win 7 and bf1942 issues/solution

Need help?
gat

win 7 and bf1942 issues/solution

Post by gat »

this should help some of the issues with running bf on win 7 platform win 7 and bf1942 are not good friends.

you must run the game in XP compatability mode, and with Administrator rights. (admin can be stubborn you may have turn off and on agian to get it to stick)

make firewall exceptions for bf1942 and PnkbstrA and B (C:Windows\SysWOW64).
Run BF1942.exe in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and as an administrator.

go to Start>Control Panel>System and Security, and select "Allow a program through Windows Firewall"

Select "Allow another program", and then select Battlefield 1942 from the list. If it's not there,
you'll have to browse to:

C:Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\Bf1942 and select "Bf1942.exe". Click Add and then Ok.

NEXT !! Find your BF1942 shortcut which you use to start the game.

Right click it and select "Properties". Go to the compatibility tab and tick the box to "Run in compatibility mode",
and select "Window XP Service Pack 2" from the drop down list.
Also tick the box at the bottom for "Run this program as an Administrator". Click Ok.

i hope this helps!
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Re: win 7 and bf1942 issues/solution

Post by RoLnRoCk »

do you use windows 7 32 or 64 bit?

do you still have any issues at all with the game crashing between maps?

i've tried everything you have suggested, but mine still crashes between maps, on average-- every other map, but sometimes every map change. it crashes to desktop as always with the message "bf1942.exe has stopped working..."

new games run perfectly stable at higher detail settings.
any suggestions?
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Rock,
Get a second hard drive and run XP on it and load ur games on it. It works Flawlessly.
I run Bad Company 2 as well on XP with no probs.
RP
gat

Post by gat »

im sure 1 hard drive would be enough, just partition it for both win 7 and win xp.
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

i have no idea how to partition a drive, but i'm sure my brother does. i have 2 internal and 1 external hd's anyways so i'll probably just put it on one of the secondary drives. he knows how to do all that crap and i'll watch and learn. thanks for the help fellas, i'll let you know how it goes
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Ya Rock that would be cool let us know.
RP
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

so far he's only had time to install xp on one of the secondary drives. its going to be a serious pain in the ass constantly restarting my computer to switch back and forth between xp and win 7 but it may be worth it, we'll see
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Rock,
Ya it's a pain to do it but you'll get used to it. It's worth not having all the crap associated with Windows 7. I see Apple just surpassed Microsoft as the largest Tech Company a few days ago, not that we'll see anything from them at all. Ever since Steve Ballmer took over Microsoft, it's gone down hill. Moreso than with Gates.
RP
gat

Post by gat »

i always thought apple had the best system power to size ratio goes to apple, ms had better business controls.

its iether switch back n forth on hard drives or go to a pc repair shop and buy an older system, i set my kid up with a system for 150$ monitor included. then you have 1 dedicated to gaming and another for work or surf.