Unban request

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
co,brah

Unban request

Post by co,brah »

1. In-game alias:cobrajenningsesquire
2. DC/BF4:dc
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank): idk
4. Date of the ban:idk
5. Who banned you:iamnotyourfather
6. What were you banned for:for commenting on how much the iraqi team looks like mexicans....
7. Comments: i am part mexican myself so its not like i was being racist or anything
*If you don't know who banned you or what you were banned for then type IDK for that question.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Unban request

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

You were banned back on May 30th 2014 for shouting racist comments and disrupting game. You claimed to be Mexican (not just part mexican as you claim on your unban request) and when asked to prove it, you couldn't type lick of Spanish - not even taco bell. I am still questioning your claim but will give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Your ban will be lifted in the next few mins.
co,brah

Post by co,brah »

hey brah, its kind of confusing, even for me, i guess to set the record straight, i am "new" mexican... its sort of like mexican but newer and not as illegal...... anyway, im pretty sure i told u something about cats and pants when u asked me to say something in spanish ...furthermore, i appreciate you giving me the "benefit of the doubt", and i too will extend that very same benefit of doubt towards you :)
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

I miss Cobra, to be honest. He was a fun player on the server. I'm glad he will be returning! Just be careful what you say, lol.
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

I miss Cobra, to be honest. He was a fun player on the server. I'm glad he will be returning! Just be careful what you say, lol.
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Also realize that regardless of whatever your own position is on what's considered inappropriate, we're trying to keep the server friendly for everyone. The fact that "you're 67.3% Mexican and that you personally don't have any problem insulting your 67.3% self" doesn't change anything about squelching race-related insults or stereotypes being used in the in-game chat.

Have all the progressive race-related discussion you want on your Facebook page and elsewhere, but if your heart's set on trying to argue that point in the in-game chat, it's not going to fly. If in doubt or unsure how to interact with an international audience, just talk about the game we're all playing together.

We've already had to re-ban Cobra Jennings Esquire once (10 minutes) because he was saying again /exactly/ the same thing he was just un-banned for. It's like the one thing he can be positive we'll ban for, because he just typed it in as the reason in his un-ban request 24 hours earlier, yet he just must say it again.

Needless to say the leash is short, and a permanent re-ban imminent, if he continues pushing buttons in chat rather than playing.

-Trench
co,brah

Post by co,brah »

again, im not sure how comparing mexicans to iraqis is offensive or insulting, unless u have a bad view of iraqis, regardless, that is totally game based and i was just wondering if anyone else thinks that the iraqis look like mexicans, or vice versa, (perhaps i will create a thread on the forum asking players their opinion, i would also like to see the admins work on making the iraqis look more iraqi and less mexican)....and on another note it would be nice if when u join the game that u are there to actually play and not be afk, trench.... it really offsets the game and makes it extremely difficult for your team members... as if the auto balance wasnt bad enough, now we have to contend with the fact that one of our own isnt even playing.... its really discouraging and i would have expected more from an admin than to do something like that

regards,
-cobra jennings esquire
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

co,brah wrote:again, im not sure how comparing mexicans to iraqis is offensive or insulting...
Both the in-game Iraqis and the in-game Americans look like doofuses, both by artistic intention and simply the age of the game. So when you compare anything to them, that's the implied statement. But you knew that, and coming in here to say otherwise or trying and flip the bias is just trolling.
co,brah wrote:...and on another note it would be nice if when u join the game that u are there to actually play and not be afk, trench.... i would have expected more from an admin than to do something like that
Any of the admins will be not playing (though not AFK) when they have to shadow or investigate rather than play. Yes, it would be nicer if we didn't have players connected that make this necessary, because admins would like to play too. But yesterday, that was not the case.

-Trench
co,brah

Post by co,brah »

no im sorry but u are not understanding my comparison, im not saying mexicans look pixelated, i am simply saying that the iraqis dont look very much like iraqis to me, they kind of look like my uncle...anyway sorry for the confusion, i know it must be difficult being an admin but i hope u can see my point of view, it was just a harmless joke not anything for anyone to take offense to, i apologize to you personally for making you feel as though u had to sit there in game not playing as if u were some sort of nanny...i hope in time we can be friends and better communicate with one another without hostilities or aggression,

yours truly,
CJ Esquire