5 things you would make sure to have for survival

What's your top 5?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

5 things you would make sure to have for survival

Post by Nightstalker »

1. Multi-tool (Leatherman, Gerber or Swiss Army)
2. Something to boil water in. (Old soup can, pot you get the idea)
3. Shotgun (can take down anything in North America with the assortment of ammunition. Slugs, buckshot and birdshot)
4. Rope (probably 550 cord, rapelling rope or even some regular nylon rope would work. Obviously there are many uses for this stuff but limited to its strength )
5. First aid kit.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
C'mon Son
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: 5 things you would make sure to have for survival

Post by C'mon Son »

Done and done....
"Now you're messin' with A son of a bi*ch" Nazareth-Hair of the Dog
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by toolman »

kind of broad subject really...you need to specify TYPE of survival.

For me it's kind of like this...EVERYONE is going to need food, drinkable water and shelter and the other 2 choices are negotiable if the "shit" hits the fan globally...I figure if that happens for me personally living in the US 2 things will happen....half the stupid people in this country will be gone in 90 days. if you get 10 random "typical" people together how many can start a fire, build a shelter, and kill then eat a animal???

I bet maybe 2-3 on a good day.

1)I live in a urban area, but could easily survive given the natural resources and travel by water/ice for thousands of miles from where I am typing this. My house is brick with a basement.

2)I have a Jeep with a winch and armor.

3)I own firearms and sharp objects and I know how they work.

4)I know how to make/build/kill things..lots of things...damn near anything given the proper tools and material. It's my profession and my nature. I will never claim to know everything, and If I DON'T know... you won't hear BS from me...but I know enough to back up what I say to be true....93% of the time.

5)Friends and family. Fact is that you do not want to be alone, but you also want to be surrounded with people you can trust and count on regardless of the situation. I "know" alot of people...but there are only a few that I consider a friend. I have not met all of them personally but it's easy and natural for me to "size a person up" pretty quickly, broken homes do that.

So there is my "basic list" of where I'm at in the broad sense...I figure I will adapt if I'm alive.

If you want to be more specific I could create a zombie attack list, or red dawn type list, or earthquake, or Yellowstone mega-volcano list....but some scenarios I could never "prep" for and some would just read "vaporized" no matter how much water and ammo I have on hand.

:D
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

toolman wrote:kind of broad subject really...you need to specify TYPE of survival.

For me it's kind of like this...EVERYONE is going to need food, drinkable water and shelter and the other 2 choices are negotiable if the "shit" hits the fan globally...I figure if that happens for me personally living in the US 2 things will happen....half the stupid people in this country will be gone in 90 days. if you get 10 random "typical" people together how many can start a fire, build a shelter, and kill then eat a animal???

I bet maybe 2-3 on a good day.

1)I live in a urban area, but could easily survive given the natural resources and travel by water/ice for thousands of miles from where I am typing this. My house is brick with a basement.

2)I have a Jeep with a winch and armor.

3)I own firearms and sharp objects and I know how they work.

4)I know how to make/build/kill things..lots of things...damn near anything given the proper tools and material. It's my profession and my nature. I will never claim to know everything, and If I DON'T know... you won't hear BS from me...but I know enough to back up what I say to be true....93% of the time.

5)Friends and family. Fact is that you do not want to be alone, but you also want to be surrounded with people you can trust and count on regardless of the situation. I "know" alot of people...but there are only a few that I consider a friend. I have not met all of them personally but it's easy and natural for me to "size a person up" pretty quickly, broken homes do that.

So there is my "basic list" of where I'm at in the broad sense...I figure I will adapt if I'm alive.

If you want to be more specific I could create a zombie attack list, or red dawn type list, or earthquake, or Yellowstone mega-volcano list....but some scenarios I could never "prep" for and some would just read "vaporized" no matter how much water and ammo I have on hand.

:D
DITTO
Except for number 4. I wouild put myself at 95% :twisted:

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

ammo, assorted of course because i have a few weapons.
beer
ammo, oh i said that already
lots of rope
water
food
ammo....crap i did it again
tents. multi tool
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.