WTF NOW?

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Pathfinder
United States of America

WTF NOW?

Post by Pathfinder »

1. In-game alias: Pathfinder
2. DC/BF3:DC
3. Public key hash(If BF3, leave blank): who the hell knows
4. Time/date of the ban:10:00 7/16
5. Who banned you: I think IANYF
6. What were you banned for: Was told by Pinhead for grenade spamming
7. Comments:

Excuse me for being pissed, but WTF IS THIS SHIT?

HERE ARE THE POSTED SERVER RULES

Can we grenade spam?
Yes, this is also considered poor sportsmanship and frowned on thou

HERE FROM THE DC RULES

Question--Can we grenade spam (throwing unlimited grenades while located next to an ammo box).
Answer--Yes.

So, are we now just making shit up as we go along?

#1 I spammed for about 1 minute in PREVIOUS MAP. 1 time only.

Was playing 10-15 minutes in current map without spamming anything, so either someone is lying or something is way wrong here.

If this is the kind of shit games admins want to play, then maybe it's time I move on.

Pathfinder - Cary
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: WTF NOW?

Post by Nightstalker »

Hang in there Path, the banning admin will be with you soon.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Pathfinder,

Yes, it was me who banned you for 3 days. Why? players were complaining about you nade-spamming. As I drove the humvee next to the opposition wall, I saw you right behind me and noticed that you started to nade spam their flag. As I am about to cap the flag you tk'ed me with a nade. You said sorry and I moved on. When blue had it so easy capturing two flags in a row, some players in the opposition team even said that they gave up trying because of your spamming. Now, let me ask... which nade "ammo box" were you using ? Want your honest answer. You have played long enough here to know better.

Next time, take a breather before you post an unban request. Being pissed doesnt warrant this language and attitude when posting an unban request. It does say alot....

Ban stays for 3 days.

IANYF
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

And, banning for MAKING RULES UP says a lot as well. I said "sorry" AND I quit doing it, so WTF IS THE PROBLEM HERE? I say I did NOTHING AGAINST THE RULES, not even 'unsportsmanlike" behavior. It was momentary, whimsical, and quiclly ended. WTF ARE RULES FOR IF ADMINs CAN BAN PEOPLE ANY TIME THEY WANT FOR ANY REASON?

If you WANT grenade spamming NOT TO HAPPEN, MAKE A RULE AGAINST IT!

WTF WAS THE PURPOSE OF WAITING 15 MINUTES INTO THE NEXT GAME? If it was such a pisser, what took so fricking long?

Something is very wrong here, and it ISN'T my actions.

If listening to whiners bitch is going to rule the day, then woe is everyone here.

"You have played long enough here to know better. " I KNOW what I was doing didn't violate ANY server rules. I DIDN'T know that playing by the RULES would get me BANNED. I have accepted bans in the past for the APPEARANCE of breaking rules without questioning them, because I understand that there can be misinterpretation of actions made. Admins are humans after all. I've had good discussions about cause and effect with other admins, took my lumps and moved on. In THIS case, I'm sorry, but I see NO GOOD REASON for this, other than YOU wanting to be a control freak and "make a point", of which you have none.
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

Oh, and the ammo box I was using was the one you left me with the wheels on it.

Geez...talk about being childish...
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Nice editing there by the way but a little too late. How hard is to understand that when a player is ruining the game for others you will be shown the door even if you are not breaking the rules. You did that last night. An admin, at his own discretion and depending on the circumstances, will have to make that hard decision whether it is unfavorable or not – but coming here and disrespecting/name calling an admin will not get you anywhere. It is because of players like you, ammo-boxes were removed on some maps but apparently you will find ways around it: using a humvee as mobile ammo box. At least you had the cojones to admit it. And let me point out that the server rules about nade spamming does say “ammo box” and not Humvee.

About the kicking last night, my initial attempts failed. When I thought I finally got it right (3-day ban), the map ended. You then joined the next map then I knew my ban did not make it on time. So I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a chance to explain yourself. I asked you a few questions w/o response... that's when I banned you. Obviously we have problem here: you don’t read the in-game chats or just don’t give a donkey’s ass.

Was it a harsh ban? Maybe… But I don’t regret it a bit given your longevity here. So, you either take like a man and wait for the ban to expire or act like a child and post more insults and attacks. Your choice.
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

Excuse me, but THIS is the rule.

Can we grenade spam?
Yes, this is also considered poor sportsmanship and frowned on thou

THIS is the EXAMPLE given in the FAQ

Question--Can we grenade spam (throwing unlimited grenades while located next to an ammo box).
Answer--Yes.

You want to make it a RULE not to use Humvees, then DO SO, but I don't see ANY prohibition to it. The parenthetical phrase is an EXAMPLE, not a DEFINITION.

YOUR interpretation. Too bad for me. Still bullshit.

Yeah, I edited...I'm still pissed. My respect for you had me pull my punch a bit. That respect is draining away fast.

"give you a chance to explain yourself" I was UNABLE to read the chats. as I had an A10 going round and round over my head trying to kill my ass, and I was doing my best to shoot it down (didn't work :-( ) So, I apologize for not responding, but I had NO IDEA that there was any reason to be PAYING attention, as I HAD DONE NOTHING WRONG.

'"but I don’t regret it a bit given your longevity here. So, you either take like a man and wait for the ban to expire or act like a child and post more insults and attacks. Your choice." Well, I"m choosing to call you out for the control-freak that you are showing yourself to be. Christ, shades of AIDs.. Your first sentence here says it all. You SHOULD regret having to kick a veteran player, and there SHOULD be some additional thought given, as I DO KNOW AND PLAY BY THE RULES. You were INVOLVED in the incident, and as you said, you didn't give it a second thought. So, how did it come to a 3-day ban? If you'd kicked me for a minute, it would have gotten my attention, and we could have settled this very easily. But instead, you decided to drop a load of shit on me, of which I am totally underserving. So, sorry, I won't let this go. YOU were wrong in doing what you did. Time for YOU to consider your actions did NOT meet the circumstances.

Change the RULES if you want, but ABIDE by them. I will CONTINUE to USE the rules...that is why they are there. What no one needs or wants are ARBITRARY decisions... I will also continue to both make mistakes, and sometimes stretch rules, like not driving to the airfield. I risk that at times when there's a sniper near the field and taking a vehicle there is the ONLY way to get there without getting killed. Once, I started driving out, changed my mind on the way past the just-spawned helo. Got kicked for a minute. Other admins give gentle reminders..FIRST. YOU STARTED with the A-BOMB here. Why? YOU are the last person to ban me, that was two years ago. Think about that...I haven't changed a thing about my team play, except I team swap less. Why did YOU get such a case of the ass?

One of my favorite quotes is "Rules are made for the guidance of the wise and obedience of fools". In those cases where I've stretched them, I will continue to take my lumps in silence. Or, perhaps a small mumble. This time, I've got a case, and I'd ride it all the way to SCOTUS... it's just too bad I have no recourse for appeal.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

If you think there should be a hard rule for every possible infraction/context then you are playing in the wrong server. While the rules are useful for the most “common” circumstances, admins are encouraged to use some sense and discretion depending on the context of a given incident. Last night, players in the opposite team were complaining about you nade-spamming to the point some just stopped defending. As an admin, it is my responsibility to step in and take action. Generally, I warn players 1st BUT knowing you as a regular and past offender, I am not cutting you any slack.

Just look at how many different “unban requests” you have posted to date. I had banned you before for team-stacking but you continue violating that rule – have seen it myself. You were even kicked yesterday by other admin for team-stacking. Why am I bringing this up? Because in my book, repetitive offenders like you don’t need warnings. So please stop with your Lindsay-Lohan drama and man up.

BTW, I know you won’t let it go but please leave other former admins out of this.
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

I have not brought other admins into this. They have responded on their own. If you've been getting any responses on my part, they weren't because of any action I've taken, beyond getting on TS last night and asking Pinhead WTF happened.

"Generally, I warn players 1st BUT knowing you as a regular and past offender, I am not cutting you any slack." Past offender my ass. With every post you make here, you make it clear you are holding me to a DIFFERENT standard. That is discrimination, plain and simple. I've played on this server more than ANYONE. Doesn't make me above the law, but I damn well deserve more respect than a noob, and you're PUNISHING me for it.

Yes, I've been banned before. I've NEVER bitched about it, because at the end of the day, I was wrong to some degree. So, I manned up. Other than once for accidentally killing at an uncap, they've ALL been for team switching. Yep, I team switch. Never denied it. So, WTF does that have to do with this? That's another AMBIGUOUS rule. I've made my peace with the other admins about it. I switched the other day for ONE reason, because blue was down two players.

No, I don't think there needs to be a 1000 rules. But, I do think the rules there ARE should be HONORED by the admins. You insist players follow them. I expect no less of admins, regardless of how much whining happens. It was your DUTY to tell those whiners that grenade spamming is allowed, NOT take it out on me. You chose poorly.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

AIDS......... :lol:

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

IANYF,

Look, this has gone way beyond the original issue.

My goal is no longer to get the ban lifted. You did what you did and you had your reasons. My goal at this point is to work together to find a resolution to the remaining issue, the overall welfare of the server, it's users and gameplay. To put this aside in a manner in which we can both "win".

The remaining issue is what went wrong here. This goes beyond the grenade spamming thing. While I remain steadfast that I broke no rules regarding THAT, in considering all the other factors you mentioned, reported disruptive gameplay (though legal methods were used ;-), and most egregious, (IMHO) not responding to admin communication in game, I will accept a guilty-as-charged verdict.

In the spirit of compromise, I have a request, and this is for all admins. As a regular player, I would ask that should your in-game communication attempts not be responded to, that before you drop a ton of shit on a player and ban them for an extended period, extend them the courtesy of a one-minute kick. That will get their attention FOR SURE, and then both sides can figure out both the problem and the solution. That is something that can and should be applied for all players. I think that is the REAL reason you banned me, because you felt I was ignoring you. I was NOT, but what I'm asking for would have eliminated all doubt. It would have been much easier on us both.

My apologies for the control-freak comment. I have been counseled that you are not one to hold a grudge. I think you will find that I don't either. I'm over it, I hope you are as well.

Please consider my request. All of you. I think it is good sportsmanship for all concerned.

Respectfully,

Path - Cary
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Fair enough and no hard feelings here. As a regular and veteran in this server, I expected you to set good example and practice good sportsmanship. Let it this be a good lesson for all of us.
SCHLABBE176
Germany

Post by SCHLABBE176 »

Pathfinder is the greatest!he should be the last person who gets a ban.

have a nice day
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

The above ladies and gentleman is a result of putting the <CP> tag on your name. It causes you to say things when you shouldn't.

SCHLABBE ... this issue was solved already. No need to make matters worse.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.