Death bubbles

hoppin bob
United States of America

Death bubbles

Post by hoppin bob »

So I was playing desert shield and had a thought. I wanted to steal the red helo but the death bubble prevents it. If it is illegal to attack main, why the death bubbles? Why not just do away with them? Then on maps like twin rivers , you could actually snipe the blue main. Also I like to steal the other teams equipment, it's annoying, I know, but still legal. Just a thought. There are probably very good reasons to keep the bubbles. That's why I posted the question. Just lookin for some feedback.

Edit: sorry it was urban siege not shield.
fromage

Re: Death bubbles

Post by fromage »

DIe, death bubbles. Die....

They really need to be removed. IMHO
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Isn't a death bubble just filled with a taco fart?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
A FLYING COW
Canada

Post by A FLYING COW »

I think the death bubbles should be put away for a bit, but people need to keep in mind basecamping/baseraping. Except Stalingrad. Shit gets cray down there.
fromage

Post by fromage »

A FLYING COW wrote:I think the death bubbles should be put away for a bit, but people need to keep in mind basecamping/baseraping. Except Stalingrad. Shit gets cray down there.
:idea: Here's an alternate idea: Much in the same way lada's are immune to bubbles, a sniper kit that makes you immune to the bubble would be a great way of keeping the bubble in place while allowing snipers to have more options from countering the cheater radar guys. Allowing sniper's more hide options. A great map to try this on is El Alamein and all other rules would stay in place.

Admins, is this possible just like being in the lada keeps you immune until you get out?

Now about Cow's field patty's and the dangers they pose. ;)
Ækilju

Post by Ækilju »

That's actually a really good idea. But then you would also need this kit to steal vehicles/other kits from the main.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I am no modder so I have NO idea but I am really digging Cheese's idea. I am for the bubbles as it deters base camping. (For the most part) If I had my way we would get rid of the radar or if it was possible I would like for the radar to find armor and planes ONLY.. .. NOT infantry. I have discussed that option before and it is not possible. The lada/sniper mod may be.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Any luck with this with the powers that be? Who does Nighty have to show his undercarriage to?
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

i think removal on some/all maps would be freakin awesome.....especially on any map with that pos SA3....it sucks, cuz unless you wanna sit and wait...you cant get at it.....plus the whole sniper issue as well.

I still dont get why peeps have such a problem with the main camp....if theres enough vehicles and you know its comin its easy to deal with...

problem lies in only one or 2 vehicles.

then peeps will want to keep other flags so you can "git em from behind" when the rape happens....lmao....

try out a map...such as el all or whatever....bump up the spawn times to like 2 secs for each vehicle and lets rape away!!!!

Tons of fun to know when you spawn its time to blast away!!!

PS can we do away with the tags on some maps so peeps cant see through walls......

nothing worse than touching myself in the corner of a building to see someone cum in and kill me......
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I can guarantee that the base camping rule is going NO where.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Ækilju

Post by Ækilju »

zanshin1 wrote: PS can we do away with the tags on some maps so peeps cant see through walls......

nothing worse than touching myself in the corner of a building to see someone cum in and kill me......
Agree with that. Nothing like trying to be stealthy when every red guy within 30 feet knows exactly where and who you are.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I will tell you what is fun. Removing the external views so it is a true FPS. I might be able to do OK in the air then lolol.
Thonger

Post by Thonger »

I think removing the death bubbles could truly work, but only if the rules are slightly augmented. Instead of possible kicks and eventually bans as a result of attacking the uncap, such actions should be met with automatic decapitation and swift emasculation, regardless of the presence of an admin. This might also require either sophisticated server-side scripting, or promoting EA117's current lineup of admins to omnipotent God-like status.
Pinhead
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Pinhead »

i think the death bubbles should stay but maybe make some smaller like on twin rivers for blue
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I don't see death bubbles going anywhere.

I wouldn't mind if the bubble didn't affect a certain class like sniper but I don't know if that's possible and TBH I don't have the time to try and figure it out. If Boon or someone else wants to take it on as a project we can check it out on a map and see how it goes. The only thing is as soon as they jump in a vehicle, they'd be toast unless they got out fast enough (a plane or something would work).
fromage

Post by fromage »

Swanny-CG wrote:I don't see death bubbles going anywhere.

I wouldn't mind if the bubble didn't affect a certain class like sniper but I don't know if that's possible and TBH I don't have the time to try and figure it out. If Boon or someone else wants to take it on as a project we can check it out on a map and see how it goes. The only thing is as soon as they jump in a vehicle, they'd be toast unless they got out fast enough (a plane or something would work).
I still think that'd be the way to go, sniper packs. It keeps the bubble in place and allows for more hide options. Getting rid of radar wouldn't be bad either...
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I wish the radar at least the *infantry* finding radar could be removed. That is my BIGGEST pet peeve of the game. To be honest it pisses me off LOLOL
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

How am I supposed to swoop down and Wing clip an annoying runway sniper without my gaydar? Seriously, I like the idea of the sniper being able to avoid the death bubbles. As was stated, it leaves them in place, but allows snipers to find better hiding spots, and also would allow me to steal enemy equipment. :D
OREX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by OREX »

Sniper gets in death bubble... jumps in tank...base rapes just long enough that he doesn't die....jumps out???
fromage

Post by fromage »

OREX wrote:Sniper gets in death bubble... jumps in tank...base rapes just long enough that he doesn't die....jumps out???
I see this as the exception though, not the rule.

BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

In regards to the sniper class, you cannot exempt them from the death bubble as the code for the death bubble effects the enemy class as a whole. The only way to actually get a sniper into a death bubble would be to add a "health bubble" to the sniper "kit" to counter the damage from the death bubble, the issue with that is the player will get the camera shake and the "Ooo" "Ahhh" "Ooo" "Ahh" . . . . . . wait a sec, It may be possible cause I think I might be confusing that with the out of bounds animations/sound. Another side effect thou would be that sniper would be almost invincible as since the health bubble kills quickly the health bubble on the kit would have to heal quickly , and would be able to heal all his teammates quickly too.

Removing the infantry finding radar too wouldnt work either.

I no longer have BF42 installed so modding is a no go on my end these days but SC im sure still has all his stuff.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

BoOn wrote:Another side effect thou would be that sniper would be almost invincible as since the health bubble kills quickly the health bubble on the kit would have to heal quickly , and would be able to heal all his teammates quickly too.
A sniper class that is invincible and can heal team mates with just a touch? That sound you hear in the distance is Cheesemaster spooging uncontrollably in his shorts at the mere thought...

-Trench
fromage

Post by fromage »

Trench wrote:
BoOn wrote:Another side effect thou would be that sniper would be almost invincible as since the health bubble kills quickly the health bubble on the kit would have to heal quickly , and would be able to heal all his teammates quickly too.
A sniper class that is invincible and can heal team mates with just a touch? That sound you hear in the distance is Cheesemaster spooging uncontrollably in his shorts at the mere thought...

-Trench
Sounds a lot like Trench on his first (and last) date ;)
fromage

Post by fromage »

BoOn wrote:In regards to the sniper class, you cannot exempt them from the death bubble as the code for the death bubble effects the enemy class as a whole. The only way to actually get a sniper into a death bubble would be to add a "health bubble" to the sniper "kit" to counter the damage from the death bubble, the issue with that is the player will get the camera shake and the "Ooo" "Ahhh" "Ooo" "Ahh" . . . . . . wait a sec, It may be possible cause I think I might be confusing that with the out of bounds animations/sound. Another side effect thou would be that sniper would be almost invincible as since the health bubble kills quickly the health bubble on the kit would have to heal quickly , and would be able to heal all his teammates quickly too.

Removing the infantry finding radar too wouldnt work either.

I no longer have BF42 installed so modding is a no go on my end these days but SC im sure still has all his stuff.
Bummer. Thanks for explaining. In that case, getting rid of death bubbles on certain maps then might make sense. Like El Alamein. SC...how will you find me then? ;)
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

fromage wrote:SC...how will you find me then?
Well lets see, If its El Al as you mention, there is the stationary AA's, Mobile AA's, Just jumping into a jet quickly would do the trick... Ya If you dont want to be found I dont think hiding in the enemy base would be a good idea lol.