Trolling rude player?

Adamgp08

Trolling rude player?

Post by Adamgp08 »

This guy whose player name is Moishe is becoming a growing pain. After being warned and kicked once for his racist. He is quick to bring up his Jewish identity and also notorious for starting controversial political rants and discriminatory comments, insulting people of different races and cultures and bringing up his supremacist beliefs. Is there anyone tired of this kind of behaviour because I notice admins are not doing much about these kinds of people. Ive been told to ignore it but he just doesnt stop. He is actually getting worse, I dont say anything racist back and ive tried to ignore it but gameplay is getting rather unpleasant with his continued spamming and it is not just me feeling it. Anyone else tired of asshats like this and admins being apathetic on this behaviour?
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Re: Trolling rude player?

Post by RoLnRoCk »

he's a pain in the ass for sure. i wish !ignore .## worked, i'm sick of the racist trolling crap. :17:
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hey Adam, thanks for your comments. I will address them as best I can. First let me say that racism is not something we let slide here in a server. On the ban list are plenty of people that have either racial names or use that type of language. I can guarantee none of the admins will let it slide. That is not to say we will ban on the first offence but there will be some type of action. Warning, kick or ban. I personally have warned him and he stopped instantly. I felt no need to go any further.

I am sorry I have not been on as much lately. Work has been crazy and well life in general has been a little rough here the past month. I will try to get on more to help out. Thanks for coming HERE instead of going off in game. I know (if your the Adam I am thinking of) you can get quite mouthy at times so again. Thanks for bringing it here. I can promise you one thing. If his (Moishe) behavior continues and I see him he will be punished in some form. I will also let him know prior to any disciplinary action that he is on thin ice and if he wishes to continue playing here at EA117 he had better follow the rules.

Once again thanks for brining it here and we will be watching for this to continue. :)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

RoLnRoCk wrote:he's a pain in the ass for sure. i wish !ignore .## worked, i'm sick of the racist trolling crap. :17:
It is working for me, but not literally "!ignore .%%". In the console, just "ignore %%" (no exclaimation, no dot) is muting my Moshie just fine. (And my Cheesemaster, Adam and Greengert who also need muted, but only when Moshie is on.)

The dude is definitely a troll; if people get banned for "health of the playing community", he's defnitely a candidate. You have just the basic chat spam angle; he just sits in a corner not playing, ranting on some topic or any topic for an entire map if possible.

Then you have the subjects angle, because he loves to push religious and political discussion and religious personal attacks far beyond reason, to where not there are a half-dozen people sitting in a corner not playing, trying to convince him why Romney isn't a rabbi or their mother isn't going to hell or some bullsh*t.

He continues even when asked politely to stop, even when asked non-politely to stop, and even when asked to respect all the people who are here to play DesertCombat and not because they wanted to subscribe to his Twitter feed.

I saw Com'On Son kick him once, but it seems more often than not he's getting away with it and angering a majority of the server without recourse. Is the player kick vote enabled? Maybe we can just kick him ourselves whenever he's out of hand.

One other angle:

Adam mentioned last night that Moshie is frequently team-wounding him, e.g. using a tank .50 to wound his BMP, seemingly trying to provoke a team kill in retaliation.

I have to say I've seen that too; on Bocage Day 2 I've caught Moshie shooting my Apache from the turret of a parked chopper as I'm departing the airfield.

So if you see any complaints like that about him in-game, they're more than likely legit.

He was damaging my calm quite a bit beofre I found the "ignore" option. Now it's just a nuisance whenever I see him and two other team members just standing around (chatting) for the entire game, but at least I don't have to listen to it.

-Trench
C'mon Son
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by C'mon Son »

I was in game with him yesterday and he was on his behavior at the time. If I do see him being a potty mouth I will have to drop the bomb on him. I have only banned one person so far and that was a one day ban for intentional TK'ing. I hope all players will follow the server rules......
"Now you're messin' with A son of a bi*ch" Nazareth-Hair of the Dog
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hey Trench ... great first post LOLOL. As I told Grey Ghost earlier. Welcome to the forums. Its unfortunate it is under these circumstances but then again its better than the reason I joined. LOLOL With this much support backing yalls statements he will definitely be given a short leash. I am sure y'all can understand when I say I am not to fond of banning someone without seeing it firsthand. Its not that I do not believe you guys because I all honesty. I do believe you. Its just I will have to explain why he is banned if he comes in and request an unban. I do not want a lot of the he said she said crap. We will be watching this guy. Thanks for coming here and letting us know.

Oh .. I loved your line "He was damaging my calm" LOLOL ... I may steal that from you if you do not care.

Thanks again and always a good time gaming with ya. Night
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Private Parts
United States of America

Post by Private Parts »

We should ban people like this who aren't around to play the game, but just to troll and just be generally annoying. After warnings and kicks, the next step is temporary ban. After that, permanent ban. As we are a small community that have been playing for a long time, we all know how to play the game the way it is supposed to, and this general jacka$$ery needs to stop. People like bRiNK get permanently banned for being excellent players because it is "disrupting gameplay" and adversely affecting the "health" of the server, while these clowns get to continue their bullsh*t unabated? I say there needs to be a reckoning on this subject. While some of us sometimes goof off in the name of fun when there are 3 players on the server at 5am, people need to grow up, or get out. Those who want to play should be able to have a quality experience, Win or lose; skilled player or 0.3 K/D player (like me!); old or young, whatever. I just don't want the last DC server that I love to degenerate to something less than its current stellar self. Just my 2 cents. And after 4 margaritas.
Thanks for reading,

PP
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

^^^ Is that you MAX?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Nightstalker wrote:I am sure y'all can understand when I say I am not to fond of banning someone without seeing it firsthand.
Understood. Just wanted to add my agreement of what his behavior has been, and maybe whatever evidence an admin does end up seeing will be taken in context of the pattern he's been demonstrating, rather than being "strike one". And I'm definitely not going to be the one reporting what he's mouthed off on any more, since he's on mute for me now.
Nightstalker wrote: I loved your line "He was damaging my calm" LOLOL ... I may steal that from you if you do not care.
I stole it from Joss Whedon, so no reason you shouldn't use it too. Maybe just ask him for the both of us next time you see him.

-Trench
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

And to all of you that have commented. Please do not think we take your comments lightly. They will be addressed ;)

Maybe we shall have him report back after watching American History X and let us know what he thinks of the whole supremacy then.

Trench I will be in DFW this coming week. Maybe we should get a beer some time if I get a chance. I am OK if you buy :D

PS I am a white dude lolol ... great movie. ;)
Adamgp08

Post by Adamgp08 »

He isn't a white supremacist, he just constantly has to emphasize that he is Jewish and it makes him have some sort of intellectual superiority over everyone else and it isnt just muslims and arabs he insults, he insults people of east asian descent as well, last time he was saying alot of foul stuff about vietnamese and malaysian people and provokes religious and political debates which he just constantly feeds; even after people ignore him, he continues. Someone made a Jew joke before and I stood up for him yet he came back and bit me in the arse with his racist bs which is total nonsense. That is one matter though, the more annoying matter at hand is how he will fire rounds at your tank and damage you either just when an enemy tank is coming, giving the opposing team an easy kill or provoking you into team killing him. His stats in most games are generally really low which makes me wonder if he is there to play or just be a clown.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

when in game<<<<<stab him then....problem solved.....or shoot him if thats ur preference....Run him over thats a funny way.......lmao.....as far as chat....ignore him then,,,,,,,thats alwasy the best way...take the fuel away and the fire goes out........but ya'll still need people to shoot at...in game , of course....
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Your going to get all these threads locked, dufus :)

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Trench wrote:
Nightstalker wrote: I loved your line "He was damaging my calm" LOLOL ... I may steal that from you if you do not care.
I stole it from Joss Whedon, so no reason you shouldn't use it too. Maybe just ask him for the both of us next time you see him.

-Trench
Fire Fly/Serenity was epic awesome.
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Nightstalker wrote:Trench I will be in DFW this coming week. Maybe we should get a beer some time if I get a chance. I am OK if you buy :D
I have nothing against beer or paying. :) But my wife is laid up for three weeks recovering from a surgery, so not a time for me to run out just to have a beer with the boys. Maybe another time when the opportunity presents.

Perhaps I'll end up seeing you anyway though if you check on the physical EA117 server, since it's been suggested more than once that the server must be sitting somewhere in my basement... ;)

-Trench
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

Trench wrote:
RoLnRoCk wrote:he's a pain in the ass for sure. i wish !ignore .## worked, i'm sick of the racist trolling crap. :17:
It is working for me, but not literally "!ignore .%%". In the console, just "ignore %%" (no exclaimation, no dot) is muting my Moshie just fine. (And my Cheesemaster, Adam and Greengert who also need muted, but only when Moshie is on.)
The dude is definitely a troll; if people get banned for "health of the playing community", he's defnitely a candidate. You have just the basic chat spam angle; he just sits in a corner not playing, ranting on some topic or any topic for an entire map if possible
-Trench
yeah, i figured out it had to be done in console like 20 minutes after i posted that. after all these years of playing lol. ban the trolls not the skilled players!
Private Parts wrote:People like bRiNK get permanently banned for being excellent players because it is "disrupting gameplay" and adversely affecting the "health" of the server, while these clowns get to continue their bullsh*t unabated? I say there needs to be a reckoning on this subject.
word.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Simply put,. there needs to be a fresh push for new admins. All the old Admins are mostly off playing the new game and no/not enough new ones were brought in to fill the gaps :(
scarwolf

Post by scarwolf »

Adamgp08 wrote:This guy whose player name is Moishe is becoming a growing pain. After being warned and kicked once for his racist. He is quick to bring up his Jewish identity and also notorious for starting controversial political rants and discriminatory comments, insulting people of different races and cultures and bringing up his supremacist beliefs. Is there anyone tired of this kind of behaviour because I notice admins are not doing much about these kinds of people. Ive been told to ignore it but he just doesnt stop. He is actually getting worse, I dont say anything racist back and ive tried to ignore it but gameplay is getting rather unpleasant with his continued spamming and it is not just me feeling it. Anyone else tired of asshats like this and admins being apathetic on this behaviour?
done this before with me lol awhile back hes a oddball
Thonger

Post by Thonger »

best thing anyone can do is ignore moishe. pretend he's an impudent child, do you normally give smacktard kids what they want? and what they want is attention, and they don't care how they get it.

i remember you also saying moishe was reason enough to leave ea117. way i figure it, if all it takes is one trolling smacktard to make you leave a great server you won't last long on 117. or any server for that matter. fact is, trolling tards are a way of life on the internet. just put your mental filter on and ignore.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

My gook friend says ignore the racist trolls... but all due respect.. racism needs to be nipped in the bud (again, sorry for the blatant racist term there my gook friend, I meant nipped like a puppy, not nipped as in you slant eyed bastards) and players who get racist in game must be put down for at least a week so they hopefully can come back but know that racism is not tolerated here.

Well said ching chong boy in a thong!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Really??? ... Well Barney Fife just loaded his one bullet and nipped that stupid comment in the bud.

And no I will not delete it so Thong can see what type of "friend" you are.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Hmm....Rally and MOJO, you never see them in the same place together....Hmm....I wonder if this person is wearing blue long johns and a big gold "R" on the chest. Image

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
bingo.ca

Post by bingo.ca »

MOJORyder wrote:My gook friend says ignore the racist trolls... but all due respect.. racism needs to be nipped in the bud (again, sorry for the blatant racist term there my gook friend, I meant nipped like a puppy, not nipped as in you slant eyed bastards) and players who get racist in game must be put down for at least a week so they hopefully can come back but know that racism is not tolerated here.

lol

i'm still laughing.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

bingo.ca wrote:
MOJORyder wrote:My gook friend says ignore the racist trolls... but all due respect.. racism needs to be nipped in the bud (again, sorry for the blatant racist term there my gook friend, I meant nipped like a puppy, not nipped as in you slant eyed bastards) and players who get racist in game must be put down for at least a week so they hopefully can come back but know that racism is not tolerated here.

lol

i'm still laughing.
Shame NS is such an overly sensitive bitch and doesn't see it your way Bingo.
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

Bye Mojo. 1day ban, anymore of that and it will be permanent.