help fix/update PB

sanchez
El Salvador

help fix/update PB

Post by sanchez »

after a while not playing I just installed BF 1942 but when I try to play PB kick me, I just did a fresh install following the sticky instructions however PB still kicks me.
any help how to fix/update PB.
thanks
BoOn
Canada

Re: help fix/update PB

Post by BoOn »

Run this program to properly update your PB to the last patch, follow the instructions included in Tanks Pb

http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... =12&t=1655
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

And I have to say it every time someone does an install ... MAKE SURE you have the "enable PB" box checked in before you try to log in game. ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Nightstalker wrote:MAKE SURE you have the "enable PB" box checked in before you try to log in game.
That "Enable PunkBuster" checkbox appears at the bottom of the server list screen, right where you interactively attempt to join a specific server.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Trench wrote:
Nightstalker wrote:MAKE SURE you have the "enable PB" box checked in before you try to log in game.
That "Enable PunkBuster" checkbox appears at the bottom of the server list screen, right where you interactively attempt to join a specific server.
Yes, that screen will appear once the intro screens are finished playing . . . . . :P
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

BoOn wrote:Yes, that screen will appear once the intro screens are finished playing . . . . .
Yeah, okay, it's right there in the same screens where all the other game configuration options are.

OH WAIT, NO IT'S NOT . . . . . ;)

And if you're still allowing the intro screens to play, I can't help you get those 1.83 years of your life back. (Add " +restart 1" sans quotes to your BF1942.EXE shortcut command line to skip intros.)

-Trench
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

What if you like the intro screens?

Why the hell do you not have your target to go strait to the server. You are wasting .792633333 years clicking favorites (we know you have EA117 on your favorites list) then joining. Jeeez and I call you the computer guru.... sigh ... no beer for you.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

thank you guys I got it working finally, thanks for you help.