Top 5 books I'm reading this spring.*

What's your top 5?
Itax
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Top 5 books I'm reading this spring.*

Post by Itax »

*since spring already started I feel it is vitally important that you know I have finished the first 2 books on the list. I hope that calms your collective racing hearts.

1.) Damned by Chuck Palahniuk - a book about one girls journey through hell
2.) Plague of the Dead by Z.A. Recht - zombies
3.) To Solve Everything, Click Here by Evgeny Morozov - how the internet won't solve all our problems
4.) Badass Ultimate Deathmatch by Ben Johnson - a book about history's greatest badasses, here are the sentences that made me buy this book........
"Only one of the Norsemen was ready for combat-an insane, nameless berserker conjured up from some nightmarish backwater asshole of hell who had positioned himself along the small bridge that separated the two armies. The Saxons, seeing that victory was just one frothing-at-the-mouth berserker away, charged forward to dislodge him. This proved to be a mistake."
5.) SAS Survival Handbook for any Climate in any Situation: Revised Edition by John Wiseman - I think the title is pretty self explanatory. I may never actually read this cover to cover but it seems like a useful book to have. This purchase was inspired by the end of the movie HG Wells Time machine (the 60's movie). If you haven't seen it then add it to your netflix que. Today it might be regarded as somewhat steampunk but cooler guys than I will know for sure. Spoiler Alert...read no more if you want to see the film.......ok so at the end of the movie our hero goes back to the future to help these ignorant vaguely retarded seeming people to build a civilization. Very noble and all. He takes a book back with him and it is something like "How to Build a Civil Society". This is all well and good but since future-humans are ignorant and vaguely retarded how much good will this book do. Since our hero is a Victorian Englishman in urban London how much would he know about "roughing it". He may be able to build a Time Machine but can he hunt? fish? Build a fire out of toe nail shavings and fuzzy caterpillars? I think not. Does he know what plants are edible and how to purify water? Who is going to teach these imbecilic retards how to build a zip gun so they can cap some other imbecilic retard in order to bang their imbecilic retard girlfriend? It just seems to me that useful book like the SAS Survival Handbook would be a valuable companion piece to his other book.