please unban

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
rolo tommasi

please unban

Post by rolo tommasi »

I was banned for some unknown reason. Thanks for unbanning me. My hash is a8b76cff8acbdb13d28cb32b66759e3c

looking forward to gg's
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: please unban

Post by Trench »

rolo tommasi wrote:I was banned for some unknown reason. Thanks for unbanning me. My hash is a8b76cff8acbdb13d28cb32b66759e3c looking forward to gg's
So the fact that we have to warn you about killing your teammates nearly every time we've seen you on, and kicked you for team killing and/or team stacking multiple times before finally issuing a three-day ban on February 22 for team killing. Only to have you come back as "atony" and a different CD key to circumvent the ban, and therefore re-banned you for a full week. Only to have you come back and continue team killing, so you've been re-banned permanently on all your names and CD keys.

...none of that rings a bell, or seems a likely reason for why you are banned at this point?

Several of your teammates are not having "gg's" when you are on, and are looking forward to you remaining banned given your past behavior when playing here. You have continued to do everything that you're asked to stop doing, kicked, and even banned for doing. Why would yet another chance make any difference at all, given what you've done with the previous chances?

The rules on this server, the rules stated on the screen when you join the server, the rules that scroll every few minutes while you're playing on this server, and the requests for you to follow the rules made by other players and admins -- none of this seems to be to your liking. That's fine if it's the way you feel you need to play or have the most fun; it's just not how we play on this server. Maybe playing at a different server is the better solution.

-Trench
rolo tommasi

Post by rolo tommasi »

Thanks for your reply Trench

Your explanation makes perfect sense to me now. I have a 7 year old noob son that logs in and plays occasionally under my name and I had to explain to him the rules about tk's and team switching and the consequences of those actions. The other name atony was a friend I invited over to try bf1924 dc. He created a new profile because I am left handed and he remapped all the keys. He is a legend in bf2 and 3 (goes by the name of eighty63) but never played the game that started it all and I want him to give it a try. I have played this game since it came out. I don't mean to cause any problems and truly looking for gg's. I also play at moongamers and Ax servers without problems but want to play more dc. Thanks for your time.

Rolo
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

So "atony" is someone else, even though simply "creating a new profile" on your machine so he could play would have in no way changed the CD key or circumvented the ban, yet that's what happened. And even though his appearance started on February 23, the day after your original ban.

And the person not following the rules is someone else, even though you have "no trouble on other servers", and the same someone else has access to your machine for those severs, too.

Given the frequency of the issues, it would appear that "someone else" is typically who ends up playing on EA117 from your machine. Since your assertion is the troublemaker is not you, yet there seems to be trouble more often than not when we've seen your account(s).

For the sake of the other players on the server, the bans are going to stay in place. That information can be passed along if necessary as one of the consequences that will occur.

In a couple months, if there is still interest, re-raise the unban request and we will consider whether there have been further attempts to circumvent the ban and/or whether we're ready to spend time monitoring yet another chance. As of now, enough time has already been spent dealing with it, and we'll take a couple months of reprieve from this particular issue by leaving the bans in place.

-Trench
rolo tommasi

Post by rolo tommasi »

After several tries at getting my orgin version to work with dc, I installed my cd version on my new pc thinking it wouldn't matter since its free. Anyways. Thanks. I will try again in a few months.