Kicked for Punk Buster SOLVED!

Need help?
Sledge

Kicked for Punk Buster SOLVED!

Post by Sledge »

An update for MS Security Essentials has caused problems with Punk Buster. I am not able to stay connected for more than a few seconds because of MS Tools violations, Handshaking errors and other cryptic problems. They can all be traced to firewall problems with Punk Buster and MSSE.

The fix can be found here. Essentually, you have to create two exceptions to Real Time Protection, namely, you need to tell MSSE to let PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB play through the firewall.

I made the change and now can kill you many times. :D
Be Brief
Be Brilliant
Be Gone
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Re: Kicked for Punk Buster SOLVED!

Post by RoLnRoCk »

thanks, i was getting sick of turning it off and on!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Ummmm that is the same thing you posted in the other PB topic. Still, good find and has worked so far. I talked with one guy on TS and even though he was able to play he was still getting some PB error messeges and he mentioned what seemed like lag spikes when the messege would appear. I asked him to join the forum and tell us what the errors were.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

the only noticeable issue i've had is a temporary "freeze" upon map loads, only lasting like ten seconds. after that, all is normal. kind of sucks, but oh well. it works for me.