Death bubbles

swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Death bubbles

Post by swodi »

remove the aa's and jet's with radar - years ago on a ctf server that was my favorite sniping places - in base's where they wouldn't think to look for a sniper...

I say no bubbles and keep base camp rules - delete the aa's and jets with radar @ el al anyway

I like the idea of my guy layin on the ground going OOooo AAhhh OOooo AAhhh!!!
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

swodi wrote:remove the aa's and jet's with radar
I like that idea, would def make the helos worth flying since they would only have to deal with the Frog and Thunderbolt, and yes the snipers will now have a chance to enjoy sniping.
A FLYING COW
Canada

Post by A FLYING COW »

BoOn wrote:
swodi wrote:remove the aa's and jet's with radar
I like that idea, would def make the helos worth flying since they would only have to deal with the Frog and Thunderbolt, and yes the snipers will now have a chance to enjoy sniping.

YES. That sounds like a fantastic idea.
fromage

Post by fromage »

swodi wrote:remove the aa's and jet's with radar - years ago on a ctf server that was my favorite sniping places - in base's where they wouldn't think to look for a sniper...

I say no bubbles and keep base camp rules - delete the aa's and jets with radar @ el al anyway
That's what I'm sayin'! Let's make it happen. :18:
JagdTurkey

Post by JagdTurkey »

swodi wrote:remove the aa's and jet's with radar - years ago on a ctf server that was my favorite sniping places - in base's where they wouldn't think to look for a sniper...

I like the idea of my guy layin on the ground going OOooo AAhhh OOooo AAhhh!!!
This, Radar sucks.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Speaking of bubbles, what about Stalingrad? Would bubbles that extend almost all the way to the first flag for each side help diffuse the "now we'll just setup camp and cornhole you at your main" outcome which seems to be the most common on this map? This map creates some good battles, just 0% of them after one team is cornered into their main.

-Trench
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

I like swodis idea.......and while in there......cut the spawn time for the helos in half. no gaydar and more helos make that a fun map. I also think those sa3 are gay too. get those gone. Unless you loosen up on the bubble.....hate the fact I cant get at those things and they can shoot out.......
Ækilju

Post by Ækilju »

zanshin1 wrote:I like swodis idea.......and while in there......cut the spawn time for the helos in half. no gaydar and more helos make that a fun map. I also think those sa3 are gay too. get those gone. Unless you loosen up on the bubble.....hate the fact I cant get at those things and they can shoot out.......
Yeah. Nothing like waiting 10 minutes for your A10/Frog to spawn then you see in the chat "SA3 up" then think "oh hey i can fix that" then cripple yourself going through the death bubble.
Trench wrote:Speaking of bubbles, what about Stalingrad? Would bubbles that extend almost all the way to the first flag for each side help diffuse the "now we'll just setup camp and cornhole you at your main" outcome which seems to be the most common on this map? This map creates some good battles, just 0% of them after one team is cornered into their main.

-Trench
That usually just happens for the U.S. but it definitely isn't fun being stuck in your main when you've got 10 red guys hiding in the ruins waiting for an innocent unsuspecting blue man to walk in.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Only one way to find out. Let's keep it simple and remove radar planes, shilka/vulcan and the death bubble on El Alamein as a test. I predict it'll be more fun.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Says the guy that snipes every time we play that map .... Are the request to benefit one or all ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:Says the guy that snipes every time we play that map .... Are the request to benefit one or all ;)
I'd flip that argument. Getting rid of the radar would level the playing field against infantry and radarred planes for example. Not just as a sniper, but anyone trying to capture a base. Let pilots use their other skills to get ground forces. As for sniping, just doing what a sniper does best: Create chaos & keeping the enemy suppressed so his team can capture bases. ;)

Having said that, it doesn't change the fact that helos or other planes might have a better chance of suppressing SA3s firing out. Stealing equipment as Bob mentioned, etc.

I think it'd keep people working harder and more honest by not getting lazy with radar or bubbles.
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

really you guys fighting over snipers attacking main??
i personally hate snipers... and anything to do with snipers they are lame people that need to take up ballet or grow a pair and get out and fight.(thats my rant of the day...) :twisted: ;)

but seriously if you allow no bubble and/or no radar then whats to stop 3/4 of the team to snipe the other team with jet skills like hopping bob or other good pilots when they are down??? if you ask me the real problem is jets are seriously over powered and way too easily dominate on maps like el al...ie: i am a helo pilot and i like to fight jets with little birds its a fair fight but spawning in a main with no chance of getting out because 20 snipers are there is way way worse.

IF you allow only 1 sniper per side and eliminate radar from everything and put shikas and sa3 outside of main so no one has a reason to attack main in the first place then the death bubble argument is mute and i think its also way easier on the admins to enforce the rules.... my 2 cents
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

its more than just snipers.......i want to get in there and c4 that piece o sht sa3........maybe do some stabbin on the way out....etc....lol.....20 snipers in my main sounds like fun fun fun. a little c4, some knife action.......maybe even the front end of a hummer from time to time......yee haww!!!
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

no greater satisfaction than stabbing a sniper....yee haww is the perfect words!! :D
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

I have to agree with that one from the other side - there is nothing worse than sniping and some sneaky bastage crawls up next to me and knifes me... sux in '42 and worse in bf3... lol
fromage

Post by fromage »

I do like the idea of being able to sneak into the main, dropping a flaming bag of C4 & poo on the doormat and ringing the bell. Oh right, I'm supposed to run away. Right.

Regarding knifing snipers. Hell. I invite it. Just don't be a dbag and cheat with radar. Snipers create chaos and it's always fun finding a sniper.

We can always leave Tuck at their doorstep...
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

We are F'd if Demonic is in the main ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.