Toenail camping on the docks

Show off your game screenshots
Rally Monkey

Toenail camping on the docks

Post by Rally Monkey »

Screeny of Toenail camping the docks tonight (9/27/09) around 6 pm or so - ruined round for all concerned

Rally Monkey

Re: Toenail camping on the docks

Post by Rally Monkey »

On this map the admins kick for Urals and pickups firing into the blue base, it is base-raping. If he was using a sniper rifle - then of course.
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Post by Southern Cross »

Thanks for the report.
I'll keep my eyes on him.

If he shot their base with Technical, he kills not only snipers but other soldiers who isn't sniper.IMO.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

No. Firing at infantry from a mounted 50 cal is ridiculous. It's hard enough to get across the water at the beginning with all the heavy rounds coming at you.

That's why I hate nuances. The exception to the rule was to allow for taking out rocket trucks, SCUDs, and SA3s. Thinking that gives you free reign to decimate a bunch of guys on foot is garbage.

How about this - feel free to kill snipers, but if I catch someone killing non-snipers or someone that is not AT THAT VERY SECOND firing out of the main, I'll hand out a one week ban. Fair enough? That way if someone is breaking the rules by killing someone that isn't firing out, they're held accountable.

I suggest that red would be better off setting up a good defense at flags and against boats, in positions not readily reachable by sniper fire.
oldboi
Australia

Post by oldboi »

Well done m8, in the interest of fairness ;)
one pump
Canada

Post by one pump »

Agreed swanny your right on the money with what you say its dam hard getting across that water some days.0.0
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

Docks is a perfect example on why an artificial rule is hard to enforce from both sides.

You spawn on the boat and get sniped. So what are you supposed to do? Spray their base and pin them down is what I say but rules say other wise.

Docks should be modded by making the far land flag blue from the start but cappable and/or getting rid of mounted machine guns on vehicles. So PKMs would be the only threat to blue making it across the water.

There was a reason docks was rarely played in a clan match. It turned into how not to die on blue so you would win on points...very lame match map.

I would think that once you get fired upon you can return fire but guess not.

It's kinda like Medina Ridge when the MLRS is pounding one of the flags. You take a tank to kill the MLRS and blue engages you and bitches about you attacking an uncap? WTF? So how do you solve that situation? Same on Eastings but not quite as bad.
fireWIRE