BF3 Update Issue

Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

BF3 Update Issue

Post by Swanny-CG »

I tried to run the update and got the same problem I had with the last update - Origin says "Ready to Install," so I'd click the button, it would change to "Installing," then after a couple minutes change back to "Ready to Install" again.

Lat time this happened it started sayin "BF3.exe is not a valid Win32 application" and I finally ended up uninstalling and re-downloading from scratch. Even with a fat bandwidth pipe that sucked.

Today the same thing was happening and I found what looks to be my fix - go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 and look for the file named BF3.exe_dip_staged and rename it to BF3.exe. Restart Origina and it should start installing it automatically and immediately.

I got the pop-up that says Battlefield 3 is now ready to play.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else. I remember Platy asking if anyone else had to re-download it the last time.

I run my AV SUPER locked down and I had forgotten to disable it before the update - it seems that maybe it had enough rights to rename the .exe but not enough to update it so it failed. After I disabled AV and tried again the .exe it was initially looking for was gone (renamed) so it kept failing but knew it was supposed to do *something.* Renaming the .exe gave it everything it was looking for and it completed properly.
Sl0ppyM0lly

Re: BF3 Update Issue

Post by Sl0ppyM0lly »

This fking game I swear (small lol) sigh...

This update which is the second, is just like the first for me. Please install BF3 as it is not located on your drive. Really it was there yesterday and it was there before the last patch when you told me the same crap lol ffs. Anyone else get this error?