Post by Demonic »

sorry again it isnt a youtube vid...

https://vid.me/Z4s8
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Re: EA117 PRT 2

Post by Demonic »

if the admins give the all clear to do so, would anyone want me to make a new vid for the server?!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Have the admins ever stopped you from making a video? If they did, was it because it turned out to be a video of your junk? Come on, you can tell us. It was a video of your junk, wasn't it... 😜

If you're just asking about recording your gameplay while connected to the server, I don't think there is ever any issue with that. If it's something else you're actually thinking of, maybe let us know what's planned.

The main "it's polite to say that you're recording, and to cease recording if anyone has an issue with it" recommendation is if the audio is going to include Teamspeak audio. In general I would recommend to only record the game audio and never Teamspeak, unless you really do have full consent of everyone on there. Having your conversation recorded isn't everyone's idea of a good time.

-Trench
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lol Trench...Rye used to enjoy close up shots of my junk btw :D...the last time i tried to make a vid for this server, an admin (in the yellow text) told me to stop because i was taking up a spot on the server (even though the server was not even half full of people)...prior to this, no one else had an issue with it, so i dont know what the deal was and i had made a few videos with the blessing of other admins...i cant seem to find the post on this forum where i stated this..

but the plan is straight forward :

i record footage of different people playing the game in 3rd person view

i will try and record people playing from my own view ( hopefully before someone kills me lol )
i could even change my ingame name so you will all know i would be recording during game play IE: Demonic Lucas (just an example)

i wont record anyone on TS ( i dont really go on TS to begin with)

the other vids i made took a little time to make, because i was simply trying to capture the best looking footage possible...
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Got it. Thanks for the heads-up, and yeah, if you're going to be recording someone else's view for an extended period of time instead of from your own view, just try and keep an eye on what's happening in the game so that you don't frustrate teammates too much by being AFK. Maybe make sure your team is up by a few points first, when possible. 😄