Let's talk shop!
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

My goal is to be here someday...

Post by toolman »

King of the Hammers.

Think Baja 500 with a few miles of large boulders as part of the course. Rock/desert racing if ya will. 8-)

professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Re: My goal is to be here someday...

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I know it seems I blow my horn at doing alot of things. When I lived in Mission Viejo,Ca. I help owner of Mission Off Road. He used my back bedroom as a warehouse while getting started. It grew to sponser Mike Horner Racing. I was lucky enough to pre run the Baja 1000 many years ago to look at the track set up pits along the road and check for booby traps. Good times.
Last edited by Sarge 1/68th Armor on February 13th, 2013, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Fixed link for ya Tool ;)

That seems like it would be a very challenging setup ESPECIALLY in the suspension department. I have always been told for rock crawling people remove the sway bars and what not for the articulation aspect. But then you have high speed desert with turning where a sway bar would be, well I do know if needed is the word for preferred.

Sarge, I hope Trench finds your above story on Snopes too LMAO!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you said booby... Spec will chime in on this thread now :D
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by toolman »

Sarge wrote:I know it seems I blow my horn at doing alot of things. When I lived in Mission Viejo,Ca. I help owner of Mission Off Road. He used my back bedromm as a warehouse will getting starter. It grew to sponser Mike Horner Racing. I was lucky enough to pre run the Baja 1000 many years ago too look at the track set up pits along the road and check for booby traps. Good times
I have heard of both Mission off road and mike horner racing....the web has expanded the exchange of info and groups in the off-road world like nothing else.

last couple years there have been a hand-full of guys from my area I know that have made it out west to compete in KOH in some of the lower classes....that race is brutal on rigs. the guys out west have alot more opportunity to test out their rigs for those conditions than us on this side of the river.

Thanks for fixing the link nighty.....was acting funny for me for some reason. :P
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

Nice find Tim. Looks like one helluva race. I like the line that went something like, "You can gain minutes in the desert but lose hours in the rocks/boulders.."