A Kickable Strategem?

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Itax
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

A Kickable Strategem?

Post by Itax »

Hiya's

I was kicked for camping and I would like to get some guidance here. ....oh, and this is a not a post bitching about the admins. On the contrary, I think the admins here do a great job and I am thankful there is competent admins policing the server and making it better for all the players.

On El Al, the red Spawn helo was hovering over the blue airfield, why I do not know, but it was. It was also about 17 miles up, the height that makes ones free falling dude crap his pants, so I bail out, hit my parachute and began the hour long float down. As I was floating down, still over blue airfield, I dropped my mines, I was an engineer. I dropped them with the hope that I could get a plane or two and then continue floating away. Well it worked. It seems I got Carnivore as he was taking off, perhaps not the best person to run into the mine. So I got kicked for camping(on a side note I was still floating down when I got kicked...it is a strange sensation to be kicked for camping when you are parachuting and a ways away from scene of the proverbial crime). I have been an admin before so I understand the actions and I support them, as it is something I probably would have done myself. My question here pertains to the action(strategy?) itself. Is it camping? I think this action falls into a grey area, or perhaps it doesn't, anyways I would appreciate a little guidance in this area.

And again I must say: The admins here are very good and I am happy that we have them as I know we've all played on servers with crappy admins or even no admins at all, and we all know how much that sucks.
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Re: A Kickable Strategem?

Post by Beaver »

I would say, yes it is camping. as the mines where obviously on the ground in there base. and tbh, the spawn helo should'nt have been over blue main in the first place!
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

while a funny situation, yeah its likely a bootable offense. i got kicked once when i bailed out of my helo a mile up to snipe the main and the chopper fell onto an admin's jet. carni coulda warned you instead and told you its not cool, but maybe he doesn't know how long you've been around here.... or was just pissed. haha i'd be.

p.s.. strategem? seriously?
Lt.Dangle
United States of America

Post by Lt.Dangle »

the only way u can not consider that camping, is if u followed sumbody back into main and they bailed, and u bailed and mined them. that seem's like the only way to me. but since u were falling down from the heavens and dropped mines, its camping.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us