El Kafi docks aaaaaaaah

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

redsled

El Kafi docks aaaaaaaah

Post by redsled »

Ok this is one frustrating map. I was playing on it yesterday as Blue. The problem with the way this map is setup is blue cannot leave their freaking main because red players are either sniping or firing at boats. We stayed mainly in blue main the whole time. No one can leave. We could change this map to allow blue to have some sort of advantage. I say add a couple of helos on blue. any other thoughts?
Demonic

Re: El Kafi docks aaaaaaaah

Post by Demonic »

i have seen this happen before and have been on blue when it happened......and yet i have seen blue kick major butt and end up winning.......alot has to do with who is on each team......get a few good snipers on red, with strong back up from other players and this kind of red domination will happen.

i dont think it helps blue when some people grab a 50 cal and continue to remain at blue base, while everyone else is busting their nuts, trying to keep flags capped elsewhere.

just my .1 of a cents worth
redsled

Post by redsled »

demonic you are correct. but then again there are only two .50 cal so that's two less players to hold blue flags. it wasn't only red snipers that are the problem though. most of the guys would go get the big trucks with the machine gun attached to the top pull them up near the shore and fire at any boats leaving thus forcing blue to stay on main. it was very frustrating and all of blue was complainging and even stopped playing and were mainly sitting around waiting for next map. i think a helo or two would help alot
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

very true with them nasty old trucks , red...yeah, i would see a helo help blue out...perhaps a little bird though....nothing that blue can just hover over a flag at high altitude,spawn dropping guys off everywhere....just a quick thought, so i have no idea of its cons and pro's.
another though perhaps is to not give red control over the other flags, besides their own main......if the other flags were grey, then it would be a mad rush for both teams, but at least give blue some chance of getting onto the main land to the far right of the map.

anyone else have ideas for this ?
Soylent

Post by Soylent »

Fewer machinegun trucks? Do they really do much other than camp the water? I can see leaving the unarmed trucks to transport between the flags.
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

this map is perfect played on a public server. In a match it's another story and impossible for blue to get a flag.

If you setup the Ural trucks just right no boats can get across.

The problem I see with this map is there are not enough tickets period. That map seems to end in less than 30 minutes almost every time and high scores are usually in the high teens.

But it's one of the funnest maps as CTF!!
fireWIRE
oldboi
Australia

Post by oldboi »

Just a comment on the CTF, that is how it's played on the Aussie server, an does make it more competitive.
And the thought of makin all the flag's grey for the start is a great idea also.
Something to make it more excitin an even the odds a bit... ;)
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

oldboi wrote:Just a comment on the CTF, that is how it's played on the Aussie server, an does make it more competitive.
And the thought of makin all the flag's grey for the start is a great idea also.
Something to make it more excitin an even the odds a bit... ;)
Making the flags white to start the match is a great idea.

In CFT there are only 2 flags (both at warehouses).
fireWIRE
oldboi
Australia

Post by oldboi »

Yes that's the down side but does make for a different style of game...
tona
United States of America

Post by tona »

Why not simply make the north flag Blue at onset. This will provide two places for blue to spawn and eliminate the trucks keeping the boats down.
At least it won't be so one-sided at the beginning and Blue won't just sit, waiting for the next map.
The North flag, however, should remain a capturable flag.
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

tona wrote:Why not simply make the north flag Blue at onset. This will provide two places for blue to spawn and eliminate the trucks keeping the boats down.
At least it won't be so one-sided at the beginning and Blue won't just sit, waiting for the next map.

That would work but kind of changes the point of the map. All it takes is one Blue player with a reasonably fast machine and 2 brain cells to spawn and bolt for the flag. Once Blue has that flag they have a chance...assuming every other team mate isn't sniping.
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

Payne N. Daiz wrote:...assuming every other team mate isn't sniping.
LMFAO
fireWIRE
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

The last few times I've played this, even if blue had a hard time getting started, they came back and kicked the crap out of red.

As you can probably guess, I was on the blue team LOL
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

Swanny-CG wrote:The last few times I've played this, even if blue had a hard time getting started, they came back and kicked the crap out of red.

As you can probably guess, I was on the blue team and I initiated my turbo-hacks LOL
fireWIRE
tona
United States of America

Post by tona »

Payne N. Daiz wrote:
tona wrote:Why not simply make the north flag Blue at onset. This will provide two places for blue to spawn and eliminate the trucks keeping the boats down.

That would work but kind of changes the point of the map. All it takes is one Blue player with a reasonably fast machine and 2 brain cells to spawn and bolt for the flag. Once Blue has that flag they have a chance...assuming every other team mate isn't sniping.
But that was the point of the complaint...that is, Blue not having a chance, getting bored...entering !nextmap...
Personally, I don't have a dog in this fight.
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams
Dvaren

Post by Dvaren »

Give blue armored boats? Isn't the goal here to give blue a fighting chance without changing the dynamics of the map?

Blue needs to attack via water, and armored boats allow them to do so with some chance of landing.

Easy cheesy
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

Dvaren wrote:Give blue armored boats? Isn't the goal here to give blue a fighting chance without changing the dynamics of the map?

Blue needs to attack via water, and armored boats allow them to do so with some chance of landing.

Easy cheesy
You mean a ship?
fireWIRE
Dvaren

Post by Dvaren »

fireWIRE wrote:You mean a ship?
Not a battleship...that would be extremely overpowered. How about one of those small gun boats they have in...ummm...that island map with the submarine? (I forget the darn name). How about a hovercraft?

There are plenty of vehicles that would even the odds, but not be overpowered.
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Dvaren wrote:
fireWIRE wrote:You mean a ship?
Not a battleship...that would be extremely overpowered. How about one of those small gun boats they have in...ummm...that island map with the submarine? (I forget the darn name). How about a hovercraft?

There are plenty of vehicles that would even the odds, but not be overpowered.
Guadalcanal is the map you are thinking of Cris.
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?