Camping main?

Pinhead
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Fonzy

Post by Pinhead »

First i typed in a command joking with Shadow Demon and u told me to stop being ghey . I was ghosting u while u were driving behind the blue main on eastings i warned u via counsel not to camp u got blown up by the death bubble. Then 3 minutes later u went right in front of the blue main stopped shot the mirs then turned around started looking around in the blue main to me looked like someone to shoot at started to die drove forward jumped out tried to repair your tank and got killed by the death bubble again all i did was simply give u another warning via counsel to please dont base camp. You were nice enough to tell me to look at the rules there isnt one for that and said take it to the forums. Idont think i was wrong for warning u i didnt kick u i didnt ban u i just gave u a warning.
Fonzy

Camping main?

Post by Fonzy »

Earlyer today I was accused of camping the blue main on 73 easting. MLRS was pounding 73rd so I kept taking it out. There was a point when it was behind main, took it out, tryed to drive around back of blue main and died via deth bubble. Later before being accused of main camping I drove from 73rd rounding well away from blue mains entrance to destroy the maned MLRS firing at 73rd , next where is spawns. I then left the area after and tryed to find the Howitser that had killed me previously via firing from blue main. While doing so I did NOT fire, and drove off after not finding it. I realized I was losing health because I was inside the death bubble and started repairing my tank after I got out of it, and I was killed by a M1

Not that I was camping in this case but I was not awair that "camping" was against the rules here at EA. If some one is attacking MLRS, SA3, Howitser etc... which is allowed... how is it possible to do so with out being accused of main camping?

Howitser was attacking 73rd from blue main, how is it possible to take out howitser with out being accused of camping? This applies to almost all maps EA uses.

El Alamien, blue main, southern SA3 can be takin out by a tank from East, which I do all the time... is that camping? I was doing this a dew days ago and after taking out the SA3 an A10 was taking off, flying at me while I was leaving, and I did not fire. I saw bombs drop at me right as he was about to fly over me and I "returned fire" and took out the A10. A admin accused of main camping even though the piolet of the A10 admited that he fired first.

Playing Lost village today, I was on blue and was moving from one flag to another (the two closest to red main) and was being shot at from red main, I returned fire and was kicked for main camping

I look foward to the clarification of the term "Camping"

Yes I was upset tonight, but I follow the rules and listen to admins.

Another question.. is attacking a unmaned mlrs.SA3.skud, etc with frog/a10 allowed? looking at the rules it does not look like it would be allowed but its done all the time with out warning from admins.
Fonzy

Re: Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

BoOn
Canada

Re: Camping main?

Post by BoOn »

I have merged the two topics so two threads are not going on about the same situation.

Now reading about what has happened on 73rd Easting its my judgement from reading both side of accounts that Fonzy was not in the wrong. Circling the blue main to kill the MLRS is common practice which I have never seen anyone warned or kicked for previously and as a admin I would not warn nor kick for. I believe that both the MLRS and BM-21 were spawned outside the mains just for this reason of preventing players from shooting inside mains to kill them, there is a deathbubble that prevents players from moving the MLRS/BM-21 into mains and firing from there.
Fonzy wrote:Howitser was attacking 73rd from blue main, how is it possible to take out howitser with out being accused of camping? This applies to almost all maps EA uses.
Now I have been in this same situation aswell and this is also legal, anyone firing out of mains regardless of with which weapons or vehicles is a legal target, I have personally gone to the front of blue main to kill the howie that was firing from within it , howies can target east base very well from within blue main vs the ones from red main.

Camping refers to players who use weapons/vehicles/planes/helos to fire into enemy main to kill players who are spawning and players that have not left main or have fired out of main and vehicles that are spawning or sitting empty.
- Snipers are exempt from the camping rule
- Planes/vehicles/weapons/helos that are firing into main in order to take out Howies/SA-3/MLRS/BM-21/SCUD or any other player shooting out is exempt from the camping rule providing they do not take the liberty to kill other players or enemy vehicles. Eg. A10 takes out SA3 on El Al (Legal) ,A10 takes out SA3 but drops bombs or fires at other players on its way out (Illegal)
-Your in a dogfight with someone and they break off to return to main for more health or ammo and you follow them in and kill them (Legal), If you follow in and kill the player you were in a dogfight with and decide to straff players or vehicles (Illegal)
-A carbomb drives into enemy main and detonates (Legal) , A carbomb drives into enemy main and honks horn but player immediately exits and starts firing at infantry or vehicles (Illegal)

These are some common examples of what is allowed and not allowed.
Fonzy wrote:Another question.. is attacking a unmaned mlrs.SA3.skud, etc with frog/a10 allowed? looking at the rules it does not look like it would be allowed but its done all the time with out warning from admins.
This is a good question as its common for both players and admins to do this while yet it does contradict the camping rule as they are unmanned and does fall under the camping rule. I have wondered this myself a time or two , I will bring this up with the other admins and see if we can clarify this situation.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Boon described it to a T ... Now my understanding was that the SA3 is always a legal target. I personally have taken it out unmanned many times and have NEVER warned/kicked/banned anyone when I have seen them do the same. As for the MLRS/Howi. I do not believe those follow under the same rules as they are "supposed" to require a spotter. Damn pixel aimers. I will say each map has its querks that a rule seems to be .... well for lack of better terms .. iffy. I get it on 73 if you are that close. Why not go ahead and take out the MLRS/BM21 instead of turning around. Once again ... guilty of doing so and have not punished anyone for doing so. Like Boon said .. They are "outside" of the main. That is my personal opinion and we will get you a final ruling soon. Thanks for bringing this up ;)

And why does it seem Pin gave and explination before the complaint :? :?: .. Anyone else wonder that ???
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Nightstalker wrote:And why does it seem Pin gave and explination before the complaint .. Anyone else wonder that ???
They both posted in seperate topics about the same situation, I merged both topics into this one as I mentioned in the first sentence of my response ;)
BoOn wrote:I have merged the two topics so two threads are not going on about the same situation.
Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

In response to the question about Pin posting before the complaint: I lost my temper and said to take it to forums, as I felt a heated debate (on my part) was no place for in game chat. he was doing what was expected to come next. I don't want to discredit his point of view over who posted first, as I was the one who told him to.

What I believe caused this was Pin's reaction to my joking back. He told another player to stop touching himself, and I joked back to "stop being ghay" I said it as a joke, although it is annoying to be distracted by a bright yellow consoal command that does not ( in my opinion) deserv to be posted. I have a hard enough time not ignoring those in the first place, but try to pay attention to them as that may be of importantance in way of communication from admins to players.

I have been in the DC game for years and learned a long time ago to play as if an admin is ghosting you. I believe my joking to pin caused him to do so, though this does not bother me. What does concern me is why would an admin ghost a well attended player over a joke, and start warning him to stop breaking rules when none were being broke in the first place. I enjoy playing in EA but simply do not wish to be harassed by admins mid game play.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

This is looking like a simple misunderstanding and should be taken as such. As was said, you were warned, not booted. A "I was taking out MLRS" in chat may have stopped this in its tracks. I don't know as I wasn't there, just my opinion.

As for the camping 'rule', if it fires out, it's legal. I'm sorry to see you were kicked for firing at a legal target, but it may have been the admin did not see everything that was happening, or was being camped by several ppl and you were the unlucky one to get the boot. We're human and do make mistakes. Just explain what happened when you get back in and you most likely will get an apology.

Now... for the SA. I know there is nothing in the rules, but it has been an unwritten rule that the SA is always a legal target. I have never kicked (and will not kick) anyone for taking out the SA, manned or not. Normally no one goes for the SA unless it starts taking out ppl anyway, but it is hard to tell if it is manned sometimes as a lot of kills come up 'killed' instead of 'SA-3" in the script. Rules edited to include SA

We like to have fun in game (as I think this is what it's all about) and like to joke with ppl, hence the admin script "Please stop touching yourself" and others. This is a 'game' after all

Hope this clears a few things up.

See you on the battlefield.
C
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Now I am confused. Can you still touch yourself or do you have to be firing first. Darn these rules.. :?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

I think the firing comes after the touching, :o but don't quote me :lol:
Pinhead
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Pinhead »

I gave an explination before hand as to i didnt want to get anything started in the server. Other player on the server in my opinion didnt need to see an arguement. It seemed Fonzy got mad in the server and then left so i came to the forums so i could explain myself as to the warning. As i stated before Fonzy was sitting right in front of the blue main just watching the entrance and he was killed by the death bubble and thats why i gave him a warning. Fonzy if u werent camping then i do apologize i was just goin by what i seen.
Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

"Attacking an uncapturable main, or uncap, is considered "camping" the main.

There are three exceptions to this rule:..."

The key word in this rule is "attacking" I'd like to make a point: "camping" and sitting out side of the enemy main, regardless of what that player is doing, are two completely different things. I woul like to hear clarification from admins: Is it, or is it not OK to be parked, standing, sitting, looking etc... Out side of the enemy main, wether you are, or are NOT actively attacking approved targets.

In this case Pin was ghosting me, and admits to seeing me "looking" not (firing) into the blue main, which is why I was given a warning. Being given a warning is not the problem here, what is the problem is that the admin began arguing with me after I said I was attacking MLRS. I do not believe the term "Camping" is fully under stood by Pin, as I believe he thinks simply parking out side of the enemy main and looking in IS camping
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Parking outside the main does look suspicious, hence the warning. You were given an apology, time to drop it.
Thread closed.