EA117 BF4 video

Show us your cool in-game video
Demonic
Australia

EA117 BF4 video

Post by Demonic »

http://www.viddler.com/v/f3109f8

Its only my first, so its a bit rough around the edges.....hope yas enjoy ;)

BROTHERS IN ARMS
fromage

Re: EA117 BF4 video

Post by fromage »

Hax0r! ;)
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Kinda weird that the vehicles just disappear when blown up. Atleast in BF 3 the vehicle is s burning, smoking hulk of debris for a while before it disappears. In BF4 when a plane is hit does it come crashing to the ground with its debris field?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:Kinda weird that the vehicles just disappear when blown up. Atleast in BF 3 the vehicle is s burning, smoking hulk of debris for a while before it disappears. In BF4 when a plane is hit does it come crashing to the ground with its debris field?
BF3 and BF4 use the same base engine called "Frostbite." Just different iterations of it. When a vehicle is destroyed, air, ground whatever, flaming debris is created as well as an audible and visual explosion. If that debris is hit with something (another 120mm shell in your case :) ) it disappears like you stated. This is so people don't hide behind flaming debris I believe. As for your question about air, yes, debris comes crashing to the ground. You would think the debris would 'de-res' eventually but I've seen games where the back half of a transport chopper caused a minor road block that people would get stuck on or drag along with them and could not destroy lol.

@Dem: Thanks for making a server video. I think I would have liked/appreciated it more if it were more personal. More along the lines of the 117 crew and their antics, versus the server as an overview. As for this video, I would have thrown in some different perspectives like first person gun fights, first person tank fights, first person jet fighting, chopper, knifing etc. Instead of just free-cam'ing around. The free cam is nice though, for the levelution and large scale visuals. I also would have showcased more maps. Sorry if you took this reply as critical, just trying to give advice. Thanks again, and I look forward to more from you.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lol patience my friend, patience !!
as i stated, its only my first vid...i have had this game for all of 2 days :D
while im working out teething issues with the game on my system to even play it, the video was nothing more than a test for my own self and to play around with different things.

my puter is not able to play it as smooth as other peoples, so the footage gets choppy.

and as for show casing people from this group?! i have only seen 1 person from here play on the server in these past 2 days (Specsy) unless you all play at different times.

so again....patience !! :D :D :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

I like to hide behind wreckage. I get to live for ten more seconds. Lol

With Great Speed
watapus

Post by watapus »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:Kinda weird that the vehicles just disappear when blown up. Atleast in BF 3 the vehicle is s burning, smoking hulk of debris for a while before it disappears. In BF4 when a plane is hit does it come crashing to the ground with its debris field?

I have a feeling it has something to do with his what is no doubt low settings, I have debris all over my screen from corpses. They only go away if you drive through them or shoot them a few likes, much like bf3 was. Shit there is even pieces of of helicopters and jets if they have died close enough. I bet if this video was made on a stronger PC it would of looked 100% different.

Still, I enjoyed it none the less. Always fun to see what creativity can do, rather then just another boring montage of clips where they get a "killing blow" and then switch screens really fast.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

I was talking about Dems vid. On BF3 I'm all good. My settings are all set on highest quality.

With Great Speed
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

im running win 7 32 bit, so thats one issue i have......hopefully i can upgrade that and then get another 4 gig of ram (coz right now, my hard drive gets hit during a game, which causes annoying stutters)

and because i have 32 bit, bf4 wont let me adjust any settings, so as wata said, its all set to low...still, its fine with me, coz im used to playing games on low settings anyways (as long as i can play da game a bit)

as for my next vid, im trying to get footage of yas all, ingame, but there will be other footage as well, like random scenes of carnage etc......
BROTHERS IN ARMS
watapus

Post by watapus »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:I was talking about Dems vid. On BF3 I'm all good. My settings are all set on highest quality.

I was talking about the settings in the video.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Doh!

With Great Speed