IExplorer.exe virus

Need help?
one pump
Canada

IExplorer.exe virus

Post by one pump »

Well i clicked on somthing that gave me the IExplorer.exe virus ,it was one of many problems my computer had i have fixed all except this little bugger and id reather not do a compleate wipe to get rid of it so can anyone tell me how to destroy IExplorer.exe virus without formating this computer.Thanks One Pump :twisted:
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Re: IExplorer.exe virus

Post by c0loNeL »

Hey one pump, welcome back.

The Iexplore.exe is a real pain in the ass. I've ripped a few out of computers (have a small comp business) and have found this to be the best way to go about it. http://www.fasterpccleanclean.com/iexplore-exe-errors
As stated, run an anti mal/spy ware program after shutting down load ups and doing your search. I have had good success with Malwarebytes and Spybot.

P.S. Run Malwarebytes in safe mode as well just to make sure. (You probably know but just in case you don't, F8 on startup, then choose safemode)

See you on the battlefield...
one pump
Canada

Post by one pump »

Thanks for the advice but nothing worked and well i wanted another HD anyways so i bought my second terabyte drive this one the newer terabyte drive faster yada yada and put oparating system on it and then formatted other so iexplorer is now dead lol.Thanks again my alberta friend 8-)
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

Can I suggest you install a proper antivirus / spyware program on your new HD?
And also, can IE and use firefox instead ! :)
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~