CAN AN ADMIN HELP ME?

zanshin1

CAN AN ADMIN HELP ME?

Post by zanshin1 »

"by LittleBigMan » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:38 am

Most important rule: Do not attack uncapturable mains.

The unspoken rule is we expect respect for and from every player. Does this need to be explained? Abusive language, killing a teammate, wounding a teammate, spam messages--repeating the same message over and over, stealing a vehicle when someone is repairing it, "cutting into line" or taking a vehicle when someone is there waiting for it, running over a teammate's mine, using map exploits, joining the team that is winning--team stacking. This will be enforced, or, as has been said, "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Administrators are players too, and they deserve respect, if not even more--appreciation. We have several players who sacrifice their game play to maintain an enjoyable gaming experience. Without exception all administrators are experienced, good players and all understand and follow our one rule. Admins aren't often appreciated and they're unrewarded. Why not thank an admin every time you play. They need to hear it, and you might benefit from saying it. Disrespecting them or disrespecting any player will land you in a world of hurt. You don't tug on superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the 'ole lone ranger and you don't disrespect an admin.

Getting back to our main rule: No attacking an uncapturable main. What does this mean? Uncapturable mains are those that the enemy cannot capture, i.e. the enemy cannot change or turn the flag. These are the main spawn locations for each side, although some maps, like Tobruk, only have 1 uncapturable main--red. Wake has an aircraft carrier that is blue's only spawn location; the aircraft carrier should be considered an uncapturable main and not be attacked. Omaha Beach is another exception. The blue spawn is the battleship, but it may be attacked. The Battle of Midway is another exception, the carriers are allowed to be attacked. Medina Ridge is NOT an exception. Blue has the only uncap and is not to be attacked except with the three exceptions noted below. Berlin is not an exception. We don't want Berlin's uncapturable main to be attacked. Attacking an uncapturable main, or uncap, is considered "camping" the main.

There are three exceptions to this rule:
1--Return fire is allowed to any player firing from a main such as the SA-3, MLRS, SCUD etc.
2--Car bombs (honking the horn sets off the bomb)
3--Snipers, who are firing sniper rifles

Any player firing from any main is a valid target, with the SA-3 always being a legal target, manned or not. The usual examples are the MLRS or BM (multiple rocket launchers) and SCUD, But any player firing any weapon from a main is an acceptable target. The danger here is hitting someone else while attacking an approved target. It is left to the discernment of the administrator whether and how to punish offenders.

FAQ:

Question--Can we c4 flags.
Answer--Yes we can c4 flags on regular (conquest) maps including the push map, Medina Ridge.
No C4 allowed on main flag (the one you steal) on CTF maps

Question--Can we fire at the front of the enemy main.
Answer--Yes, as long as the target is outside the main, although some also consider this poor sportsmanship.

Question--Can we steal from the enemy main?
Answer--Stealing equipment is acceptable as long as people are not attacked in the main, unless they fire first.

Question--Can we be IN an enemy main?
Answer--Yes, but only if we are not attacking enemy players in the main who are not firing their weapon. As soon as we have fired upon or killed an enemy in their main who is not firing out of the main, we have "camped" and are liable to be kicked.

Question--Can we grenade spam (throwing unlimited grenades while located next to an ammo box).
Answer--Yes.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE SAID BEFORE:

Don't basecamp uncapturable bases with anything but a sniper rifle. We believe that good players can hold a base when the opposing team comes to take it back, rather than pinning the other team down.

People for some reason have problems with this (e.g. I'm using a howitzer - isn't that sniping? NO. How about an RPG? NO. Dropping bombs from a plane? NO. How about ... NO). If you're not using a sniper rifle you're camping. Don't do it. We tried having rules that said "this is OK, this is NOT . . . ". Guess what? People don't understand nuance. We had to go one way or the other. If you get caught, you will be kicked. If you do it again, you will be banned. That's it. We've heard people say we're one-sided in our enforcement of this rule. Not so - it's probably because the admin is on one team and can't see either what his own teammates are doing or can't tell who it is that's doing it. Say something - I can't guarantee it will be seen (if we're not playing) but we DO try to be fair. If we know about it, we act on it. 'Nuff said.

This IS a game folks, it should be fun. If you've ever been camped by the MLRS in the Allied base on 73 Eastings or pinned in the Iraqi base by pad campers in Kharkov, you know it's no fun at all.

Now, there are some things that piss some of us off, and as I said, we're only human. Let's examine a few of them, shall we?

1. Taxiing to aircraft in a perfectly good tank - use the legs EA gave you and WALK. Hitch a ride, or at the very LEAST use something no one else wants, like the go cart (Allied) or the bread loaf van (Axis). Leave the good vehicles for good use somewhere else.

2. Intentional TKs or team wounding - kill or wound someone for a vehicle or just to be stupid and you'll find yourself magically transported back to your desktop. Like a carnival ride, just not as fun.

3. Cheating - this goes in all forms possible - map exploits, hacked up programs, switching teams to either find someone in hiding or TK, then jump back - most of us will instantly ban you. Do not pass Baghdad, do not collect 200 dinar.

4. Clogging up the chat with worthless BS - racism or general bigotry, misogyny, etc. We love free speech, but enough is enough. Did you come here to play or smacktalk? Competition is good but stick the topic at hand, not someone's ancestry, family lineage or sexual preference.LittleBigMan
Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic locked1 post • Page 1 of 1"

Where does it say I cant hold a flag or turn it grey by being in the water? As pheonix said......cant hide in bushes either? (he was joking tho, cuz he was hiding in the water with me) whats the difference between that and a bush...

TY
BoOn
Canada

Re: CAN AN ADMIN HELP ME?

Post by BoOn »

The only map I can think of where ppl do that is kharkov, Its not written and I have never seen anyone kicked for it or warned for it.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Oil Rigs too - nothing against the rules about that.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I am confused. If you said he was joking, what's tthe problem. LukeGroundRunner-Mr.Sandman-Pheonix I think threw you for a loop.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

I dont have a problem with him, Hes funny.....Some people out there are plain and simple annoying little tattle tails. Whine constantly about stuff...... See, when shogun glitch shot me I mentioned it to him directly, not start whining about hey some one is hacking....someone is glitching....is there an admin on? whos admin?.....etc........We need a screen shot.....ban this, kick that...etc. I knew that he(btw im not talkng about pheonix, it really isnt worth the energy to to point out the whiny tattler) was refering to me....kinda why I kept doing it, knew he was getting frustrated.......lmao....(btw drop a c4, problem solved).....so the SOB starts accusing me and I had to chime in and say if your gonna make a stink and accuse u better be right............his response was the usual bs.....its against the rules...read the rules etc. crap. I pointed out the rules are in the chat.....I still think he thinks he was right.
See, i have read the rules and dont know anywhere that it states that.....hence, since he does this tattling crap frequently he must know......but i wanted someone to show me where cuz, I must be missing it ( i knew I wasnt, just wanted reassurance that he was wrong lmao:)).

Bottom line, dont say anything just play, if you do...... address the person your talking about first, dont get all cryptic....................If there a tank sittin at the end of the runway shooting everything then gameplay is at a halt, speak up he needs to go......kick him.

If theres only 4 people on the server and some one drives a jeep to the planes.............SO WHAT.......It doesnt stop anything, u only have one other person on your team...lmao....I cant remember who it was they were bitchin about, but its the point, not the specifics...

Use discretion, kinda the foundation of our country........."rules are rules" is redundant.....if that were the case, we would all be in jail.....no ones perfect.

peace all
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Shogun is new to the server so prob still getting a grasp on things ...........rules are rules also
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Post by Derick Vinyard »

lo...........l
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Smoke and a pancake?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!