Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Top 5 ammo calibers and ....

Post by Nightstalker »

(if you want) what gun to go with it

Mine are if say I had 5 guns I would want

1. 22lr in a rifle (Marlin Mod 60 or Ruger 10/22) (cheap, available, easy to carry alot of it and can take down alot more than people give it credit)

2. 12gauge (love a Benelli Super Black Eagle or Beretta Extrema) (No need to explain why a 12 guage much less a shotgun. Everyone should own a shotgun)

3. 308 Rifle ... Remington 700/Winchester Mod 70 ... tried and true sniper rifles in the US Armed Services. Effective range of 800M .. confirmed kill past 1200 (If the world went tits up the military would need this round as it is used in there current weapons so availability would not be an issue)

4. 40 Cal in a Sig Sauer pistol. ... yes I know why not the 45. Well I will tell you. The 40 has as much energy as the standard 45 round. You can hold more rounds in a same size magazine with a 40 vs 45 sooo .. its a win win.

5. 44mag. I do not know the gun as I love this caliber in both the rifle and the pistol. Nothing like shooting a lever action gun that shoots pistol rounds. So if I had to pick a gun it would be either the Marlin/Winchester lever gun or the Ruger Super Redhawk pistol.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Re: Top 5 ammo calibers and ....

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I'll get back later as I am one my phone and my fingers are prone to typos homo ;)

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I actually should have named this something else. These are not really *Top 5* as that would depend on the criteria. I should name this "If you were allowed only 5 calibers out of all of them, which ones would you chose and why?"

Oh and yes I could tell you were on your phone. Not only did you type "onE" instead of "on" you typed "homo" instead of "Night I just wanted to tell you that I am envious of every aspect of your life and I greatly appreciate you putting up with my benevolent ways and I wanted to say to the entire EA community that I am humbled and give thanks that most of you have shown me how mature adults should act. Thank you so much. Your dear friend, Sarge... First round of umbrella drinks on me"

But dont let yourself lose any sleep. We all know and understand the pain autocorrect can be on these phones.

:39: :P :P :D :D
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
RebelNurse
United States of America

Post by RebelNurse »

Old thread bumping but...

1) .22 LR- Love my Ruger 22/45, rifle-like accuracy and Ruger dependability with Ruger price (AKA NOT over priced like a S&W)

2) .38SPL/.357Mag- Ruger GP100, solidely built, dead accurate, dependable, and pretty wheel-gun. Mine stays on my hip loaded with .38SPL shot shells when I'm doing yard work (snake gun), switch to .357 mag when hunting.

3).45 ACP in 1911 (Sig P220 is an acceptable substitute ONLY until a 1911 can be obtained). John Moses Browning's 1911...enough said. Compact, Commander, or Gov't model...railed or traditional...Colt, Ruger, or Wilson...It's America's gun.

4) 12 Gauge- Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 here...I could have went either way, but bought the Mossy cause Academy just happened to have it right then and there with all the goodies I wanted, for the right price. The tang mounted safety annoys me since mine has a pistol grip, and I don't particularly care for the breacher barrel (tactical model)

5) .243 Remington -My early 80's Remington Gamemaster 760 still gets meat every year and doesn't destroy meat (at both ends) on our East Texas midget deer like a .30-06 does. Plus, it's a free floated pump gun, Bolt-gun accuracy with faster follow-up shots and no need to lose sight picture.

Honorable mention- Ruger M77 .30-06 (I'm a bit of a Ruger fan); AR-15 in 5.56mm (preferably a Stag); and for LOOONNGG range, a .338 RUM on a Remington 700 platform.
I was almost attacked by an armadillo once