pissed off enviromentalist

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Re: pissed off enviromentalist

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

A.....hmmm.......So hows that Rugby thingy doing?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

omg, you're joking right?

So you don't "honk" at the asshat driving 55 in the fast lane? You don't use your horn at all?

You've surely been drinking son.. you simply cannot be serious with your drivel...
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I think its time for some more Image

Can yall not just agree to disagree LOLOLOL ... I dont think either one of you are denying that its an a-hole thing to do for a cyclist to hog the road when its VERY easy to move over and let the car go by. But at the same time I am sure you can see that it is also and equally a-hole move to in return flip them off and blair your horn. I AM NOT saying I have not been that ahole but I could have very easily handled it differently. Lets just agree that everyone on the road is an ahole and we should just avoid them all together LOLOL

Rally I was wondering ... In Cali when this law passes where you can call in a motorist for not giving you proper room. Does that mean in turn I (motorist) can call in and say .. "Hey I just saw a guy about 6'6" 270 and one HAIRY EFFER riding a banana seat Schwinn that didnt merge into traffic correctly" Which in turn you being an a-hole cyclist will get a fine too. Only seems fair right :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .. JOKES GUYS :D :D :D
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Well I can tell you this - I've had my back tire clipped while in the middle of the street waiting at the island to cross (there was no light, just a crosswalk no one would stop for). Just a few months ago a lady turned right RIGHT IN FRONT OF my friend and ran him into the curb at the corner. Another person I know had someone who couldn't be bothered to look in the mirror before opening the door and that friend got hammered. She was nice enough to offer to drive him to the hospital. If he had ridden a couple feet out he would have been fine but he was OFF the road to the side, our of the lane - that's what put him in harm's way.

We're not riding at 10 miles an hour - on flat land I'm usually going closer to 20 mph. While not nearly as fast as a car, a LOT of people driving cars either lack the depth perception or judgement to give me the space I need to ride safely, especially approaching corners, driveways, etc.

So - when someone gets hit on a bike, if the driver of the car hops out to give them crap about how they had no right to be there, when the cops show up, OPINIONS won't matter.

And if someone gets a kryptonite lock though a window, it will just be me pursuing a fleeing suspect after making a citizen's arrest :)

There are two kinds of honks - a courtesy honk, like "hey bud, the light's green," or "friendly warning to let you know I'm here" - then there is a punitive honk - the kind that tries to punish you for your transgressions with a wave of sound. It's the latter that I mind.

I stop at stop signs and take my turn. In return, I ask that drivers be aware and give me whatever space I need to ride safely, weather, road conditions and other circumstances allow. I never take more than I need to do so.

No one has an excuse to drive OR ride like an asshole. On days when the bicyclists take over streets in San Francisco or other large cities, I think they give us all a bad name. But I understand what they're doing - they're saying "WE HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE."

And they're right.

Feel free to cut me off and get out of the car to discuss it. Come strong enough and one of us is going to be picking up teeth out of the road. As we part ways though, remember that only one of us has a license plate for bystanders to jot down.

Ride/Drive safely.
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Swanny-CG wrote:We're not riding at 10 miles an hour - on flat land I'm usually going closer to 20 mph. While not nearly as fast as a car, a LOT of people driving cars either lack the depth perception or judgement to give me the space I need to ride safely, especially approaching corners, driveways, etc.

There are two kinds of honks - a courtesy honk, like "hey bud, the light's green," or "friendly warning to let you know I'm here" - then there is a punitive honk - the kind that tries to punish you for your transgressions with a wave of sound. It's the latter that I mind.

I stop at stop signs and take my turn. In return, I ask that drivers be aware and give me whatever space I need to ride safely, weather, road conditions and other circumstances allow. I never take more than I need to do so.

No one has an excuse to drive OR ride like an asshole. On days when the bicyclists take over streets in San Francisco or other large cities, I think they give us all a bad name. But I understand what they're doing - they're saying "WE HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE."
Swanny,

Exactly, the discussion moved from whether or the truck driver in the viddy acted like an a-hole to whether or not honking and making obscene gestures at bikers is against the law. I cited news stories, city ordinances, and the vehicle code to prove my point. Which I did.

Meanwhile, Lee, Sarge, et al construct all kinds of scenarios and situations which have nothing to do with whether or not Lee's driving is harassment where bikers are concerned. Calling cited information which contains facts and law "drivel" is like arguing with a child. Even though you win they just don't get it, don't understand it, and want to go on "picking their debate nose".

The debate was/is whether or not some law is broken. I won the debate with facts, whether or not the other side admits it. Lee, Aids, Sarge - you lost. It is against the law.

Man up, go home, cry a little and deal with your defeat. :lol:
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I can see your head getting bigger through my screen :lol:
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Nightstalker wrote:I think its time for some more Image

Can yall not just agree to disagree LOLOLOL ... I dont think either one of you are denying that its an a-hole thing to do for a cyclist to hog the road when its VERY easy to move over and let the car go by. But at the same time I am sure you can see that it is also and equally a-hole move to in return flip them off and blair your horn. I AM NOT saying I have not been that ahole but I could have very easily handled it differently. Lets just agree that everyone on the road is an ahole and we should just avoid them all together LOLOL

Rally I was wondering ... In Cali when this law passes where you can call in a motorist for not giving you proper room. Does that mean in turn I (motorist) can call in and say .. "Hey I just saw a guy about 6'6" 270 and one HAIRY EFFER riding a banana seat Schwinn that didnt merge into traffic correctly" Which in turn you being an a-hole cyclist will get a fine too. Only seems fair right :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .. JOKES GUYS :D :D :D
Actually, Los Angeles has already passed the ordinance so it is in effect. The Law usually takes the party which is more vulnerable into account. This is why usually in domestic violence incidents almost always the wife's word is taken over the husband's word (males are stronger physically on average than females and have a higher instance of abuse). Of course there are exceptions so don't go posting some silly "straw man/female" scenario where an Amazon woman beats her husband. It might happen but not very often.

So this is a pretty easy example. You drive a 2,000 pound vehicle. Cars kill much more easily and irresponsible driving kills thousands every year. Do you think bikes kill that many? Nah neither did I. So the legislation is aimed at enforcing the rights of vehicles (bikes) and people which are more vulnerable.

Remember the discussion is about - What constitutes harassment of cyclists?
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

I wasn't about to quote and edit all tha poppy cock. I just pasted :D
Rally blabbed:

The debate was/is whether or not some law is broken. I won the debate with facts, whether or not the other side admits it. Lee, Aids, Sarge - you lost. It is against the law.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

You talking to me.......YOU talking to ME....I don't see anyone here, so it must be me.....Rally you hairy, oversized banana packing, fuzzy ass, grapefruit balled carrying, poo throwing Monkey. Sarge never looses. I'm always heavily armed. :lol:
If the bikers uniform were maybe along the lines of the Liberachi spring line up, maybe they would stand out a little better. ;)

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I believed ya Rally .. I was just being facetious ;)
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Sarge wrote:I wasn't about to quote and edit all tha poppy cock. I just pasted :D
Rally blabbed:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

You talking to me.......YOU talking to ME....I don't see anyone here, so it must be me.....Rally you hairy, oversized banana packing, fuzzy ass, grapefruit balled carrying, poo throwing Monkey. Sarge never looses. I'm always heavily armed. :lol:
If the bikers uniform were maybe along the lines of the Liberachi spring line up, maybe they would stand out a little better. ;)
LOL Why don't you use that gravy, beer, and sweat stained tank top to wipe the spittle from your multiple chins.... and the tears from your eyes... ;)
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

lol this is absurd. But basically Swanny has it right...if you ride like an asshole...I will treat you like one. To me it's no diff than you being the prick doing 55 in the fast lane.
You can write down my license plate if you can see it through your tears while speed dialing mommy.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Time out guys, I gotta pee. Be right back. :)

With Great Speed
Simon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Simon »

hmm, never thought about bicycles on the freeway....could be dangerous!
found this tidbit, on CA.gov.....

Q. Can I ride my bicycle on the freeway?

A. Of the more than 4,000 miles of freeways in California, about 1,000 miles are open to bicyclists. These open sections are usually in rural areas where there is no alternate route. California Vehicle Code Section 21960 says Caltrans and local agencies may prohibit bicyclists from traveling on freeways under their jurisdiction and that they must erect signs stating the prohibition. There are no signs permitting bicyclists on freeways. When a bicyclist is legally traveling on a freeway, he/she may be directed off the freeway at the next off-ramp by a sign that says "Bicycles Must Exit." The freeway will be posted at the next on-ramp with a sign that says "Bicycles Prohibited."
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

When I worked in Camp Pendlton outside of San Clemente there was a stretch of freeway that allowed bikes to the next city past the base, about 30 miles. Bullshit :lol:

With Great Speed
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i am also one who enjoys riding the bike (when i aint driving) and i follow the laws of the road and always give way to bigger vehicles....BUT, i to have been dam near run off the road because of a hole drivers who show me no respect as ive shown them...sooo, they get an ear full at the next set of lights (this demon is no slouch on a bike, so i can usually catch up) or i have been known to sink my foot into their back panel, to let em know they are to fcking close and are cutting me off the road.

which ever you see it, there are all types on bikes and drivers of cars, that either dont give a crap or those who try to do the right thing.

if i had been one of the dudes on bike after that mofo showered me with polution, id glady find his truck n slash his tires :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: WALK BITCH !!!!!!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

MOJORyder wrote:lol this is absurd. But basically Swanny has it right...if you ride like an asshole...I will treat you like one. To me it's no diff than you being the prick doing 55 in the fast lane.
You can write down my license plate if you can see it through your tears while speed dialing mommy.
Funny but Swanny, the other cyclists in this thread agree with me. It's nice to see you changing your tune, even though you seem to have a hard time admitting your misunderstanding about the Law, the Vehicle Code, and Common Courtesy on the Road. From the very beginning you have posted over and over your actions when encountering cyclists and how they have no right to the road whatsoever, that the road was not designed for them, that only by the "good graces" of taxpayers is there even a road for them to ride.

You have been wrong on every count and now can only post tacit agreement about "sharing the road with other respectful users" coupled with "straw man" scenarios depicting you as the "victor" in every encounter with cyclists, while the "babies" cry by the roadside as you drive off laughing.

There is nothing absurd about any of this debate except for your posts. Even though you've been beaten roundly, soundly, and profoundly you continue to deny your defeat and debate like Obama (Sheesh! I thought you were a Conservative and debated with facts!).

Debate with fact or opinion - all of which I am more than prepared to challenge.
Because if you continue to post "Obama like" straw man scenarios you only earn further derision and mocking. :lol:

And BTW the topic is: Are you actions as described in your initial post(s) against the law?

My position: It is clear your actions as you describe them are a violation of the newly passed anti-cyclist harassment ordinance in the City of Los Angeles and also that they constitute Assault.

So far your defense: "nah nah boo boo"

I dare you to make an intelligible argument without the posturing... :twisted:
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

are you on meth? My stance is the SAME. if you impede me while driving and act like an obtuse ass *whistles*, I will call you out for it with a horn and a middle finger. Suck it up sunshine.

Now, go tell the police I called you an obtuse ass, I am sure they will care just as much.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

:lol: :) :o :lol: ;) :o :lol: ;) :o :lol:

With Great Speed
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

MOJORyder wrote:are you on meth? My stance is the SAME. if you impede me while driving and act like an obtuse ass *whistles*, I will call you out for it with a horn and a middle finger. Suck it up sunshine.
Now, go tell the police I called you an obtuse ass, I am sure they will care just as much.
Wow are you?

You've changed your stance throughout the the thread and continue with the "straw man" scenario.

The debate is: Are your actions against the law? So far you have not able to defend your point of view. You've been proved wrong almost more times than anyone can count. Yet like a power addict you keep posting the thing repeatedly. No new information, just the same old same old.

The reason is because you don't have a counter argument, instead you keep putting me into this silly scenario that you've created in order to appear victorious. But you don't win, you only make yourself look foolish.

So either debate the point about whether or not your actions violate the law or retreat from the thread with your tail between your legs. But keep posting the same stupid crap and rest assured I WILL keep calling you on it

BTW if you didn't care so much how come you can't help but reply? Opposite of Charlie Sheen's "Winning" lol you just can't help "Losing".
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

I've not once changed my stance. The only thing of any substance that you've posted is an example of some smacktard slamming on his brakes in front of a biker.. I said I'd do nothing of the sort (honking is NOT assualt no matter what mommy tells you)

If you feel it is, then by all means, call the PD and tell them "I was riding my bike in traffic and some guy honked at me!"...feel free, be my guest. I will even give you my license plate number and plead guilty...let's see how that one goes sunshine.
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

MOJORyder wrote:I've not once changed my stance. The only thing of any substance that you've posted is an example of some smacktard slamming on his brakes in front of a biker.. I said I'd do nothing of the sort (honking is NOT assualt no matter what mommy tells you)

If you feel it is, then by all means, call the PD and tell them "I was riding my bike in traffic and some guy honked at me!"...feel free, be my guest. I will even give you my license plate number and plead guilty...let's see how that one goes sunshine.
Wrong again (for the umpteenth time). And of course then the same ad hominem attack while failing to post any facts to back you up. This is too easy. :lol:

I've posted extracts from news stories, the vehicle code, state law, and legal opinion to back up my side.
You lose... again... By failing to mount a cogent defense and resorting to silly name calling.

Oh and here's just a few of the links (see below)
That's the difference, my arguments are backed-up with cited facts, while yours... are not... :mrgreen:

http://cityclerk.lacity.org/lacityclerk ... er=09-2895
http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/200 ... -20-11.pdf
http://la.streetsblog.org/2011/07/21/ci ... ordinance/
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictiona ... nd+Battery
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d06/vc13210.htm
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/lov/lovd12.htm

It's amusing to see you get up and try to retaliate after getting the intellectual crap get beat out of you every round. A little advice... stay down this time shorty.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Are you two married? I have the same type arguement with my wife too :lol:
One of you need to send flowers and make nice. ;)

With Great Speed
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

LOL Sarge,

This is now fun for me and it's so easy to counter uninformed opinion with proof.
There will be no "meeting halfway".
It started out as friendly advice and a warning due to an alarming and revealing misunderstanding of the law, various vehicles codes, and ordinances that was made clear from the posts that were made.
In return I received blabber and insults.
I get to return that idiocy by pummeling with facts.
The only way this ends is when surrender is signaled or there is a retreat from thread.
Either way the loss is apparent. :ugeek:
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

I fear reality escapes you monkey.
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

MOJORyder wrote:I fear reality escapes you monkey.
Heh ah yes more "nah nah boo boo".

Posting your opinion means nothing in the face over whelming "cited" sources.
You have not once posted anything even remotely close to from a "substantial source".

I have now posted from a "Baker's Dozen" number of information sources and have refuted every one of your "opinions".

Meanwhile not one of my "posits" have you even come close to challenging.

All this equals = You lose the debate. Instead of losing with dignity you can't help but to embarrass yourself more with each post. :lol:

Have fun in the "echo chamber" in which you find yourself... alone...