Bugger and frack... (OldBoi term)

Need help?
Kamalla
Sri Lanka

Bugger and frack... (OldBoi term)

Post by Kamalla »

Thanks Swan...

I did have the right IP and port number before. Did the uninstall/reinstall thingy a couple of times and now the problem seems to be 'Wrong Version' then click to update and nothing happens. I tried another reinstall twice (from the anthology kit and the Spec download 'how to'), but always with the same result... I can connect to other servers but not DC, and unless Spec has written out something that no one understands for the DC downloads, something is afoot! Any hints or tricks in your magic goodies-bag Swan?

Thanks in advance... Kam ;)
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Bugger and frack... (OldBoi term)

Post by Swanny-CG »

Well wrong version sounds like your installed game isn't the same as our server.

OK, So you install the game.
Then you install the 1.6 upgrade.
Then you install the 1.61 upgrade (there might be a direct path but I don't remember that beint he case; someone else can correct me).
Then you install DC .7.
Then you install DC Final.

Have you done things exactly in that order? Again, all who are looking, if I have the base patches wrong please chime in.
Kamalla
Sri Lanka

Post by Kamalla »

Yes me Swann,

I did them all in the order that Mr Spec left them on the download link and no luck a couple of times in a row now. I am destined to be a cheerleader on the sidelines... Can't be a wrong version, because I am using the same BF1942 Anthology Cds that I had on my other previous 2 compys (which worked). I'll get out my Bunny Foo Foo pom-poms and cheer for a great outcome...

Kam
Kamalla
Sri Lanka

Post by Kamalla »

Bugger and thistles...

Swann, while I was messing around with a project for work... I thought of the Firewall. I am sorry to have something sooo banall bother you - I turned it off and low-an-behold t'worked. Funny thing is, now I can't link in because a message says 'map not found'. That is my worry to take care of.

Thank you, you have been a charm and a gentleman as always. Hopefully I can get there and be a gunner in a Helo and shoot you down soon ;) Thanks again Mr Swanny!

As always,
Kam
Last edited by Kamalla on March 6th, 2011, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Just so everyone knows I personally saw Kam in and I was the first to get spanked .... :twisted:
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

ya i saw her on also....i held down Tuck, while she spanked his butt black n blue with her cricket bat (paddle as some call it ;) )...then sum1 mentioned Rally was wearing that pink tutu again, and we kinda all barfed up......
Kamalla
Sri Lanka

Post by Kamalla »

Hmmm, I asked RMonkey to take the tutu to the dry-cleaners! Is that why I never got it back... Oh, and never ask Demonic to be the cabana boy, the speedo covers up too much and he never brings the drinks back - but he was a little idle and ogling when Monkey was prancing about in the tutu!
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Kamalla wrote:Hmmm, I asked RMonkey to take the tutu to the dry-cleaners! Is that why I never got it back... Oh, and never ask Demonic to be the cabana boy, the speedo covers up too much and he never brings the drinks back - but he was a little idle and ogling when Monkey was prancing about in the tutu!
:twisted: :twisted:

Couldn't help it. I didn't give it to the dry cleaners 'cause it had Kammy stank on it. Then I thought may as well see how it looks with me in it. As I was prancing about in it by the pool, Demo kept trying to dance the lambada with me in front of Kammy for money... Too sexcy... Oh wait.. too disturbing... :lol:
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Show you a Banana and you'll do just about anything.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Sarge wrote:Show you a Banana and you'll do just about anything.
Nannas are good!