Language ban?

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
SuperTesla
United States of America

Language ban?

Post by SuperTesla »

1. In-game alias: SuperTesla<CP-SF>
2. DC/BF4: DC
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank): 23264971de696e05f1209124d138d407
4. Date of the ban: 9/1/2014
5. Who banned you: IDK
6. What were you banned for: Language kick
7. Comments: I was playing DC Al Nas today around 6pm Central Time and got kicked for language. I said the "F" word once, mainly because I was getting spawn killed numerous times in Red main (I was on Red team), and just got angry. I shouldn't have said it, but I just had one of those moments :/ Sorry bout that.

I don't know if it was an auto-ban or what, or who kicked/banned me. No admins were on, unless they were using a different name. Sorry guys, won't happen again!

Thanks.
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Language ban?

Post by Trench »

Yes, it was an auto-ban by the server itself, because you reached the profanity filter's threshold for number of temporary kicks before a permanent ban is automatically issued.

The profanity filter is there to help keep the server civil, and it's not that there's "no issue" since it did get triggered enough times to finally auto-ban you. We're all guilty of having hit the profanity filter intentionally or unintentionally at some point, but its easy enough to stay clear of getting kicked let alone banned. So maybe find some vegetarian words to steer even further clear of the filter.

That said, in my experience you're definitely not someone who is being intentionally or repeatedly disruptive or disrespectful with your chat content, and this kick doesn't represent there being "a problem." I can't even remember the last time I saw you get kicked for language, and I have to believe that this is a threshold you've hit over a very long period of time. If this was some kind of new problem or accumulated over a relatively short period of time, it could make sense to leave the ban in place for a few days off. But that doesn't seem appropriate based on what the server logs confirm your history has been.

In the interest of expedience I'm removing the auto-generated ban for now. Worst case, after other admins have come back from vacation and/or have time to review this, one of them might be aware of additional factors for which a few days ban should be re-instated. But if anything like that were to happen, it will be further explained here.

So until then, we'll see you back in game, you spicy eggplant'ing son of a pasta maker.

-Trench
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

Thanks Trench! I figured it was an auto-ban. I have been kicked a few times in the past month for language. Many times it was because I said a word with "spic" in it, such as "spicy (I eat lotsa spicy foods and like to talk about them in game lol).

I'll be sure to be extra careful. I'm guessing the auto-ban for language is about 10-15 kicks?
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
fromage

Post by fromage »

SuperTesla wrote:Thanks Trench! I figured it was an auto-ban. I have been kicked a few times in the past month for language. Many times it was because I said a word with "spic" in it, such as "spicy (I eat lotsa spicy foods and like to talk about them in game lol).

I'll be sure to be extra careful. I'm guessing the auto-ban for language is about 10-15 kicks?
Ha, that is probably the one word that catches everyone at some point. Like: "Rye, you spicy Italian meatball - are you gesturing at the monitor as you curse us out?" :D

mistamontiel
Cuba

Post by mistamontiel »

SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

Roflmao wut?
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Never ever mention that you sat in a cockpit while playing, or saying anything innocuous like "hospice care."

You have been warned.
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

lol cheesse
Silent Assassin
co,brah

Post by co,brah »

Glad to see you back Tesla!!!!