BF4 GAME DISCONNECTED ERROR

Axel
Canada

BF4 GAME DISCONNECTED ERROR

Post by Axel »

The launch of BF4 has been a little frustrating for me. Although I experienced no issues playing the beta in the prior weeks to the official release, now I am getting the Game Disconnected: Client Closed Down Connection error during every match. I can managed anywhere from 10-20 minutes of gameplay when all of the sudden I am out.

Seems that the problem was very common during the beta trials, and for some it continues. Pisses me off that beta was fine for me, and now this :roll:

There are plenty of claimed workarounds/solutions that date back to beta. There are a couple of new threads specifically discussing the issue since the official launch: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Error-G ... -p/1724487

Have any of you experienced the problem?
mikeyteh
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: BF4 GAME DISCONNECTED ERROR

Post by mikeyteh »

I have not experienced this problem specifically, but I believe that the general consensus is that the game has so many problems, that everyone is experiencing game and/or server crashes for any one of a plethora of different bugs and errors. This may possibly be the worst game launch for an A+ title I have ever seen.
mikeyteh
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by mikeyteh »

TDogFresh
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by TDogFresh »

mikeyteh wrote:This may possibly be the worst game launch for an A+ title I have ever seen.
Lol I guess you wern't there for Diablo 3
stay pleb :P :P
TDF Is2I TGBU PTPM MLP YOLO ~~ T DOG FRESH
Axel
Canada

Post by Axel »

Discovered something new about this problem. Last night I added every server I joined into my favs. I played on three servers, including the bigger of the EA117 ones.

I actually managed to play w/o issue on the EA117 server for nearly an hour, until I had to log off to put my sone to bed.

When I returned I could not get back on to EA117 so I found other servers with similar ping times (50-60) and players (48/64). In both of those servers after playing 20-30 minutes I received the game disconnected error. However, because they were on my favs list I could immediately hone in on the number of players left. In both cases the servers were nearly empty (2-3 players) after the disconnect - suggesting to me that the problem is not on my side but rather on the server side. Thoughts?
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

I have been watching our server via our remote admin stuff, and i do think there is some stability issues atm as i do see ours dropping every now and again.