Please Remove Paracel Storm

Jump3rRay

Please Remove Paracel Storm

Post by Jump3rRay »

Can we please remove Parcel Storm from the rotation? If it is not every other map, it is every third map in the rotation and it is getting old. I have stopped playing that map when it comes up.

Ray
Golden3ye

Re: Please Remove Paracel Storm

Post by Golden3ye »

agreed, the vote system is flawed. it alternates paracel storm to siege of shanghai with the odd flood zone.

those 3 maps mostly.

How about enabling expansion maps?
Jump3rRay

Post by Jump3rRay »

I would like to add, that it is difficult to complete assignments on the server, if the xpac maps are not there as well.
watapus

Post by watapus »

Sorry to be a Debby downer guys but here it is;

I know I'm not an admin and I don't make the decisions but,

I understand why this is said, It's something we spoke of in the past and nothing came from it, at this point in the game it would be hard to change the server settings since the players who do play often (not me) have favorites set up, and if you all of a sudden change the server to something other then what people are usto you run the risk of losing regulars. For this reason alone I can see why adding in 2 or 3 expansions which are sooooo different in gameplays, have different game modes in the maps would be difficult. We are what 3 expansions in? If you think of the lifespan a server has, i strongly believe that making this change would probebly help shut it down. It currently only runs vanilla maps which is a good way to target all audiences which includes new players to hopefully keep the server running for a long time. If you add the other expansions some of the players who are in on the vanilla maps will be kicked, not everyone has premium guys. (unless you make the server premium only which then eliminates all new players)

So I ask you guys this, even if this change happened would it bring the community out of this slumber? I honestly have already lost all interest in bf4, and a change like this would not encourage me to return to battlefield 4.
mikeyteh
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by mikeyteh »

The server is essentially dead as of late, with a lot of our regulars moving on to other games. Even with 4 in the server, it takes a prayer to get the server to fill up now. I'm not sure what can be done at this point.

I have speculated in the past that the "EA" in the server name does the server a disservice due to the animosity towards EA amongst the overall community. I understand that the name holds a high reputation in DC, but I don't think it carries over at all to BF3 and now BF4. The average pub in the BF4 era does not realize that we are not associated with EA.

Beyond the name and the lack of 117 members actively playing BF4 now, I am out of ideas. We had other suggestions to take from BF3 that have largely been unsuccessful. However, I still play regularly and will continue to do so as I thoroughly enjoy BF4 and the major issues have been fixed by DICE (for me).
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i noticed the server goes quiet when the new mods are added on to the server.....perhaps its because some people dont have the premium version (i dont and have no intention of spending another 50 bucks on BF4 lol )
but when spec sits idle, and if i jump on, within a bit of time it begins filling up...last nite it was pretty much a full server for a few rounds and i was playing/gathering footage :D :D :D

i do notice that a few maps get played more than others...is it because of map voting ?! perhaps disable it and see how that goes.

honestly, i would like to see more admins get on the server to either kick start it until it fills up, or be on there when idiots jump on.......
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Golden3ye

Post by Golden3ye »

I dont know a single community member who doesn't have premium.

I as well as the vast majority if not all of the regulars did spend the extra 50 bucks. I am not going to waste my 50 bucks playing paracel storm and zavod all day.

I can see how possibly it could "kill" the server if the few people who have favorited it did so because it was vanilla only. But it couldn't be that much more dead than it is now.