Hey S.O.S.

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Dvaren

Hey S.O.S.

Post by Dvaren »

...ya...you, S.O.S.

I've been booted exactly one time and that was for standing up to OTH along with 2-3 other players. I don't appreciate being kicked instantly for driving a tank near the airfield on Desert Shield.

The tank traveled a whole 10 yards from it's original position. It was not left on the airfield. It was left 25 feet from the nearest plane on the opposite side of the hill that borders the airfield. It was not left in some obscure spot. I don't have a history of driving anything to the airfield (I actually don't have much of a history even flying planes, for that matter) and don't appreciate being the brunt of S.O.S.'s mood swings.

The next time you get all pissy because you couldn't get a ranking score in DC Docks, perhaps you should lay the 50 cal down, kick the players who are breaking the real rules, and not look for an easy target to vent on.
tona
United States of America

Re: Hey jackass

Post by tona »

This won't do...no no no....please, tell us how you "really" feel...thank you in advance.
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

You were kicked for driving the tank to the A10. I was in the M1 right next to you and watched you. It's not where you park it. I've seen so many complains about driving to planes and warnings from my fellow admins and decided to act on it. Just don't let me catch you again and then it won't be a mere 1-minute kick. I play the game for fun, not for ranking and have never let my mood interfere with administrating the server.

In general, we admins are suppose to give a warning before kicking. However, I'm making some changes to that rule based on my experience on the server and have announced that during game play a few times. 1. Tk ME on purpose. First time you get a 3-day ban, 2nd time 1-week, 3rd time 1-month. Do it the 4th time, find another server. I've got pretty good memory, test it if you like. 2. Tk others on purpose under my watch, 1-day ban. Longer for multiple tks. 3. Other violations. I'll give a warning for new comers, immediate kick for regulars (ppl I've seen on the server, being it once or more). I feel these little changes are fair and will give us admins more play time instead of typing all the warnings. If Swanny and my fellow admins think that's too tough, I'll change them back, but I'LL STICK WITH THE FIRST ONE.

Oh, one more thing, I don't think we will play together again Dvaren until I'm convinced you have calmed down from your burst of attitude.
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

I only get kicked for cursing 2 or 3 times in a row. Usually at noobs who tk me to do stupid crap--rofl.

But I do push the limit when it comes to the MLRS firing from a main base. I will kill that thing with my jet every chance I get :-)
fireWIRE
Dvaren

Post by Dvaren »

S.O.S wrote:You were kicked for driving the tank to the A10.
No....I was kicked for driving an Abrams 20 feet from it's resting place to within 5 feet of the small hill that borders the runway on DC Desert Shield. The tank was not on the airfield. The tank did not even cross the border of the airfield. The tank did not even touch the border of the airfield.
S.O.S wrote: I was in the M1 right next to you and watched you. It's not where you park it.
I know you were there. I never said otherwise. I jumped in the tank, began to drive it, and seen the A-10 was open. You know damn well that I do not break the rules and I'm also positive that you're aware that this incident was at best a minor infraction of a minor rule and arguable at that.
S.O.S wrote: I've seen so many complains about driving to planes and warnings from my fellow admins and decided to act on it.
Yes...and what percentage of these infractions were committed by me? Oh...that's right...none. Interesting choice on who to make an example of. Meanwhile, I'll watch Frogfoots bomb mains nonstop for 30 minutes accumulating warnings like ribbons. Sound reasoning. Really.
S.O.S wrote: Just don't let me catch you again and then it won't be a mere 1-minute kick.
Yes sir. I'll be sure not to break any more of those rules that I never break. I understand your need to be stern with me, seeing as I'm quite a problematical player.
S.O.S wrote: I play the game for fun, not for ranking and have never let my mood interfere with administrating the server.
Uh huh.
S.O.S wrote:In general, we admins are suppose to give a warning before kicking.
....however, due to my constantly harassing behavior and disruptive gameplay, I didn't deserve even that much. Once again, I understand completely.
S.O.S wrote: However, I'm making some changes to that rule based on my experience on the server and have announced that during game play a few times. 1. Tk ME on purpose. First time you get a 3-day ban, 2nd time 1-week, 3rd time 1-month. Do it the 4th time, find another server. I've got pretty good memory, test it if you like. 2. Tk others on purpose under my watch, 1-day ban. Longer for multiple tks. 3. Other violations. I'll give a warning for new comers, immediate kick for regulars (ppl I've seen on the server, being it once or more). I feel these little changes are fair and will give us admins more play time instead of typing all the warnings. If Swanny and my fellow admins think that's too tough, I'll change them back, but I'LL STICK WITH THE FIRST ONE.
Fair enough.....but keep this in mind: The regulars on this server look to the admins for one purpose only, and that's to remove those playing disruptively. If you target regulars who do not play this way, and ignore new comers and (the few) regulars who do, you appear hypocritical. Once again: You know damn well that I am not a problem player, and that I don't deserve to be treated as such. Correct me if I'm wrong....please.
S.O.S wrote:Oh, one more thing, I don't think we will play together again Dvaren until I'm convinced you have calmed down from your burst of attitude.
I see that, since you just kicked me off the server the second I logged in 24 hours later. I guess I'm banned now, heh? Well do whatever makes you feel in control, S.O.S. You've handled this situation admirably.