NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Rally Monkey

My new hero

Post by Rally Monkey »

hoppin bob
United States of America

Re: My new hero

Post by hoppin bob »

From the title of the post rally, thought you were talking about me :o .He is from california?? Tom McClintock is right on the money. We should only be so lucky to have more politicians like him. Great post rally, I think you and I see thimgs through the same looking glass. They used to call it common sense. Now its called right wing extremeism.
Soylent

Post by Soylent »

Take a look at Mexico's immigration laws. People must enter the country legally. They must show proof that they are healthy, that they are financially stable (utility bill from their country), that they won't be a burden on Mexico financially, that they can support their own health care, and that they have no criminal record. If not, they will be deported. Repeat offenders can land in prison for 5-10 years. Interesting how the president of Mexico didn't mention any of that.
LF55

Post by LF55 »

I say cut off their electricity and their O2!
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

I am just saying...
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:I am just saying...
Right on Papi!
Semper Rugby

Life is better just a half a bubble off dead plumb.
Kamalla
Sri Lanka

Post by Kamalla »

Oh My...

From someone not from your country, living in Arizona with the new law coming in, and never wants to go political with friends - I have one thing to say - "Assimilation". Is McClintock from the Borg Cube?

No harm intended, I respect his/your views.

Dara

PS - just a side line... what about all the D-dodgers that headed North? Did they believe in something better? PLS slam me on my PMs...
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Kamalla wrote:Oh My...

From someone not from your country, living in Arizona with the new law coming in, and never wants to go political with friends - I have one thing to say - "Assimilation". Is McClintock from the Borg Cube?

No harm intended, I respect his/your views.

Dara

PS - just a side line... what about all the D-dodgers that headed North? Did they believe in something better? PLS slam me on my PMs...
Listen to the section where Tom quotes Teddy Roosevelt. That is the reason why we have immigration laws in this country. The US allows more people to become legalized citizens in an average year than any other country on earth. Racist? Borg Cube? LOL No... Absolutely not. Unlike Obama, Napalitano, and Holder, take the time to read the law. Don't read about the law, read the law. I know it sounds totally crazy to have laws (BTW every nation has immigration laws), but we do have them here.

BTW - I am an expert on labor law, I am paid to interpret law and I research law on a daily basis to insure that large corporations are in compliance. I spend hours every day on the Department of Labor and many other websites to conduct this research. I am an active member of SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management), a certified Professional Human Resource manager (PHR), and a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP). :ugeek:

Because the institution I work for, hires people all around the world, I have conducted extensive research on this law. The law is not racist, it may be overturned but not because it is racist. The area of contention is that the Federal Government is supposed to secure our borders and since they have not, AZ has implemented this law. However, all states enforce federal laws so there definitely is a gray area about whether a state can create laws that overlap into an area of federal oversight. The federal immigration law could be considered far more intrusive than this watered-down state version. Just sayin'... :geek:
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

well lemme share my own experience...while stuck in oz during 07-08, the only way i could return back here without a greencard, was what is called 'Humanatarian parole'...this was because i had left the US without finishing off my immigration stuff (family emergancy back in oz caused it to be this way)...but what was frustrating, was that refugees had more rights than i did, even though i was legally married to a US citizen.
all is good now though...i got my greencard, SS card, driver license etc but it opened my eyes up big time out immigration laws, both here and back in Australia.

one of these days i will type out in detail all of what the wife and i had to go through just to get me back here..some of it you might find hard to believe....but we both felt that in some cases, illegals were being treated better than those who were actually trying to do the right thing....and thats the annoying part.
to make matters worse, you might recall Bush's offer while he was still in power, to allow illegals to come forward and apply for greendcards/citizenship....well that choked up the whole freakin system right at the time i needed to get back here ASAP.

so my 2 cents here is : ya dam right something needs to be done about all the illegals, coz i can tell you there are thousands of people trying to go about it the right way and the legal way, that are constantly being delayed/denied due to an overloaded system and back log, coz of illegals.

and i am by no means a racist person either....just like to see whats fair.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

To anyone that takes issue with the Arizona law or what Rep. McClintock said, I would pose the following question that Columnist George Will posed to Rev. Al Sharpton on ABC's "This Week," which was:

What form(s) of immigration enforcement do you support?
Spilling_Guts
Saudi Arabia

Post by Spilling_Guts »

Carlitos set the tone.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

For those of us blessed enough to have been born here, this is an interesting chart on the process for the foreign-born to become citizens.

http://dublab.files.wordpress.com/2008/ ... 2ef5ad.jpg
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Comparing the colonization of North America with a modern open borders immigration policy seems sophomoric.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I still dont see why people dont support this .. It is NOT saying that people are not allowed to come here it is saying that they need to go through the proper channels. It may take longer than they had planned but you can still come to America to better yourself. And how many of you that dont support this bill are happy to spend your tax dollars on healthcare for the illegals or even better your tax dollars going to house them in jail. I am terribly hungover right now so my head is cloudy but I will say that Rally that was a good video.

Oh and the term is ILLEGAL immigration. It is a CRIME to come into this country ILLEGALLY. If you dont support this what other crime do you support. You can say well this is different they are trying to better themself. ... .Possibly, many are looking for free shit. But bank robbers are looking to better themselves too so should we let that go to with a blind eye.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Hav3n wrote:Comparing the colonization of North America with a modern open borders immigration policy seems sophomoric.
Comparing? it is just a playful reminder of who really has more of a right to be here than those of us with different geographical descent. My apologies if that offended anyone here...
ianyf
Simon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Simon »

just my 2 cents.....off topic humor

Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Can you make a trailer of just the chicks in that movie ... That would be HAWT!!!!!!!!! ... Maybe Lindsay could have an effect on the other two in the movie :shock: :D :D :D

Sorry I got off topic there .. OK ... Build the fence
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:
Hav3n wrote:Comparing the colonization of North America with a modern open borders immigration policy seems sophomoric.
Comparing? it is just a playful reminder of who really has more of a right to be here than those of us with different geographical descent. My apologies if that offended anyone here...
ianyf

Haha, none taken. The history of colonization and ensuing European immigration is often used in all seriousness by open borders supporters...
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Spilling_Guts wrote:Carlitos set the tone.

The caption should read : Go back to ASIA.
RP
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

In all seriousness and in great respect, the american indian migrated here also. We all need a placed to live. Man has been migrating around the planet for quite some time. That is not the issue. The issue here is , now that the United States of America is formed and has been for quite some time, we have laws about immigration. Those laws are just what they are.....LAWS. Keeping focused and using the critical thought process, i.e. thinking the process all way through with the facts and not letting someone do your thinking for you via popular thought or cartoons. One only needs to look at California and their financial crisis to know that giving things away for free will destroy an economy. We should welcome all who come through the gates of this country legally and to those who need refuge. We did that with many cultures, the Vietnamese come to mind. It should not be a free for all for those who take advantage of a system and sidestep the laws of a country illegally.
Britain and France have their hands full of those who will not assimilate into the their respective cultures. The individuals I speak of want sharia law and a mini nation within those countries. Those who come to America should become AMERICANS.
English as second language in schools and Translations in Spanish are a slap in the face to Asians, East Indians, and all others who immigrate here and learn English to meld into our society. I'd like someone to justly explain why we do this for people from Mexico and not all other Nations ? Before you call me a racist and a bigot, I am married to a Vietnamese woman and she gets pissed every time we go to a bank cash machine or walk into Lowes or Home Depot, HELL, anywhere now. :?
Thanks for the space to rant.......and no offense to anyone. I respect all who post here no matter what their backround.

RP
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

RickPetko wrote:In all seriousness ...
I thought I would never see the day when this would happen ;)

Since I was the one who started the cartoon snow ball effect and before it starts turning into a pre-historic/pre-columbian archeological course review, let me just express my opinion because obviously the cartoon posting has ruffled some feathers.

1st of all I cannot comprehend how people can arrive to the conclusion of pro open borders by simply posting a cartoon about colonization. For the record, I am a naturalized US citizen and proud of it and thankful to this country. Entered the US legally as a student and spent 8 years of undergrad and grad school self financed I might add. It took me approx 12-14 years before I got my citizenship so you can make your own conclusion about my stand on naturalizing or giving residence to those who enter any country illegally. But I like think out of the bubble simply because I am multi-cultural and international/foreign policy aware.

You talk about laws, sure they are laws when they are fair and consistent. Something to ponder... US military will offer quicker path to citizenship to immigrants who are willing to be recruited and fight in Afghanistan per se. Uhmm makes you wonder no? Congressman Tom McClintock slashes Mexican president for expressing his feelings about Arizona's immigration law in congress. Ok , what do you have to say about Iran's 1953 coup d'etat and US intervention? No government is perfect, so we all need to look at ourselves in the mirror too.

I am not sure if I am doing more or less damage for posting this so you be the judge.

ianyf
Spilling_Guts
Saudi Arabia

Post by Spilling_Guts »

RickPetko wrote:In all seriousness and in great respect, the american indian migrated here also. We all need a placed to live. Man has been migrating around the planet for quite some time. That is not the issue. The issue here is , now that the United States of America is formed and has been for quite some time, we have laws about immigration. Those laws are just what they are.....LAWS. Keeping focused and using the critical thought process, i.e. thinking the process all way through with the facts and not letting someone do your thinking for you via popular thought or cartoons. One only needs to look at California and their financial crisis to know that giving things away for free will destroy an economy. We should welcome all who come through the gates of this country legally and to those who need refuge. We did that with many cultures, the Vietnamese come to mind. It should not be a free for all for those who take advantage of a system and sidestep the laws of a country illegally.
Britain and France have their hands full of those who will not assimilate into the their respective cultures. The individuals I speak of want sharia law and a mini nation within those countries. Those who come to America should become AMERICANS.
English as second language in schools and Translations in Spanish are a slap in the face to Asians, East Indians, and all others who immigrate here and learn English to meld into our society. I'd like someone to justly explain why we do this for people from Mexico and not all other Nations ? Before you call me a racist and a bigot, I am married to a Vietnamese woman and she gets pissed every time we go to a bank cash machine or walk into Lowes or Home Depot, HELL, anywhere now. :?
Thanks for the space to rant.......and no offense to anyone. I respect all who post here no matter what their backround.

RP
Rick,
Very wise, neither do I support illegal immigration, the cartoon was just humor time. I also like asian girls :D
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Lethal

Post by Lethal »

Politics and video games dont really mix well i think opinions are like......... well you know and all of them stink.