Top 5 albums no one else you know owns

What's your top 5?
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Top 5 albums no one else you know owns

Post by Swanny-CG »

I'm not talking about some weird sampler CD you got from your local jazz station. I mean stuff you think is good that no one else you know listens to.

In no particular order:
  • Bela Fleck - Tales From the Acoustic Planet: Bluegrass/Folk/Jazz - this album has some exemplary playing, crazy structure to some songs and lots of guest stars (Samples on Amazon)
  • George Benson - The Other Side of Abbey Road: Jazz - George Benson (Just Gimme the Night) does his electric jazz versions of Abbey Road (Sample - wait until about 2:45 for the album feel)
  • Soweto - The Indestructible Beat of Soweto: African Pop - great songs with good rhythm, English translations in the jacket, guest appearances by Ladysmith Black Mambazo (Sample)
  • Colin Hay - Man At Work: Rock/Indie - frontman from Men At Work on a solo album - a couple awesome remakes and some stuff that stands on its own (Sample)
  • Scientist - Rids the World of the Curse of the Evil Vampire: Dub Reggae - If you played GTA3 it was the source for a bunch of stuff on the radio station K-JAH (Sample1) (Sample2)
Notable mentions are:
Brad - Shame
Alt+J - An Awesome Wave

I'm sure I'll come up with some more.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Top 5 albums no one else you know owns

Post by Swanny-CG »

Seriously? No one? I didn't mean to go all elitist here but I figured someone would have something.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I am sure with todays way of buying music not too many people have albums any more it is just the singles they like to hear. Unfortunately most of my CD's/tapes were stolen out of my car a while ago which put the brakes on me buying music. And to be honest most of my "Top 5 albums no one else you know owns" would be more of an embarrassment than anything LOL. But in good fashion and maybe to bring a laugh so I will bite.

2 were bought back when I was all into car stereos and had 2 12's in the trunk or 2 10's behind the seat of my pickup and needed something to test out the bass.

1. Tupac .. I think it was Thug Life ???? do not remember
2. Kieth Sweat - Make it Last Forever (this music helped out a few times)
3. Three 6 Mafia - For some reason I felt the need to support the local TN rap group
sigh .... here is where it gets REALLY bad .......
4. Christina Aguilera -Sry but the girl has some pipes. And I was dating a girl that loved her music and like Meatloaf said, "I would do anything for love" ... I just did not listen to the next line LMAO (.."But I wont do that" .. for those of you who do not know)
And last but not least ...
5. Kenny G .................

then there are the collection of Christmas albums and such and I am betting no one would expect me to have any Chuck Berry but I do.... So there ya go. Let the beatings commence.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Sing-a-long with Mitch Miller
Mary Poppins
Englebert Humperdick ( my moms fav) lol
Chet Atkins Blue Christmas
Beach Boys Endless Summer

Happy now?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!