BF43 review (looks very positive!)

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

MOJORyder
United States of America

BF43 review (looks very positive!)

Post by MOJORyder »

there are 7 total pages here, read them all. so far, it seems to lay to rest some of my fears from the trailers and original info on the game... looking good to me :)

http://www.bfhq.se/page.php?id=960&pg=1
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
fireWIRE

Re: BF43 review (looks very positive!)

Post by fireWIRE »

Wonder if it's as slow as vanilla BF? After playing DC all these years I really have a hard time playing the original game. Everything is sluggish and slooooooow.

Some interesting tid-bits:

Of course we tried to get as much information regarding the PC-version, but the development of that version is still a bit secret, which resulted in many broad and unspecific answers. Both Patrick and Gustav ensured that the PC-version will not be a bad console-port, but a real and solid PC-version.

The maximum amount of players for the PC-version is yet to be decided. There is nothing that says it has to be 24.
fireWIRE
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

AIDS wrote:Vanilla BF is still as awesome as it was since I first played the demo. You just have to appreciate the game as you did when you first played it. There are still nights that I crave to thirst my taste for some good ol' BF42' ass whoopin'.

All and all, I think BF1943 will be an awesome game for PC. You just can't compare it to 42'.
Really? I hate it when I play reg BF and my first tank round lands about 10 ft away from my tank. I then remember I have to point my barrel towards the sky to hit the enemy tank.
fireWIRE
Nightster

Post by Nightster »

It's true after playing DC it's hard to go back to 42. One thing is for sure after playing all the new BF series I still came back to DC. All I can say is that it would be dream come true if DC was ported over to BF43, but only if they keep the same exact coding and gameplay and basically just re-skinned and modeled everything. some people tried porting it to BF2 and it wasn't very great.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

We thought the Desert Conflict mod for BF2 was awesome but it was late to show - by the time it was out BF2142 had already been around for a while and I think they lost out on a lot of their potential "market share." Project Reality made tanks that will make you crap yourself. We played Desert Conflict a BUNCH when it first came out but over the next months attendance just dwindled.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

I always thought the starwars mod was very under served..hardly any servers and rarely full..sad cause they were excellent mods
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Another video has been released.. and release dates posted

http://battlefield2.filefront.com/news/ ... FBC2;42185
DICE Announces $15 Price for Battlefield 1943
Premium Arcade Title Delivers Endless Hours of Multiplayer Fun, Legendary WWII Battlefield Action and Destruction

STOCKHOLM - DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio, today announced that Battlefield 1943™ will be available in June for $15 USD in the Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace (1200 MS Points) or the PlayStation®Store. The action-packed arcade title will also be available for PC in September. Battlefield 1943 is an all-new multiplayer game that offers endless hours of 24-player action in popular maps inspired by Battlefield 1942™, now updated with the Frostbite™ engine. The total destructibility afforded by the Frostbite engine ups the ante and leaves players with nowhere to hide.

In Battlefield 1943, intense battles ensue over three classic and tropic locations; Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. Gamers play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy, competing by land, air and sea. Players have the freedom to pick their path in battle - be it as a rifleman crawling through the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or a dog fighting pilot that protects the skies.

“Using the same Frostbite engine that we developed for Battlefield: Bad Company, we are able to take players back to WWII and return to the roots of the Battlefield franchise, but with a new twist – destruction,” said Gordon Van Dyke, Producer on Battlefield 1943. “We want to offer gamers the most accessible online shooter experience and the best value found in any premium download title with Battlefield 1943.”

For more information on DICE, please visit http://www.dice.se or http://www.ea.com. For more information on Battlefield 1943 please visit: [url]http://www.battlefield1943.com.
Nightster

Post by Nightster »

OMG it only has 3 levels ? GAYNESS!!!! ohh well as long as it has mod support then there are plenty of levels to come.
Soylent

Post by Soylent »

but with a new twist – destruction
What does that mean? Buildings will blow up?
Nightster

Post by Nightster »

Yeah with the frostbite engine almost everything you see is destructible, including most buildings (that's how it was in bad company)