Classic cars/trucks

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

TwiTch
United States of America

Classic cars/trucks

Post by TwiTch »

Show us your old classic if you have one. This is my beater project that I been workin on for nearly 2 years. Almost ready to fire up for the first time. Plans are to make it my daily driver work horse,fishing,hunting TRUCK.

I6 250/th350

Can ya tell I like old cars/truck?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Classic cars/trucks

Post by Nightstalker »

Nice .. I had a 68 shortbed V8 .... I am assuming that is 3 on the tree??? I used to love driving those. Not a truck but I had a 72 Camaro too that was a fun little car to drive around. And then a 78 Chevy Heavy Half with the 250 inline 6 like in your truck. GREAT motor. Check keep oil in it and go. Industructable.

Edit : :15: ... I just saw your comments above the motor pic :oops: ... Automatic ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
TwiTch
United States of America

Post by TwiTch »

On the spid sheet in glovebox it showed that my truck was originally a I6 292 with 3 on the tree Overdrive. I had the tranny to prove so but the engine was gone when I got it. I had dropped a rebuilt sbc350/th350. I still needed a 4 barrel carb for the edelbrock intake manifold and exhaust pipe,starter and such. But I always wanted a lil inliner in a truck. So i sold the sbc350 and dropped this 250 in it and kept the automatic trans that is rebuilt. I am not looking for speed but longlasting engine. I heard these lil sixes do the job. Can be lil road devils with some upgrades. My Chevy is a 67 c10 longbed. I love them shortbeds though.only thing I would change about my truck is i wish it was a 4X4.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Yea my current truck is a shortbed. I wish it was a longbed 3/4 ton. I just use it to haul junk. Whether it be trash, manure, mulch, firewood etc etc. A work truck like you described. That little 6 will do all you want. My 78 heavy half (I wish I still had it) used to haul round bail in the bed with no prob. It was an auto also. No issues other than the motor changed its own oil if you know what I mean. I just put a new filter on it every three months LOLOLOL.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
TwiTch
United States of America

Post by TwiTch »

haha crazy. These 67-72 chevy/gmc are real cheap to buy running already. Especially the longbeds. I do dig the shortbeds and I would of been better off with a shortbed stepside because I never haul haha but still dig my longbed. Never know when i will need to put something back there. My dream is to own a piece of land with a couple horses. So would benefit to have this truck to haul haye in.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Your truck is a small window model too. That is what mine was. From my understanding those were the more rare versions. I think they looked better too.
TwiTch
United States of America

Post by TwiTch »

alot of ppl like the big back windows. When I had my 64 chevy shortbed fleet it had the small window and everyone would say to cut it out to fit a biiger window. But I like them small windows because it gives you privacy plus the sun doesnt hit you so much. This should be a nice truck. Post pictures of your past rides. Here are some that I use to own.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Damn .. nice stuff. Unfortunately I will have to do some diggin to get any pictures. My dad and I had a few. 72 Chevelle 454 SS with swivel seats. 65 Grand Prix (The Boat) .. 65 was the first year of the Grand Prix. BIG 2dr. Thats really the only older stuff I have had. Nothing like what you got in the pics.

My good friend in highschool had a 53 P/U 5 window. It was a great little truck.
TwiTch
United States of America

Post by TwiTch »

YOu had some cool cars. Chevelles are cool. I am really into the 60's chevy trucks.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

72 was a crappy year for the Chevelle though. They kept the single headlight assembly carried over from 71. Hell the early 70s were crap for most cars because of smog pumps. That 454 was only around 250 horsepower. I think the 71 454 was well over 300 ... I am thinking 340-350??? .. But it was still a Chevelle. I like the GrandPrix better though. So much character in that car. I think it had a 390 in it. I dont remember .. We did not do too much to that car.

I will try to get some pictures and see if I can get them on here. I know I can find pics of the 68 truck. It was tubbed with 18 inch wide Mickey Thompsons and a 454 bored .030. Dome pistons, Erson 1.5 rockers, Lunati cam .615 lift and 302 duration, I dont remember the valves but it breathed through a 1050 Holley Dominator and headers with 3.5 inch flowmaster. 4 link rear suspension with Ford 9 and 4.11's Damn thing would not hook up for shit LOLOLOLOL ... so the disc brake conversion might have been overkill :lol:

If you or anyone for that matter are in Tennessee on a Friday let me know and there is a ton of people that show up to a local mall and have a car show if you will. No prizes just show up and hangout. Shoot the shit and go home. I think last year they had 500 one weekend. Anything from a car someone just picked up and had to haul in on a trailer to something you would see in Hotrod mag. If any of you are even in the area give me a shout.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Being youg and stupid. I had a 67 Camaro although it had the straight 6 in it. Bailed on it and later....I kick myself everytime I see one....69 Chevelle SS wiith the 396 big block, a Muncie 4 speed with a Hurst competion shifter. I was able to start in 3rd gear and smoke'em as long as I wanted. Red with the black stripes. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Two of my dream cars Sarge ... Except the Camaro .. I am like every other Tom, Dick and Harry .. I want the 69 RS/SS with hideaways of course. And the Chevelle what you had would have been PERFECT. You are stupid.
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Sign...

Wish oh wish for... 57 Chevy, convertible, with a Continental kit
Not to be for me... Oh well I can dream...

TwiTch
United States of America

Post by TwiTch »

that 57 is nice. If i was to ever get another car it would be a 66-67 chevy nova hardtop. But after I get the truck road worthy. I would like to get a 60-72 chevy k10 or k20 with a Inline 6 as well. I just do not like v8 anymore. hahaa
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I would go for a 65 Impala or the 67 Malibu or waht about the old Goat..hmmm

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

I don't own any currently :( but I have done my fair share of Resto's.
1931 Chrysler Imperial Victoria, CG by Waterhouse
1935 Packard Super 8
1962 Plymouth Fury
1964 1/2 Ford Mustang

But my dream is this baby, 1955 Dodge Lancer Royale
Last edited by MOJORyder on May 21st, 2012, 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
C'mon Son
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by C'mon Son »

I would like to get a 65 Pontiac GTO if I had the money for it right now. Its on my bucket list though.....
"Now you're messin' with A son of a bi*ch" Nazareth-Hair of the Dog