OUR 3 CUSTOM DC MAPS

c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

OUR 3 CUSTOM DC MAPS

Post by c0loNeL »

Hey everyone,
We are now running our custom maps in rotation. They are in the the download section at the top of the DC section or here's the link
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1655

Gulf War 2,Forbidden Valley and Dustbowl

This is where they need to go C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\DesertCombat\Archives\bf1942\Levels\
GW2 should auto install itself, but Forbidden Valley and Dustbowl need to be pasted in. Or the 'ole drag n drop. :D
TwiTch
United States of America

Re: OUR 2 CUSTOM DC MAPS

Post by TwiTch »

It wont install for me. I couldnt play when map came in rotation. BUMMER
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Twitch is up and running. So are most people. It was actually and absolute BLAST tonight .. UNTIL ... Forbidden Valley. Let me start with the good Gulf War went over like my homebrew. Everyone loved it and asked to restart. I said how about we run Forbidden Valley and while it started off decent I think we should take away with radar. While red was getting there ass handed to them it became apparent that if blue has a good pilot .. Cro Cop in this scenerio (and he is good) we had no chance. Helo's were F'd, ground crew was pretty much F'd ... Snipers .. yea right. All F'd. Most of red was saying get rid of radar. This is not a bitch to Cro Cop and actually a good on him for holding red back but holy shit. We were screwed. And we also had a bunch of guys that were willing to work together. GET RID OF THE GAYDAR.

GulfWar was AWSOME. I can not say how excited I was to see damn near a server full of people playing this map. To all of the EA117 guys ... thank you for being a part of this group and putting up with all of us. You guys make this server who we are. Thanks for listening when we ask to quit camping or load a new map. Tonight was what makes this game what it is. Even the original maps were fun. But I will promise .. Gulf War 2 will stay. And thanks to Colonel for thinking of bringing these maps back.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
mistamontiel
Cuba

Post by mistamontiel »

Maaaaan I missed out Gulf, but I'm glad it's still in rotation.

It's so massive, must be chaos with you crazy "gentle"men 8-)

As for installers, I prefer archives. Look first post over again. Drag n drop the .rfa where it belongs. Profit
Mordor
Canada

Post by Mordor »

mistamontiel wrote:Maaaaan I missed out Gulf, but I'm glad it's still in rotation.

It's so massive, must be chaos with you crazy "gentle"men 8-)

As for installers, I prefer archives. Look first post over again. Drag n drop the .rfa where it belongs. Profit
and where would that be, . the .rfa file ?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Double click the Forbidden Valley folder. No need to extract or unzip anything. Once you open that folder you will see the DC_Forbidden_Valley.rfa file. You can just drag and drop into this location C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\DesertCombat\Archives\bf1942\Levels\

Gulfwar2 has the autoinstaller so you should not have an issue with that one.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
JagdTurkey

Post by JagdTurkey »

I'm writing to request that the custom maps not be played. Tonight we had a server of 40 players which then dropped to 15 players when it came on. I tried to get the admin to change it to something else but they said oh it will be fun and almost everybody has it. When is this going to stop? :30: at least do away with forbidden valley. Gulfwar seems slightly more popular. I've also noticed that the server crashes more on the custom maps.
slayer1

Post by slayer1 »

The same thing has happened to me 3 nights in a row. the server is going good and then the custom maps come up. The population drops by 75%. I realize that these maps were put in place for a little variety, but the fact is that not everyone is going to go download them.

The casual player is not going to take the time to go download the maps. This game has so few players as it is.

There are plenty of other maps that could be added to the rotation for variety (weapons bunkers, ohmaha, Berlin, basarah nights).

my 2 cent
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Custom maps have been pulled from rotation... and rotation changed up
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

You forgot this .... :roll:
C'mon Son
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by C'mon Son »

:lol: :lol: ........:roll: ............................. :lol: :P
"Now you're messin' with A son of a bi*ch" Nazareth-Hair of the Dog
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

lol, bish's :roll:
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LMAO !!!!!!!!!! I have not looked at the changes but I am sure we will have plenty of people that will want to run Gulf War from time to time. I still think if we run Forbidden Valley we need to remove the fighter jets or anything with radar for that matter.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Ya, a little modding would be good :)
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

c0loNeL wrote:Ya, a little modding would be good :)
Im not familiar with Gulf War at all, is it DC planes/weapons ? Or new planes/weapons ?

And FYI , if you want to mod out the radar on the planes than it will require everyone else to download the map again , it cant be done serverside :(
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I think he just wants to remove the planes that have radar; to replace them with non-radar planes or helos.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Swanny-CG wrote:I think he just wants to remove the planes that have radar; to replace them with non-radar planes or helos.

Correct.