Siege of Shanghai Issues

<HHD> Nick Fury

Siege of Shanghai Issues

Post by <HHD> Nick Fury »

Every time Siege of Shanghai comes around my game freezes up and I get a Direct X error. This only happens on that map whether im in for a minute or 10 minutes it happens. Any help?
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Siege of Shanghai Issues

Post by OddJob2021 »

<HHD> Nick Fury wrote:Every time Siege of Shanghai comes around my game freezes up and I get a Direct X error. This only happens on that map whether im in for a minute or 10 minutes it happens. Any help?
You can manually update DirectX to see if that is the problem. Go to wherever your battlefield files are saved on your computer. In my case I made a folder called 'Games' on my SSD. So in my case, under Games there is a folder for Origin Games (made by Origin, and from now on we'll have the same filepath). In that folder now finally double-click your Battlefield 4 folder. In there should be a folder called '_Installer'. In that one now double click 'directx'. Double click 'redist'. And now you're finally in the right folder. Scroll down a bit and find the executable, 'DXSETUP'. Double click it and follow the prompts, it will update your DirectX :) Hope it helps! Let me know if you need further assistance.