It was a good run...

bRiNK
United States of America

It was a good run...

Post by bRiNK »

As most of you are aware, I have been banned from the EA DC server. I am only posting here to say a few last words before I disconnect myself from this community.

First, I want to give a big thanks to Boon and Nightstalker. Even though both of these admins slapped a ban on me purely under suspicion, they were kind enough to go into an empty server with me and allow me to plead my case and innocence. After deciding among themselves that I was legit, they unbanned me temporarily until they could get a general consensus between the other admins. The ban was slapped on me again the next day - for good. Despite the ban, Boon and Nightstalker went well out of their way to take a look at my case and I appreciate that.

Second, I'd like to apologize for circumventing the ban under different aliases and CD keys multiple times. I know it took some time away from the admins that they could have spent tending to more important matters. It won't happen again.

Third, this is in regards to Cpt.Moerp's previous post under the Disruptive Players thread:That PBBan you listed is actually a CD-Key that actually belonged to AIDS - not me. Below are the links that link AIDS and the banned CD-Key. I'm glad the remaining admins were able to snuff out his corruptness and revoke his admin rights.

Here is the link to the PBBan.
http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-b907f ... 20645.html
Note the IP of the individual banned lives in La Vergne, Tennessee - the same area AIDS lives.
I live in Louisville, Kentucky and Lexington, Kentucky when I attend school. Not even close to my area.

Here is a link to the same banned CD-Key that shows all aliases used on that key.
http://bfkhdb.selaron.de/index.php?play ... 852#result
Note that Spec and AIDS are the most used names on the CD-Key while 'brink' (alias #9) was used less than .4% of the time indicating a one time (or very brief) use of that particular alias.
I'm thinking AIDS got a spare CD-Key from Spec and used that to "frame" me hoping to see me gone from the server while also labeled a hacker. Care to chime in, Spec?

And lastly, here is a link to the video I promised in another thread. Hopefully you all can learn something from this video...specificly that I am clearly not using aimbot, no recoil, map hack, wall hack, weapon hack, knife hack, speed hack, health hack, no fog hack, macro, script or any other cheat you can think of. I wanted to capture a game in the EA server but due to my ban that was not possible. Instead I grabbed an old friend to do a 1v1 with me to help showcase some good infantry action. The friend helping me out is none other than Heathersauce. If you all don't know, Heathersauce was actually banned under the same conditions as myself. No proof of cheating...just suspicion - only she didn't fight the ban like I did. And like myself, she was innocent as well. She is the best overall player I have ever come across in DC (best pilot IMO). I did not want to mention this until I knew I was going to completely disconnect from EA because I know Heathersauce left a bitter taste in some of the admins mouths.

Notes on video:
I had to record the audio and video separately because I did not want to compromise any of the video quality when meshing the two together.

Instructions: Download and open both the audio and video file, pause the video, listen to the audio and I will do a countdown of when to start playing the video so that both files will be in sync.

Here is the link:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/brinkputsonhurt

The video file (1v1.MP4) is in MP4 format so be sure to have a program that reads MP4 files. Quicktime works well.

The audio file (1v1com.wav) can be played using most media players.

Sorry the files are so large.
Cpt.Moerp
Germany

Re: It was a good run...

Post by Cpt.Moerp »

brink, two questions for my understanding:

1.) Isn´t the Hash of the CD-Key different?

cd8b93128e92f9d4ffaa0670b907ff38 (from the banned PB-Multihack)
3addfb2f7faf55d6d256f8149a880490 (from the second link you posted with the alias "AIDS"/"brink"/...)

2.) Why on earth did that player from the second link login to the EA117-server 3 hours ago? (It is 09:47 AM in Germany right now, see lower left corner; the time of the server login was 06:02 AM German time, that means the login was 13-05-2012 10:02 PM CST)
brink_aids_2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Cpt. Moerp,
Cpt.Moerp wrote:brink, two questions for my understanding:

cd8b93128e92f9d4ffaa0670b907ff38 (from the banned PB-Multihack)
3addfb2f7faf55d6d256f8149a880490 (from the second link you posted with the alias "AIDS"/"brink"/...)
brink_aids_2.PNG
The first set of characters listed is the Punkbuster GUID assigned to that particular CD-key by Punkbuster. Each CD-key that has played on a PB server is assigned a unique GUID. When a player is caught cheating on a PB server, their GUID is recorded and publicly displayed on the master ban list website then streamed to all PB servers making it impossible for that GUID to play on other punkbuster servers. (http://www.punksbusted.com). A ban placed on a GUID is totally different than a ban placed on a key-hash. If a player with a banned GUID were to play on a non-punkbuster server then they would encounter no problems unless they were banned by a server admin. Bans placed by individual servers targets the CD-key's key-hash...NOT the GUID.

The key-hash is the 2nd set of characters listed above.

I hope that clears things up.

However, and this is very unfortunate of the hard working people at punkbuster and the punksbusted website....apparently the punksbusted.com website fell victim to a DDoS attack. Because of the attack, all the data from their master ban list that spread across many, many games is no longer available. This also means that the master ban list is no longer being streamed to the punkbuster servers for all the games it covered. In other words, if some has hacked then their GUID is no longer being streamed to the punkbuster servers. This allows people like AIDS, who have been busted for cheating, to continue to play on servers that stream the punkbuster ban list such as EA 117.

I discovered that the punksbusted.com website was down because of your inquiry, Cpt. Hopefully this is made aware by the admins of EA.

Did that help? I'm not the greatest at explaining things.

If you want to find out your key-hash then click the link below:
http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... f=64&t=440

If you want to find out your unique GUID follow these steps:

Load Battlefield 1942
Join a server with Punkbuster activated
Open the console using the tilde (~) key
Type "pb_myguid" without the quotation marks
Your GUID should popup in console.
Also it shows as soon as you load in PB servers on your screen, I believe.
Cpt.Moerp
Germany

Post by Cpt.Moerp »

Thanks for the explanation, didn´t know the difference between GUID and the CD-Keyhash. Nevertheless, how do you assume then, that the PB-banned GUID and the CD-Key you posted, are connected to each other?

And secondly, you didn´t answer my second question from above.

bRiNK wrote:Cpt. Moerp,

I discovered that the punksbusted.com website was down because of your inquiry, Cpt. Hopefully this is made aware by the admins of EA.
Haha, this is getting better and better. Because of MY inquiry? Come on...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Normally I am a calm person and have a long fuse but I do not know what I would have done with you if you said these words face to face to me.
So give proof of the bs you just posted!

Reminds me of a dictator who tries to eliminate critical journalists...
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Cpt.Moerp wrote:Thanks for the explanation, didn´t know the difference between GUID and the CD-Keyhash. Nevertheless, how do you assume then, that the PB-banned GUID and the CD-Key you posted, are connected to each other?

Unfortunately, because of the punkbusted.com website being down there is no way for me to match the key-hash with the GUID using IP addresses. However, it is known that AIDS and Lt. Dangle are friends and live in the same town in Tennessee. There was no way of me knowing for sure that AIDS was actually from LaVergne until I found this:

What are the odds that the person banned is from the same town as AIDS/Dangle AND still plays this old game? Very slim.
Cpt.Moerp wrote:

I addressed that in my previous post. "However, and this is very unfortunate of the hard working people at punkbuster and the punksbusted website....apparently the punksbusted.com website fell victim to a DDoS attack. Because of the attack, all the data from their master ban list that spread across many, many games is no longer available. This also means that the master ban list is no longer being streamed to the punkbuster servers for all the games it covered. In other words, if some has hacked then their GUID is no longer being streamed to the punkbuster servers. This allows people likeAIDS, who have been busted for cheating, to continue to play on servers that stream the punkbuster ban list such as EA 117.
Cpt.Moerp wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Normally I am a calm person and have a long fuse but I do not know what I would have done with you if you said these words face to face to me.

If this thread is rubbing you the wrong way then I'd say that your "fuse" isn't very long. Keep calm and carry on.

And what BS are you talking about? I have backed up my claims.
Cpt.Moerp
Germany

Post by Cpt.Moerp »

bRiNK wrote:
Cpt.Moerp wrote:
I addressed that in my previous post. "However, and this is very unfortunate of the hard working people at punkbuster and the punksbusted website....apparently the punksbusted.com website fell victim to a DDoS attack. Because of the attack, all the data from their master ban list that spread across many, many games is no longer available. This also means that the master ban list is no longer being streamed to the punkbuster servers for all the games it covered. In other words, if some has hacked then their GUID is no longer being streamed to the punkbuster servers. This allows people likeAIDS, who have been busted for cheating, to continue to play on servers that stream the punkbuster ban list such as EA 117.
I got that it is technically possible; my question aimed at the fact, that approx. one hour before you wrote your first post here in this thread, the player in question logged into the EA117 DC server... that is strange, isn´t it?
bRiNK wrote:
Cpt.Moerp wrote:

If this thread is rubbing you the wrong way then I'd say that your "fuse" isn't very long. Keep calm and carry on.

And what BS are you talking about? I have backed up my claims.
Ok, after reading your sentence for the fifth time, I got it now and apologize for these words. I got your sentence "I discovered that the punksbusted.com website was down because of your inquiry, Cpt." wrong, thought you are now completely insane and think, I would be responsible that the punksbusted.com-website is down! :D
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Yeah, I agree that is very strange and I could be wrong about the whole thing. Just the fact the person banned is from LaVergne is pretty significant.

Hahaha, sorry about that, Capt! I could have worded that a little better. Whoops. :o

On a lighter note - I hope you all are enjoying the video/audio. Some feedback would be appreciated :D
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

so wait, you were banned for hacking even though there is no proof?
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Oh oh

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

this is... bizarre.....

... while I don't want to pry, I'm curious as to what the suspicions are and if they could or couldn't be disproven via playing two admins in private... (who oddly felt the ban was wrong, but were subsequently over ruled by people who didn't bother to see if the guy is for real?)...

scratching my head here... but I've only known the EA mods to be fairly forgiving and never once did I see them ban without a REAL reason.... but this one.. doesn't sound right from either side o.0
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

RoLnRocK: Nightstalker and Boon said they didn't think I was cheating. I can't say the other admins think the same or otherwise. From what I recall, I was banned to help the longevity of the server and to keep the population steady. The thought is that without me ingame then the server can experience healthier and more balanced gameplay. Do I agree with this call? No. Do I understand the reasoning behind the decision? Yes.

Mojo: Boon mentioned he was trying to see if I had some kind of recoil cheat or had anything else going on that was suspicious. Also, I think was giving me a chance to explain myself concerning my accuracy and how it appears I deal more damage than usual, particularly with the shotgun. I'm not sure they felt the ban was wrong, but I believe they felt I was legit. Like I mentioned to RoL, I think the issue is more about the health of the server rather than my legitimacy.
MOJORyder wrote:.

scratching my head here... but I've only known the EA mods to be fairly forgiving and never once did I see them ban without a REAL reason.... but this one.. doesn't sound right from either side o.0

Actually, Heathersauce was banned without 'REAL' reason...unless the admins decided to ban her for the same reason they decided to ban me.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hold on just a sec guys. First let me say Boon and I did not say we agree nor disagree with the ban. I will admit it was my fault for unbanning the "Speedy" keyhash, KNOWING it was Brink. I was wrong for doing so for a few reasons. I have explained this to Brink and he understands so we do not need to continue this back and forth as it is not going to change. I am not trying to get the last word in but there was alot of discussion and a decision was made. Locking thread.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.