old games,old players

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Malgeric(can)

old games,old players

Post by Malgeric(can) »

Hey all ,I been playing 42,dc,and dc final for lord knows how long.I have been admin,player and clan leader at various times on other servers and now just like to play the game have fun and relax.Lately I have heard alot of other players complain the 42 is just to boring and getting lame to play, this may be so .BUT they still come to play so quit your complaining and play for what it worth.
Now moving on,Iam after some suggestions for a new game,to supplement my desire for a stratedgy based game. What i am seeking ,(for those that may be familiar with this ) is a pc game based on a old sid meirs game ,,,,,,,,Gettysburg,,,,,,,for those of you that know this game then you will know what iI am talking about.I have only ever played 2 games Online and this was my first one,Yes simple basic and old but it was very challenging with a good opponent.I do not want fantasy style rpg,or shooter style, real time move ment based strat.style game.I look for history based units ,so era is not important. What i do not want is some thing where you get things that do not exist or are based on future ideas.
Looking for unit control any where from platoon ,regimental or battalion size . Thats pretty well it thanks all
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Malgeric
Da Nu Wa Gi Li

Re: old games,old players

Post by Da Nu Wa Gi Li »

WOW, What a topic my brother....... However, I respond now carefully as in doing so, i tilt my hand and begin to reflect my aging..... Oh My! LOL

Anyways, There have been ( 2 ) Online games which had me at the core..... There was Motocross Madness 2 through the Microsoft Zone.... At the time, man it was cool and I motoed against some of the best online Motocross racers throughout the entire world.... I ran a gnarly International Crew under a tag ( NJDBR ). Man some excellent racing, I truly miss it and there has been no other like it to replace it after we lost the root Server...... LOSS>>>>>>>

Then there is BF1942 and it's various flavors.... That's right you meatheads, BF1942 is a rebound, but that's ok, it is one which stuck, it filled the need. Now, with it's aging and those in the society which cry of bordom, boredom, boredom..... I say this, go jump off a frickin bridge...... I have run my own bf1943 server in the past when I had access to a decent fiber trunk.... Then there is what I have now...... No further comment, DSL SUX.....

Ok, EA117 and it's dudes who host and operate this server, You guys, who make this server exist...... KUDOS gentalmen! That cant be said enough.... Ok I have said enough WORD!
Live within the laws of mother earth......
Return to the ancient ways......
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

http://board-games.pogo.com/games/risk ;) ... its online and its strategy

All joking asided I know what type of game you are talking about. I played one called .... uhhhh Oh crap A.D.D. moment.... True War ... or Modern Warfare .. Real War thats it. Anyways it was your typical start small and build this building so you can make this. Then build barracks so you can have ground troops. If you have these two building you can build this special weapon .. anyways you get the point. It was fun to waste time. As for the Gettysburg game I always wanted to try it out as I have always enjoyed reading about the Civil War. I never got around to it but I did see that Sid Meier had come out with another game that was called Civilization ... I dont know if this would suite your wants as it starts from the beginning of man and goes into the space ages. But then again you may have heard about it already as it came out a few years back. If I see anything that looks like what I think Gettysburg was like I will let you know.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

ahhh Mal.....if only the boys from the original DHA would fire up their server for ol time sake ;) (the last time they had it up and running, Redneck abused me to no end, coz i kept popping him with my 50 cal lol :twisted: )

an old fav of mine was Empire......... very simple game play, simple movements on units, but hours of fun either with AI or human players.....Civilization was fun to, and it has numerous versions of it about....another game that was not bad, was Super power (they made a sequel but apparently it sucked)....it let you design your own units and other things...single player only, but i still found it fun...it did have some depth detail for running what ever country to chose to run, such as housing for your population etc.......and yes, you could launch nukes at other countries :twisted:
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I have some horse shoes in the garage you can play with.. :D

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Malgeric(can)

Post by Malgeric(can) »

Hey thnxs all for your in put ,,,,,,,,,as far as the horse shoes go i do know how to play and have no problem putting up a case of molson against what ever you wanna bring.As far as the other game suggestions thnxs ,,,,,,,civilization is a lil drwan out for me but I may look into it,,the other game i forgot to mention was Shogun total war ,,,,,,,,,,,large units to move but the A/I was a little to predicable and unit control was slow in acting and crude at best.and the battle damage was really off.Sid Meirs did Gettysburg which was great because this is a passion of mine(civil war),also one called Antietam.The cool thing bout gettys was if you had a good host with strong PC you could play the 3 day version and WOW did you get huge map and all the troops from the Blackhat Brigade to J.E.B Stuarts Cav. and any thing in between .Any ways I ramble on LOL and Yes firing up DHA s Ole L V map would be so cool did alot O dieng there not to mention The bridge asa sniper only map .And lastly as always PROPS go out to EA117 for this site for those of us who just dont wanna let things go or are to old to remember why we came here in the first place. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Malgeric
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I step up. Your quite welcome :lol:

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Enfield

Post by Enfield »

yeah im only 20, old school for me would be
age of empire 1 and 2 , and empire earth.
Talk about stradegy.. Those were some really great games online.
Anyone ever played the newest version of axis and allies? not to shabby either... :geek:
Enfield

Post by Enfield »

Malgeric(can) wrote:Hey thnxs all for your in put ,,,,,,,,,as far as the horse shoes go i do know how to play and have no problem putting up a case of molson against what ever you wanna bring.As far as the other game suggestions thnxs ,,,,,,,civilization is a lil drwan out for me but I may look into it,,the other game i forgot to mention was Shogun total war ,,,,,,,,,,,large units to move but the A/I was a little to predicable and unit control was slow in acting and crude at best.and the battle damage was really off.Sid Meirs did Gettysburg which was great because this is a passion of mine(civil war),also one called Antietam.The cool thing bout gettys was if you had a good host with strong PC you could play the 3 day version and WOW did you get huge map and all the troops from the Blackhat Brigade to J.E.B Stuarts Cav. and any thing in between .Any ways I ramble on LOL and Yes firing up DHA s Ole L V map would be so cool did alot O dieng there not to mention The bridge asa sniper only map .And lastly as always PROPS go out to EA117 for this site for those of us who just dont wanna let things go or are to old to remember why we came here in the first place. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Malgeric

i believe i've played the civil war games ur talking about. i think they were like turn base, and the units moved to and from positions that were octagons. If so those games were great i wish my windows 7 could run them.