equipment and TKs.

Let me know when the TK ban is up, the other things didn't happen. It has never been my understanding that unless you're 100% pursuing flags you will be banned. In fact, in that other thread, you said "I am NOT saying do not have fun and you can not mess around from time to time. What I am saying is when you are goofing around ask yourself if what you are doing is effecting *your* gameplay or others. If it is effecting others ... quit." I was not affecting others' gameplay. Period. If Payne felt wronged by Cheese or Turkey on Urban Siege, so be it, but I do not recall doing anything there that was so bad. I may have flown a heli or two around the carrier, but there weren't a gaggle of guys calling for transport or chatting me for a ride.

What Cheese and I were doing was not affecting others, nor was anyone complaining to us about our activity. If it was affecting others(Cheese and I aren't dummies) we would change what we were doing. If others had complained about us taking equipment, we would change what we were doing. But this simply was not the case. At all.

Payne has cited Urban Siege over and over, but I was not disrupting anyone's game there. He simply groups me with a bunch of people screwing around, and I cannot even recall much of that map. In fact, I think I may have been AFK for much of it. This is really a gross "guilt by association" thing. Because I was on that night doing stuff with Cheese, somehow Cheese' spawn heli C4 and Turkey's Harrier in the Carrier Bay becomes Hav3n's sins....

Payne really acted like a jerk on El Al, and pushed us so far, that yes, at the end of the night, I TKed him twice. I accept any consequences from those actions, just as Cheese seems to have. But the "disruption" and "equipment wasting" thing is really not true in the sense that we were costing others an experience of playing. It was not an intense night and I feel like I got banned because I didn't "show up to play" when Payne wanted me to.

I understand, because it happens to me all the time where I'm in "go mode" and others aren't. But I get over it. Never been banned for not being in "go mode" for someone else.

Thanks.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

This seems like another "woe is me" with your guilt by association claim which was pointed out in the other thread. Were you not actively involved in some of the accusations? Payne said he asked those involved, which at least from what I can tell included you, to go to another server if you wanted to goof around. Why did you not go and/or why did this not trigger a thought to maybe we need to help our team.

If yall are tying up vehicles that could be used to aid your team while playing "your" game, then you are wasting them.

As for when you are in "go mode" and other are not, no you do not get over it. You claimed in the other thread that you and Cheese are "chill". If you are "chill", why, instead of bringing it here like Payne did you bitch about it while in-game. And half the time when asked to quit, you don't or if by chance you do it will be for a short time until you decided you have had enough and start back up. Yet causing more disruption.

So your past speaks volumes.

Regardless your ban is up. See you in game.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Payne said he asked those involved, which at least from what I can tell included you, to go to another server if you wanted to goof around. Why did you not go and/or why did this not trigger a thought to maybe we need to help our team.
This is not the first time you have confused details from his "grievance dossier" and have asked questions about my behavior with incorrect conclusions about what actually happened.

Payne told us to go to another server only when we asked him to leave us alone to goof around on El Al (the first map). He did not address disruption, equipment or anything else then, or for the rest of the night. So we were not asked to leave because we were disrupting, instead Payne was asserting that poaching me was "within his right," which is fine.
As for when you are in "go mode" and other are not, no you do not get over it. You claimed in the other thread that you and Cheese are "chill". If you are "chill", why, instead of bringing it here like Payne did you bitch about it while in-game. And half the time when asked to quit, you don't or if by chance you do it will be for a short time until you decided you have had enough and start back up. Yet causing more disruption.

When did I bitch about this in game? And to start bringing up past issues, why would you allow what you think of me to inform you on what actually happened? This is perhaps most troubling is how defensive you have been with Payne's assertions, having not been there or seen what actually happened. Every counter Cheese or I made was met with you assembling some justification from disparate details from his original post to (as it seemed to me) justify the assumption of our guilt.

Thanks for removing the ban, but I'm a bit rattled by how this was handled.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hav3n wrote:
Payne said he asked those involved, which at least from what I can tell included you, to go to another server if you wanted to goof around. Why did you not go and/or why did this not trigger a thought to maybe we need to help our team.
This is not the first time you have confused details from his "grievance dossier" and have asked questions about my behavior with incorrect conclusions about what actually happened.

Payne told us to go to another server only when we asked him to leave us alone to goof around on El Al (the first map). He did not address disruption, equipment or anything else then, or for the rest of the night. So we were not asked to leave because we were disrupting, instead Payne was asserting that poaching me was "within his right," which is fine.
The red says it all. No need to continue on that subject.

As for "poaching" ... Lets see .. Yall were on the opposing team so yes it was within his right. The only thing I have seen that Payne did that should not have happened was he switched teams.
Hav3n wrote:

When did I bitch about this in game?
I did not say you did. I gave a comparison of what you do versus what Payne. He brought the complaint here.
Hav3n wrote:And to start bringing up past issues, why would you allow what you think of me to inform you on what actually happened? This is perhaps most troubling is how defensive you have been with Payne's assertions, having not been there or seen what actually happened. Every counter Cheese or I made was met with you assembling some justification from disparate details from his original post to (as it seemed to me) justify the assumption of our guilt.

Thanks for removing the ban, but I'm a bit rattled by how this was handled.
We learn from history. Payne has not caused any issues and if he has they have been minor. You have been banned what ... 2 times if I am not mistaken. Permanently. So let me be frank. You were permanently banned twice. Yet you are still here. Even if it was a thought of guilty by association its a really strong case. So you and Cheese can come up with all kind of BS and try to manipulate what is said and the pictures show how ever you want. But let me say this ... AGAIN we were told, by a VERY respected person, yall were doing this same bullshit last night. Now I guess that VERY respected person who causes NO problems is full of shit too and I would be wrong to believe them.

I am done with this. Yall were fucking around, were asked(told as you put it) to quit, you did not, which ended up in people TKing one another. When the server is low, I dont care if you are goofing off. Hell I will do it with you, but when people do not want to join in on "your" game, its time to play the game. Pretty simple. We did it just the other day. We had a big sniper war going on in Kursk. Then 2 people came in and said "I hate sniping." They starting shooting us with tanks, helos, whatever they wanted. Now with your logic they were being disruptive. No ... they were playing the game. This is not a sniping server this is not a helo race server.

As for being rattled, pissed, bent out of shape or whatever you want to call it, my intentions are not to piss anyone off. Unfortunately the actions that we just talked about are still going on, so, if it does not quit, you are just going to find yourself in the same boat again and if you find yourself pissed off after we have talked about it and the same issues continue ... well ......

And do not read this as a threat .... Just play the game you know you are supposed to be playing and all will be fine.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

With all due respect, the only person in this discussion with first hand knowledge of what transpired is me.

That said, I think it would be good if you could point me to the relevant written rules as pertaining to what constitutes disrupting others' games. What the definition of a "low server" is and what "goofing off" is. I ask this because I assume that it doesn't exist, but if it does, please. But I suspect it won't ever because it is entirely subjective.

So we sort of circle back around to simply respecting each other and not being jerks. Last night, the first I saw someone complain about Cheese and I goofing around was AKA on Village and I immediately just started playing to cap flags. (of course after correcting AKA on his incorrect assumption about the righteousness of this most recent ban) So the map starts with something like 6 on 7 and I suppose you can conclude that 2 guys on 1 team goofing off skews everything and can ruin someone's experience that is there to play. So I started playing, so did Cheese I think. Like I said, we do not intentionally disrupt other players.

So, in conclusion, since my integrity and word has been repeatedly impugned and your understanding of my past has become a de facto justification for thinking that I'm blowing off any kind of civility, I'd like to quote from A Man for All Seasons.
NORFOLK: Then your reasons must be treasonable!
MORE: Not "must be," may be.
NORFOLK: It's a fair assumption!
MORE: The law requires more than an assumption, the law requires a fact.
Thanks and see you in game.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

We all can see what happened via pictures and if that is not "fact" than bring me fact that yall were not disrupting anyone's game and I will publicly apologize. Payne brought proof for his points, so until then I am done explaining as I am not going to continue going round and round.

Continue if you will but it will not change my mind. 3 maps according to Payne, 2 according to the pictures and then the VERY next day after the ban was up the same behaviour continued.

What I get tickled at is if an "admin" had asked you to stop, there would be no question, but when a fellow player and one that has been a member of this community for a long while ask the same, he is not shown the same respect. Why? Was the request outside of the rules? Are the fellow members not worthy? He may not have the keystroke to physically kick but his voice is loud. I do not know Payne on a personal level. He coupd be a complete ahole in person. What I do know is he does not cause any issues in game. I for one hold the guys who have been here for a good while, play fair and act according (respectfully) VERY high. With that said I have high expectation so when they fuck up there is little to no leniency. You have been here for a while so there is no need for explanation of the rules. This is not your first dance.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

We got a SLOW learner here. Let's see:

1. You got reported for disruptive game play with proof;
2. Admins agreed and you were banned;
3. Temp ban over after you responded in forum;
4. Back to the game with the EXACT same behavior got you banned at the first place;
5. Player complained and warned by admin in forum;
6. Still don't understand whether that was allowed here. Really??
7. Not sure if you learned anything from the previous perm bans.

Oh, you seem to have some memory loss as well. I have a few screenshots of your helo rides last night and there were at least 16 people playing at the time.

SOS
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

SOS, I'm really not interested in meeting others' needs in how they think I should be playing, anymore than you're interested in playing to meet my desires and expectations.

If there is something specifically happening, please address it here or in PM or in game. This tattling to the admin is solving nothing because I cannot for the life of me tell what the problem is due to garbling of facts. I've got Nightstalker mixing up details and assuming the worst, even after I clarify, over and over.

I don't have a problem with people, I'm not trying to be intentionally disruptive to others, but recognize I may be. So spell. it. out.

I've goofed around not chasing flags A LOT on this server for YEARS. Only now has it become a huge issue. I'd like to be sure I understand what is and is not permissible and I think a lot of what constitutes us being able to get along and not be jerks to each other is to communicate.

Because while I can see my chat spam being annoying, I don't see how flying around for fun at 12 midnight with barely enough guys to even man a 5 flag map is egregiously sinful compared to moronically sniping ineffectually, or knife fighting friends in the corner, or leaving yourself on AFK, etc...

I really don't know why I'm still playing this game other than I simply haven't gotten a new computer in years and DC is probably the most fun game I have ever played. EA117 is the last standing server worth playing on from what I can tell (at least for DC) and I'd hate to be shut out. But I am fun loving and when you mix Cheese and I together, it can get a little crazy.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

OK, you want specifics, here you go:

1. You can goof around when there's less than 8 players and stop it if more people login;
2. Don't waste equipment when others need them catching/defending flags, especially planes/helos;
3. Cut your chat to the minimum and use "L' instead of "K" when possible or get on to TS;
4. Lower your craziness to level 5 (on a scale of 10) when CM is around;
5. Meet the expectations of the server, i.e. DO NOT do what admins ask you not to do;
6. Make a decision whether you still want to play here. If yes, follow the above, if no, uninstall the game or ask admin for a 3rd perm ban.

Is that clear enough?

SOS
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I'd agree with all of S.O.S.'s point except maybe number one. I think if there are only eight on AND people really want to try and play then one guy dicking around throws off the balance.

The thing is it really IS subjective - what may be fine at one time throws the server off another time.

I would say that night it *seems* like your fooling around that night was perceived by at least Payne as being disruptive. I'd say if you get that vibe then excuse yourself and meet up on another server or create one and have the other person join.

I don't think this needs to be a huge deal but we've had these discussions before - I don't want to ban anyone needlessly but it seems like if you all cultivated a little more sensitivity to how your gameplay *might* be affecting others at a given time, we could probably quit having these chats, dig?
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Dig.

Thanks guys, I understand where you're coming from a lot better than a few weeks ago.

See ya in game.