Language Kick

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Peter

Language Kick

Post by Peter »

1. In-game alias: Peter
2. DC/BF4: DC
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban: n/a
5. Who banned you: IDK
6. What were you banned for: not yet
7. Comments: Hello, not sure if this is where I post this, but I figured it is the closest forum to my question. I think I am getting auto-kicked for "inappropriate Language" and not sure why? thank you.
*If you don't know who banned you or what you were banned for then type IDK for that question.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Language Kick

Post by Nightstalker »

Peter wrote: 7. Comments: Hello, not sure if this is where I post this, but I figured it is the closest forum to my question. I think I am getting auto-kicked for "inappropriate Language" and not sure why? thank you.

LOL, I am scared to even entertain this but what the hell. What words were you using prior to being kicked?
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

It was on Twin Rivers about a week ago. You killed me (Player) while I was leaving red's main in T-72 BEFORE hitting the bridge. You were kicked for camping. Mind you some admins call it camping for mining the other end of the bridge and I'm actually kind of loose on that. Normally I'd give you a 3-day ban for doing that as a frequent visitor. You came back complaining using foul language before I could explain the reason of the kick. You got another boot. Came back again and dropped the F bomb then left immediately. What are you expecting after that smart move?
Peter

Post by Peter »

S.O.S wrote:It was on Twin Rivers about a week ago. You killed me (Player) while I was leaving red's main in T-72 BEFORE hitting the bridge. You were kicked for camping. Mind you some admins call it camping for mining the other end of the bridge and I'm actually kind of loose on that. Normally I'd give you a 3-day ban for doing that as a frequent visitor. You came back complaining using foul language before I could explain the reason of the kick. You got another boot. Came back again and dropped the F bomb then left immediately. What are you expecting after that smart move?
Oh is that what this is all about. I remember now. In fact as I recall, the first kick was for "camping". Yet clearly, as I mentioned at the time I re-entered the game - but got no response from you, I killed you with the stolen SU while you were "outside" the fence line of red teams main. Please let me quote from the server rules: "Question--Can we fire at the front of the enemy main. Answer--Yes, as long as the target is outside the main, although some also consider this poor sportsmanship." Therefore it was a legal kill. I of course was over it at the time and jokingly said something to the effect of "you couldn't wait to kick me for that one since you wanted your SU back...then, said...what ever blows your little girl dress up". At that point, you then kicked me for "inappropriate language". That is when I was obviously upset that I was not only wrongly kicked once, but then twice...yes, of course I lost my temper, but not like me. Never the less I'm sure getting killed with your own equipment and your team not defending itself is frustrating, however, like you guys always say "just play the game". That being said, do you feel you need an apology for what I feel is using your authority a little excessively? if so, then sure, I will be the bigger person and say "sorry".
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

You are assuming too much. I never used my admin power as a tool for revenge in game plays. The first kick was legal because we consider the other side of the bridge is the outside of red main, not the fence, though I won't kick if the kill happened on the bridge as some other admins might do. The second is for the little "joke" you made as I felt it was offensive. Both kicks were justified. I was going to give you a 1-week ban for the F bomb you dropped, but decided to kick you for 1 week each time I see you play. The way you will have a better feel of the punishment . I'll continue to do that until I get a SINCERE apology or when the time is up.
Peter

Post by Peter »

S.O.S wrote:I never used my admin power as a tool for revenge in game plays.
Yet you say:
S.O.S wrote:The way you will have a better feel of the punishment.
...so I am going to say "no comment". Then you go on to say...
S.O.S wrote:The first kick was legal because we consider the other side of the bridge is the outside of red main, not the fence, though I won't kick if the kill happened on the bridge as some other admins might do.
...and I would say "that is splitting hairs", but you already knew that. To me, I am over it, but I'm sure you will post something again to justify your feelings...which is pointless to try and convince you of otherwise. Therefore, I think I will wait the week considering what I have already said. Bottom line is: for the ones that "really" see me play, know I am a supportive and fair team player that does not have a problem with following the rules and can keep a cool-head under pressure...even if my team is losing.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Ok, so now I just got kicked again for "language" and yet said nothing (check the logs), but we all know why and obviously SOS can’t let it go. Even after waiting my timeout for the week, as he stated, he still can’t let it go...and he's an admin, wow. Bro, are you like a country cop that would give a guy a ticket for j-walking out in the middle of a dirt road with no cars in sight for miles, and justify it by saying “I probably saved that guys life”. I still can’t believe this whole thing started when I legally killed you OUTSIDE of a main’s border, in probably the only map in DC that actually has a "visual boarder" (aka a wall), and any one that has ever played this game would, if not should, agree to that point. Yet, you still hold your ground by saying something equivalent to "you can kill me next to that rock, but not that one"; for which I know better to not do in a game for players of that type…nothing personal. And for when I questioned why, and got no response from you right at the time, then of course I lose my temper, as I am sure anyone would, and yet get kicked repeatedly for the temper and not the point...yikes. However, I will admit I was wrong for losing my temper and should have just left the game at the time seeing that frustrations where high for the losing team, and something like this was bound to happen. So, if it’s a "sorry" you need, to stop this child like behavior amongst us, then a sorry for “my” actions you will receive. :38:
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

I already posted why the original kick was justified so I'm not going to repeat it. You decided to accept the punishment instead of apologizing for your foul language and I'm simply following through. No emotions involved, just rules. You have 4 more kick days left.
Peter

Post by Peter »

No problem; as I too was "originally" following the rules. Therefore, if you are not willing to accept my "sorry" as I believe there would be no other way for me to say it that would satisfy you, considering what you already know, then the four days it is. However, I hope in the future you justify your actions for the privileges you were given and when a kill is "questionable", in what should be every ones mind, then a warning might have been more appropriate first...IMO.

P.S. moving forward, please keep one thing in mind, that is: this community is getting smaller everyday and when you kick players for what "you" feel is right, knowing others with the knowledge of what really happened will see it differently, and those players are unjustified, then one day very soon there will be no more players for you to kick.
Peter

Post by Peter »

So I just got my fourth kick in the fourth day...am I off of restriction now for being such a potty mouth :33:
Peter

Post by Peter »

Ok, SOS, I give up, so what "language" rule are you making up now to kick me for? :?
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

You need to learn how to show respect to admins. Sarcasm doesn't work in your favor, being it what you say or the new IDs you came up with. That potty mouth of yours is going to cost you more play time if it's not cleaned up.
Peter

Post by Peter »

If you are referring to the “teamstacking” incident in Gazala, which I believe started us off again on the wrong foot, then it's true that I did instantly switch back to the original team I started on once I was autoswtiched when the game was almost over, therefore, I did not consider it “teamstacking”; and in this case you did give me a warning and explained your reasoning…and for that I thank you. That being said, correct me if I’m wrong (and something tells me you will), but I believe the term “teamstacking” was originally meant for those players that switched to another team because they had their favorite equipment on one side, or that they were losing, but now I see it is something different in your eyes and as you know I was already on the winning team and in first place at the time; so that confused me. It’s also like I remember back in the day (maybe before your time) when the term “camping” was deemed for those players that were “camped” or “killed” right next to one of the two or three known spawn points and killing the opposing team as soon as the spawned-in and were defenseless. Now that term has been distorted throughout the years and subject to opinion just like when you basically said “you can kill me on one side of a bridge, but you can’t on the other, even though it’s outside of a main, but right next to it - so one and so forth. However, I have learned here that it is not what I consider to be right, or what the majority of the DC community (or what’s left of it) would probably consider to be the same for that matter, it is what you see as right and it is your server. That also being said, I sincerely meant no disrespect, in fact, I thought I was making light of the situation by saying ONLY “if you wanted me on your team, all you had to do was ask” and yet never cursed at you (aka potty mouth) and again was joking to hopefully get you to lighten up and relax because your delivery was kind of harsh. Again, however, I see now that apparently “any” word(s) can be considered “inappropriate” to you, and obviously my “jokes” are not funny to you either; as they may be to others. Never the less seeing as whatever I say for some reason will obviously be taken the wrong way by you, I will hereby never say or type anything to you again; unless you ask me a direct question and I will respond to you with a yes or no answer...fair enough?

I would like to say one last thing, and that is: I am not sure if you are targeting me based upon your perception of just my attitude (since you never bothered to ask me “why are you disrespecting me” or something to that fact), or is this something deeper like kicking me is an easier way to keep me out of the game; because when I’m playing it usually makes it hard for anyone to get first place. If that is the case, you should take it on as a challenge as I do when I play against exceptional players like yourself. If not, then you, and the rest of us, will one day reduce ourselves to playing bots knowing we are all playing a game with real people basing decisions on perceptions in turn making a game unwinnable…what’s the fun in that for anybody. IMO, it doesn’t take any skill to kick someone based upon “opinions” and the satisfaction of beating them at your own game should be way more satisfying then hanging around all day and monitoring IP addresses in the off-chance someone will join in and hope they say the wrong thing if provoked.

Moving forward, I have no problem playing by “your” rules and again will avoid engaging into any communication with you other than yes or no, so…are we good?
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

On a lighter note. My birthday is next month. :roll:

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Teamstack: at EA 117, when you switch team that resulted in imbalanced game play, it's considered teamstack, a kickable violation. If you are autoed, stay put. You got a warning since that was the first time I saw you did it, next time will be a boot.

Rules: I don't have my "own" rules. They are agreed by server admins as well as common senses. I may enforce them more strictly than others, but nothing made out of my mind.

Targeted kick/ban: I do track violators to see them correct their mistakes and they will get harsher punishment for repeated offenses. You are not a bad player, but you have yet to make my "Ace Player" watch list. Don't think yourself too high as if I have to kick you to get a medal.

Your kick days: given your unapologetic and I'm-smarter-than-you-guys attitude, I don't think you were joking when you responded to my warning. So you will get at least another week of bench time.

If you still want to play here: I'm known as the "quiet one" among the admin team. It will be beneficial to both of us if you could focus on killing instead of talking in the future as you suggested.
Peter

Post by Peter »

S.O.S wrote:Teamstack: at EA 117, when you switch team that resulted in imbalanced game play, it's considered teamstack, a kickable violation.
The teams were ALREADY unbalanced, hence the reason I was AutoSwtiched DA. You obviously are not hearing a word I am saying and therefore justifying my point of you making up your own “interpretations” of the rules and are on a power trip acting as judge, jury, and executioner.

Bottom line is you are straight up out of control. Your juvenile punishments do not fit the situation…and you know it. Again, this only justifies my conclusions of the “real” reasons for your actions in not wanting to play against anyone that gives you a real challenge. Personally, I feel sorry for you and understand why the original admins are letting you get away with what you’re doing; they obviously can’t find any person with a RL as pathetic to yours to take the job.

Considering all that has been said and done, I strongly feel you will only find more reasons in the future if I continue to play on your server to justify your childish actions, therefore, making it unfair for anybody to be here including myself. Knowing that you will not stop and will do the same to the next guy, as I said before, there will be no one left for you to kick one day very soon if you continue down the path you’re on. I would say thank you for ruining one of my favorite games, but actually I will say thank you instead for putting me out of my misery and forcing me to occupy my time with something else more productive in RL. Again, I’m sure you don’t know what I’m talking about.

To be honest, this was getting a little boring owning players like you over-and-over again as the thrill is now gone…so I ban myself, you win!
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Good. Now we have a solution.

Topic locked.