Unban request for IrishLincoln

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
IrishLincoln

Unban request for IrishLincoln

Post by IrishLincoln »

1. In-game alias: IrishLincoln
2. DC/BF4: DC
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank): c2f7f0c7f59ae587a8131d80ef919821
4. Date of the ban: either December 28 or 29, 2014 (do not recall)
5. Who banned you: not sure. IDK
6. What were you banned for: IDK
7. Comments: I assume this ban was for language. I often forget and I do apologize. If it was for something else I'd like to know what. I've been playing on this server long enough to know I play by the rules and I quickly call out those who don't and inform them of the rules. I enjoy DC and I'd appreciate some information on this. Thanks.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Unban request for IrishLincoln

Post by S.O.S »

For the past few months, you have been whining about people camping main during CTF maps which is completely within server rules and can be a valid strategy at times to help teammates capturing flags. I asked you to stop many times only to be met with foul languages. I've warned and kicked you a few times for that. On 12/27, you were at it again and I decided it's time to bench you for the repeated bad mouthing on me. While the short ban didn't go through, you dropped the F bomb then run. So your ban is upgraded to a permanent one when you showed up again on 12/28. In the spirit of the new year and your apologetic post, I'm letting you back this time. Hope you have learned you lesson in the past few days and behave as a regular should do.
IrishLincoln

Post by IrishLincoln »

S.O.S.
The language was out of frustration and I do apologize. It was NOT directed at you S.O.S., but the spawn camper. The F-bomb wasn't directed at you either, you took it that way. If I bad mouthed anyone it was the spawn killer. I said that to the player sitting on the steps in main spawn camping, which I personally feel is not warranted and is poor game play. Develop a strategy other than spawn killing. That's my thought.
There's two types of camping. Forward camping when you are in direct fire with other players and engaged in combat. That is a valid strategy. Form a front line and hold it and camp in order for one of your guys to get in there and grab the flag. That is fine.
My problem is spawn camp/killing. That is cheap and poor game play. Not directed at you S.O.S., but people need to focus on the flag instead of building their game egos by relying on spawn kills for numbers. That's how I see it. In short, get the flag and stop the stupid spawn killing. Why it is encouraged on 117 is beyond me.
The complaint I had was on Berlin and the guy was sitting on the steps five feet away from the spawn point in the main and spawn killing by popping people in the back of the head when they spawn. I don't think there is anything valid in sitting on the spawn and popping people in the head right when they come into the game. Alas, that is my opinion. Might as well allow xpacks on the flag. Same thing in my opinion. Kind of cuts out the chance of any chance at all really. Why have an enemy to play against at all?

I saw no warning. That's the honest truth. I don't recall if they are activated, but please activate the yellow admin warnings. I think this will help players and admins a lot. The yellow really stands out and grabs attention.

Serious question/suggestion: Why isn't there a kick message or ban message anymore? Is this a pb issue or just not issuing it in the console. All it said was "kicked from server". I found out I was banned by another player on a different server.
As far as language goes, set the auto-kick for language. It's easy and it saves admin's time. One less thing to worry about. Program the server and let it do some work for you.
I know when I used to admin there was a kick option and and ban option in console and it used to send the player a reason when the kick occurred. Just a suggestion, but this might help players in the future who might not know the rules on 117 or new players who just arrived. A simple kick with message will let them player know what's up if they don't see in-game chat. Players see that and say "Oh, I messed up. Okay, I got kicked for whatever reason." I've noticed there have been kicks with no message. Now that I am in the forum I see there are many many pages of kicks and bans with no explanation and all these people have to ask. This seems to be an issue for this server and I am sure it could be easily remedied. This could save a lot of time for all of the admins and prevent having to take take time to answer kick and ban questions. It's befuddling for players and time consuming for admins (I know, I used to be one for several years). Just a friendly suggestion.

Also, regarding rules. Can you (or any admin) post a detailed rules list on this forum? This will stop any debate whatsoever. It will also prevent, in some cases, future kicks or bans by new players or players who have questions regarding rules. When there's an issues just say "rules are posted in forum". There's no excuse not to come here and look at them, plus you get better forum and server exposure. Seems the server numbers are becoming smaller and smaller by the day. Last thing we need in the BF42 community are fewer players, and anything from both sides of players and admins to prevent that would be worthy.

I'll watch the language and I'll see you all in game. Thanks!

-Irish
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Its funny. The players that get kicked or banned for foul language, camping or all around poor sportsmanship. Seem to bring up the rules, beg for clarity, then let the admins know how to run the site or more players will vanish from EA 117 (or177). The rules are simple, Pretend your playing with your mom. Are you going to tell her to fuck off?
I rarely see a regular complain about our hugely confusing grey area rules or our Nazi quick to ban admins.

Now don't get all attack mode lincoln log. This is for the majority of the new whiners we've picked up in the last year or so. <??>
:o :P

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

IrishLincoln wrote:S.O.S.
The language was out of frustration and I do apologize. It was NOT directed at you S.O.S., but the spawn camper. The F-bomb wasn't directed at you either, you took it that way. If I bad mouthed anyone it was the spawn killer.
12/28/2014 00:24:16 : # [Global] Default: stop crying Irish
12/28/2014 00:24:19 : # [Global] IrishLincoln: stop camping for points because you can't play
12/28/2014 00:24:31 : # [Global] IrishLincoln: same old shit Default. different day
12/28/2014 00:24:31 : # [Global] Wile E Bandido: i'm killing you so my guys can get the flag
12/28/2014 00:24:31 : # [Global] Wile E Bandido: dumbass
12/28/2014 00:24:46 : # [Global] Default: !ban3days .3
12/28/2014 00:24:58 : # [Global] IrishLincoln: fuck youy
The rules for the DC server are listed on this site in two different places: The "Server Rules" link at the top of the page, and the "Server Rules" post in the Desert Combat forum, and have always been there. Availability of the rules doesn't "stop any debate", because here you are, despite spawn camping not being listed as a prohibited activity in any of the rules.

The fact that people come here to clarify their ban or appeal their ban is exactly how the process is supposed to work. Even when there is a reason listed, players still question the circumstances or clarify why their action was banned. Whether a reason gets listed during the initial kick/ban is just a matter of how much time an admin wants to take dealing with a situation while they themselves are in the midst of trying to play & support their team. Sometimes there will be a reason included, and sometimes there will not.

-Trench
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Hey Trench, add Waldo to your signature. I get bored sometimes.

With Great Speed
IrishLincoln

Post by IrishLincoln »

Trench wrote:
IrishLincoln wrote:The rules for the DC server are listed on this site in two different places: The "Server Rules" link at the top of the page, and the "Server Rules" post in the Desert Combat forum, and have always been there. Availability of the rules doesn't "stop any debate", because here you are, despite spawn camping not being listed as a prohibited activity in any of the rules.

The fact that people come here to clarify their ban or appeal their ban is exactly how the process is supposed to work. Even when there is a reason listed, players still question the circumstances or clarify why their action was banned. Whether a reason gets listed during the initial kick/ban is just a matter of how much time an admin wants to take dealing with a situation while they themselves are in the midst of trying to play & support their team. Sometimes there will be a reason included, and sometimes there will not.

-Trench
Trench, I see that now that I have looked over the forum more carefully. Thanks.
Like I said, I used to admin for several years. Everyone does it a different way. I just made suggestions that is all.
Yup, here I am. Again, my opinion on spawn camping. It should be listed in the rules, but as all of you have clearly stated, they aren't. So, we will just have to agree to disagree on that.
Yup, I admitted to the language. It was directed at Wile E Bandido (thanks because I forgot his name). It was not directed at S.O.S. or Default. Bandido was the one on the steps being the big champ popping people in the head when they spawn to help lead his team to the big win!
Trench, I appreciate your clarity and MATURITY when answering this post and questions.
Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote: I rarely see a regular complain about our hugely confusing grey area rules or our Nazi quick to ban admins.

Now don't get all attack mode lincoln log. This is for the majority of the new whiners we've picked up in the last year or so. <??>
:o :P
Well, I'm not one to hold my tongue when I see something wrong in any shape or form. But, that's me. I like the idea of due process. Not consoling hair trigger kicks and bans would be cool, but again, that's just me. Warnings and warning kicks are so 2002. Seriously, what was I thinking?
Glad to be called a regular though. I guess that's an honor to be held to esteem.

Attack mode? Are you out voluntarily trying to incite problems Sarge or do you get paid the big bucks for it?

---

Anyhow,

It is what it is. No more foul language and spawn killing is the worst. Ce'st la vie.

Irish
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

I do it pro bono. They can't afford me. :22:

With Great Speed